NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

What color?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-17, 09:43 AM
d8168055
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Can't go wrong with white. In our 3 month rain season that happens every 200 years in SoCal, the car still looked clean for not being washed for 3 months.

Tho the Rioja red looks sporty/flashy, I don't really like the execution with the half red half black. If you're in the back seat, the headrest is red, but the back is black.. kind of awkward to me.. I think the IS/RC/GS interior is better looking with more red in thought out panels. I love the red contrast stitch tho, I wish I had that in my car.
Old 03-28-17, 11:35 AM
IgoZoom99
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by d8168055
Can't go wrong with white. In our 3 month rain season that happens every 200 years in SoCal, the car still looked clean for not being washed for 3 months.

Tho the Rioja red looks sporty/flashy, I don't really like the execution with the half red half black. If you're in the back seat, the headrest is red, but the back is black.. kind of awkward to me.. I think the IS/RC/GS interior is better looking with more red in thought out panels. I love the red contrast stitch tho, I wish I had that in my car.
Yes, white is the easiest color to keep clean that I've ever owned. My F-Sport is Obsidian (Black) but my work also pays for unlimited washes. I couldn't own a dark colored car if I had to actually keep it clean myself (or pay to constantly have it washed out of my own pocket).

I love the Red interior and wish mine had it instead of the Black. I don't care for light-colored interiors and the 'Creme' interior on the regular NX is very unappealing to me. It is almost yellowish to me, far to light and bright.

According to the brochure and website, there's also an interior color called 'Flaxen' available on non-F-Sport models, but I haven't seen it in person.

I'm willing to bet that the Black interior has the highest take rate on all NX models.
Old 03-29-17, 05:46 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

i would wait until the refreshed NX comes out (April 19) to place an order, in case you like the refreshed version better
Old 03-29-17, 07:12 PM
Toymom
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I saw your thread on this. How do you know what the changes will be? I can wait to order, just don't know if I should.
Old 03-31-17, 06:58 PM
NXblue
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

NXblue...you have 2 NX's? That Atomic Silver is really nice, very sharp! Problem is I can't get the red interior on the regular model, which I really like. I have all black interior in my RAV now and hate it. And like I said, seems like everyone has that color.
No! I had the base NX200t Blue Vortex & traded it in towards the AS w/ RR & B interior! I liked the Blue a lot, but to me, it isn't even CLOSE to the awe of the Atomic Silver W/ those wheels! The red & black seats are awesome. Many compliments on those & the SUV in general!
As far as the seats, I've had both & I don't think the F sport ones are that different! Maybe a little at first, but in a short time, I don't even notice them!& I'm not small either, 6'2" 260. Fits fine!

Hadiguy05...you said "or the orange color"....what color is that? Are you talking about the kind of brown rust color (not a very good way to describe, but you know what I mean)? I haven't seen any in that color in person.[/QUOTE]
They were mentioning the orange color called "molten pearl" but I think that's only avail. in the F sport model!

Last edited by NXblue; 03-31-17 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Wrong word
Old 04-01-17, 06:53 AM
Toymom
Rookie

NXblue... If you read my "test drive" thread, I think I've narrowed it down to the FSport in either Ultra White w/red interior or the MRM w/black interior. I have all black in my RAV4 also and am not crazy about it but the guy at the dealer said the red w/black was pretty sharp in the FSport. The red was my original first choice....but we'll see.
Old 04-01-17, 08:04 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Toymom
I saw your thread on this. How do you know what the changes will be? I can wait to order, just don't know if I should.
Its all speculation right now...but there definitely will be improvements.
Old 04-16-17, 08:13 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by screen
Molten pearl is available on the F-sport in the US. Very few dealers stock them
Yes, and there is a very good reason for that. ;-)

Anyway, I would go with Nebula Gray or Atomic Silver with Rioja Red for an NX.
Old 04-17-17, 03:18 PM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

after still owning 2 silver cars I am totally bored by that color. also dont care for black anymore. bought white car and its beautiful...would of bought orange or electric blue if had 1 in stock. white looks good tho.
Old 04-17-17, 04:40 PM
Toymom
Rookie

Originally Posted by Torii
after still owning 2 silver cars I am totally bored by that color. also dont care for black anymore. bought white car and its beautiful...would of bought orange or electric blue if had 1 in stock. white looks good tho.
Yeah, there are sooo many silver cars on the road, they all start to look the same. I'm definitely leaning towards the white (even though I'm driving a white car now), white always looks good to me....or the red....still not sure.