NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

premium triple beam ~ us version f sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-16, 09:51 AM
angelfishn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default premium triple beam ~ us version f sport

hello everyone ... i placed an order yesterday for my f sport yesterday with the premium triple led headlamps. please could you let s know whether the us version is equipped with the auto levelling feature like the canadian f sport version ..have a great weeked everyone .....
​​​​​​​
Old 12-18-16, 03:22 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinhead
It is not auto leveling or auto anything. The only thing auto is on/off. Very disappointing but they are much brighter and much more striking looking than the regular LED headlights. I think it was expensive but money well spent. Biggest disappointment is there is no auto-highbeam nor cornering LEDs (every other car I've had ever, had cornering headlamps) but the beam is wide enough you kind of don't need it....until you get into a car that has cornering headlights, then you miss it again. Bottom line, its good enough that I don't complain. Could it be better? Yes the lights on my Macan trashes all over it, but the triple beam it is very good on its own and a nice upgrade from the base LED and ignorance is bliss. 8/10 cool factor, brightness.
Don't your fog lamps act as cornering lamps? When I turn on the signals, or when I turn my steering to a side, that side's fog lamp lights up the corner. It's a separate emitter than the usual one that lights up when I turn on the fog lamps manually, but they are all in the same housing.
Old 12-19-16, 05:01 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Right those are "turning assist" lights but thats only at low speed under 8mph or something like that, completely separate and also every car Ive had, have had it. I'm talking about swiveling cornering lights where the main beam turns as you turn the steering wheel at higher speeds. Again its one of those things you miss only when you've had it and then not have it back to back. Its quite jarring to be driving another car with adaptive LED headlights then going back to a Lexus non-adaptive LED headlight, takes a bit to get used to but once you do they're fine.
Ah, the adaptive turning lights. Gotcha.
Old 12-21-16, 08:44 PM
CebsJr
Driver School Candidate

It is not auto leveling or auto anything. The only thing auto is on/off. Very disappointing but they are much brighter and much more striking looking than the regular LED headlights. I think it was expensive but money well spent. Biggest disappointment is there is no auto-highbeam nor cornering LEDs (every other car I've had ever, had cornering headlamps) but the beam is wide enough you kind of don't need it....until you get into a car that has cornering headlights, then you miss it again. Bottom line, its good enough that I don't complain. Could it be better? Yes the lights on my Macan trashes all over it, but the triple beam it is very good on its own and a nice upgrade from the base LED and ignorance is bliss. 8/10 cool factor, brightness.
They're auto leveling. You can see it happen if your stopped on a sort of incline. Nice if your back end is weighed down and your lights aren't pointed upwards just enough to blind people as the triple LEDs are bright.
​​​​​​
Old 12-22-16, 02:20 PM
nickhaaa
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't been able to notice any type of auto-leveling that happens.
Old 12-22-16, 02:59 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My previous vehicle was a Volvo with auto levelling lights and you could see them adjust at every start up, as in Canada Volvo lights are always on. Have not noticed anything similar with my Lexus LEDs.
Old 12-23-16, 01:39 PM
angelfishn
Driver School Candidate

Many thanks "Pinhead" for your original reply. I was just informed by the Lexus Salesperson that they can't do the Lane Departure Alert and Automatic High Beam features on my F-Sport order. Now, this really sucks as the "the Lexus Dealer Order system" does not allow them to select this feature.

In addition, I was looking further at an overseas Lexus site and the NX comes with the auto-levelling triple beam headlamps.

In summary, I am at a loss as to whey these feaures are "missing" for the US market. So weird .. So strange ... Illogical business sense ..
Old 12-26-16, 05:58 AM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

The LEDs do self level. They don't do a startup self-level test when they turn on, however when I park in my driveway with the back sloping downwards and the car pointing slightly up on an incline, the cut-off levels down.

The self-levelling is pretty non-noticible unless the car angle changes while facing a wall where you can see the cut-off.

Of course I am in Australia where self-levelling is mandatory here, I'm assuming the US cars will have it too,