NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Traded in my Blue NX for..A Nx F sport

Old 01-21-17, 08:50 PM
NXblue
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Cool Traded in my Blue NX for..A Nx F sport

Well, something happened & changed somethings in life. My cousin passed away last July. We were very close & he was never married or children, single guy his whole life.
I knew he had retirements, house & land to sell. Well long story, me & my wife got a large check recently. We are paying bills & we discussed that when I got my NX last year, had
to lease, because I didn't really have the money to get the F sport. Well, that's all changed now! Worked hard with the local dealer & they gave me a GREAT price off of a 2017 Nx200t,
F sport that had a lot of equipment / options on it They low balled me at first on my 2016 NX200t, but did better as I visited a dealer in Denver & keep asking for more on my trade, or off of the
one they had in stock. It wasn't what I thought I wanted as far as color options, but the Ultrasonic Blur Mica in Denver was dirty, looked like a loaner / bosses SUV. Wasn't impressed nor the
color wasn't what I wanted. So, the more I looked at the Atomic Silver on at the local dealer, looked better & better in different lights. They said it was the ONLY one they had in stock that has
the "Pre-collision-radar controlled cruse control" & couldn't sell it! Well I love the color the more I look at it, it had the Rioja Red / black interior! WOW! Impressive car. I thought I'd miss the Blue
color, but not so sure anymore! I can see why it is one of the most popular colors they sell! It is FANTASTIC! Not just Silver, which I don't really care for, but this has any color from grayish Silver
to Gold, beige, I've even seen a slight misty greenish tint to the gold part. Sorry for going on, but this is one of the sexiest, classy, fantastic vehicles I've ever seen or owned! Still need to get the
windows tinted, clear bra on several places up front & they are going to mount the mud Flaps for me, INCLUDED in deal! The wheels are awesome too!!
So Corrado, do I need to fill in the NEW vehicle registration again? Hahaha! Love to hear what others thing of this dynamic color! It's like nothing I've seen, even pearls
don't change this much in colors! Thanks for reading! I did finance 1/2 of the deal, got out of the lease, & paid for the upside down &the other 1/2! 5 Years & it's mine, no residual. Dealer gave
$1120 UNDER invoice, so the trade in didn't look as good, but bottom line was great! I hope these pics work

At dealership.
Side view dealer
Back view in my driveway
Side view
In garage.look at the color difference from front & back!
Corrado..can I change my name also?? It's ok if I can't!
Tell me what you think!
Attached Thumbnails Traded in my Blue NX for..A Nx F sport-20170120_152951.jpg   Traded in my Blue NX for..A Nx F sport-20170121_17as_fsport.jpg   Traded in my Blue NX for..A Nx F sport-20170121_17as_fsport2.jpg   Traded in my Blue NX for..A Nx F sport-20170121_17as_fsport3.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Drtbk4ever (02-08-17)
Old 01-22-17, 02:14 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. I agree, the color is very unique - it isn't a true Silver, but has some hints of an earth tone. We love that color on our ES, but be careful, it really shows scratches, no matter how minor. I personally think Atomic Silver or Nebula Gray are the best colors and contrast the black wheel arches the best.

I noticed there is no snow in your pictures. What's up with that? I thought you would have snow on the ground this time of year. I haven't seen the ground for nearly two months here and I thought Colorado winters were harsher than Idaho's. Have appreciated the AWD this year but could have really used more ground clearance.

Anyway, don't mean to take this thread on a tangent. Congratulations again on your new car.
Old 01-22-17, 04:36 AM
yang88she
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats, huge fan of the Atomic Silver, and sorry for your Loss
Old 01-22-17, 08:52 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Sorry for your loss and congrats on your gain. That's one nice ride there.
Old 01-22-17, 10:33 AM
d8168055
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

So, are you gonna change your username now?
Old 01-22-17, 10:56 AM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My condelences for the passing and congratulations on the new purchase. Life is short and unpredictable, so might as well be happy and hopefully you are!
Old 01-22-17, 01:34 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Congrats on your new again NX! I posted my new ownership of my second IS so why not your second NX?
Old 01-22-17, 03:36 PM
NXblue
Rookie

Wink Newer NX F sport

Thanks all for the responses. Appreciate it more than you will probably ever know! What's really ironic, I told my cousin MANY times to take some of his money & go buy a nice
ride. He just wouldn't do it, so I thought I might as well do it for him(At least some of it!!!) I'd love to change my name, but maybe I'll just honor my first NX with the blue vortex
color!
As far as the snow Ward, it had snowed several days sooner, but it always warms up enough to melt it, esp. at this altitude! House driveway is at 6448 FT. elevation....
I LOVE this color. are you sure it shows scratches? It would seem the lighter color wouldn't show them? I will protect her like no others & most of my vehicles are in great
shape when I trade them in! This one my be with me for a long time though! Thanks everyone again!!
Old 01-22-17, 08:32 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Interesting. My driveway is 2800 ft above sea level. Here's what it looks like after about a week of melting with mid 40 degree temps (finally warmed up). This year I guess was our turn for a harsh, cold winter. I'm just happy pavement is showing again... we have had snow cover since Dec 6th.

And yes, the Atomic Silver seems to show scratches in the clear coat more than Matador Red or Nebula Gray - at least in my experience.
Old 01-22-17, 08:53 PM
NXblue
Rookie

MM! Nice ride! Nice color. Wow, it's hard to believe that scratches show worst on the Atomic Silver more than Neb Grey & Mat. Red. I didn't get any chips on my Blue Vortex NX in 13 months, but on little slight scratch / chip just to the left of the left headlight, but very minor. I park in a garage overnight & at work, I park away from almost everyone, so I hope it won't get anything to noticeable!
It looks like you did get a bit of snow there! It's been several weeks since we had that much snow! My sister & BIL live in Idaho, also her son's family is there! That's a big driveway to shovel!.
Old 01-23-17, 07:12 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

I think it's just the way the clear coat reflects scratches on top of the Atomic Silver base. The Atomic Silver is an awesome color but I also understand it is a bear to repaint if the car experiences any damage. Someone on the ES forum stated it is a five stage paint whereas most Lexus paints are a three stage process. I don't have any special expertise with automotive paints, so I can't verify that statement.

It is is below freezing and snowing again here today. Sigh...
Old 01-23-17, 09:06 AM
NXblue
Rookie

Hang in there! I saw that storm going thru there yesterday / today. We're traveling (flying) close to that area & plan on some snow. C/S either gets nothing b/c of the mountains, or we get dumped on b/c of the mountains!
It all depends on which way the winds are bringing in storms!
Old 01-23-17, 05:06 PM
wpath
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you were able to get a new NX, which will give you a fond remembrance every time you drive it. And I love that color; just be careful...
Old 01-23-17, 05:08 PM
LNXT200
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

congrats !! love that color, I'm planing of doing the same at the end of the lease.
Old 01-23-17, 07:02 PM
NXblue
Rookie

Thumbs up Newer NX F sport

Originally Posted by wpath
Glad you were able to get a new NX, which will give you a fond remembrance every time you drive it. And I love that color; just be careful...
Thank you. I LOVE this SUV & the color is so DYNAMIC! I do thank my cousin many times for the help doing this & i'll be very careful w/ the color / SUV! You do the same!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Traded in my Blue NX for..A Nx F sport