Lexus NX 200 windshield issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-16, 08:06 PM
Ashley0917
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus NX 200 windshield issue

Hi everyone,

i just purchased a brand new 2016 Lexus NX F Sport at the end of October. The first time driving it at night (car was delivered during the day) I noticed tons of scratches on the windshield. When the lights from an oncoming vehicle reflect off the windshield the view is distorted creating headaches while driving. I immediately brought it to the attention of the dealer and after having it in on three separate occasions the issue still isn't fixed. I am currently driving a 2017 NX hybrid that also has the same issue, which I told the dealer about. They called me today to say they sold the vehicle I am driving in the interim and they will be bringing me back my car until Lexus comes out with a repair. I filed a formal complaint with Lexus corporate as well. Has anyone else had the same issue? If so, did the dealership repair it and how? Being in the legal field, I am preparing myself for a long battle and am willing to see this through because I did not buy a $46k car to not be able to drive at night.
Old 12-21-16, 10:12 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinhead
yes, but they told me I scratched it myself, refusing to help me in any way. I heard thats that world class Lexus service. This was 2 days after I purchased the car.
Can't help but think that this is a perfect use case for an orbital polisher and some cerium oxide powder...
Old 12-22-16, 05:52 AM
Ashley0917
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had so many scratches there was no way they could blame it on me. The orbital polisher and cerium oxide they claim to have used didn't even help at all.
Old 12-22-16, 09:34 AM
Woodrow
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

yes, but they told me I scratched it myself, refusing to help me in any way. I heard thats that world class Lexus service. This was 2 days after I purchased the car.
You may need a different dealer! I would have a hard time convincing myself to not push that issue. I'd be calling Lexus and making a scene until they decided it was easier to just fix it. It's the principle, to me.
Old 12-22-16, 11:49 AM
jugdish
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Crazy! I just washed my car which is under a month old, and noticed a 14" long vertical scratch on the far driver's side. First time in my life I've ever seen a scratch like that on a windshield! Definitely bringing this to the dealers attention....
Old 12-23-16, 04:18 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

I've purchased some on Amazon as I'm a detailing freak and my cars are immaculate, so I will try this out and add this to my regimen, if I'm bored I'll report back with results. At worst, it'll be good at removing hard water spots at the minimum. Do you have a pad recommendation or any glass polishing pad will work?

I've tried to push the issue with 2 dealers, Newport Lexus and South Bay Lexus, both told me it was my own fault saying I must have scratched it while washing, when it looked like it was scratched in the crescent shape of the windshield wiper, when I've never USED the windshield wiper, because the car was 2 days old. I've also not washed the car yet, the only time it was washed was when they were delivering the car, to me....

That wasn't my only problem with the car that they were unable to resolve, so I've kind of given up. I even escalated it to Lexus of North America, which said they would help, but never ended up following through. Worst treatment I've experienced at 2 different dealerships, which was complete polar opposite to the BMW and Porsche dealerships I've dealt with in the past and currently dealing with.

When I had an alignment pulling issue, Lexus and their head tech accused me of not knowing how an alignment works when I've done my own alignment and on suspension setups that cost more than the NX itself, I had to laugh at that. When he asked what other cars I currently have other than the NX, and me explaining fully that I knew what the caster was doing to the car, he shut up real quick. They ended up fixing it after setting the caster and camber to the exact specs I wanted to correct the pulling issue. That was after they attempted to fix it: 4 times. This was when the car was about 6 months old after they did the 5kmile service with the wheel rotation, which I told them not to do but ended up doing anyways.

More recently, I brought in my Macan in because my steering wheel stitching wasn't perfect. They didn't even ask to see it and said it would be replaced , no questions asked. On top of that, they gave me a limited edition small gift for the trouble. Worlds different experience.
Try Crown Lexus ask for Tony Hang.
Old 12-23-16, 11:47 AM
jugdish
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Oops wrong forum

Last edited by jugdish; 12-26-16 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Wrong forum
Old 12-25-16, 09:30 PM
nickage87
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jugdish
Simple way to tell... pull out the speaker & go for a drive. If rattle is gone, you have your answer. I changed out all of the stock speakers and it should take you no more than 5 minutes to pull that speaker out.
This is interesting approach to removing windshield scratches.