NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

2015 NX200t with Viper remote starter

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-16, 11:51 AM
tommytqt
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2015 NX200t with Viper remote starter

Hi, i would like to share this with everyone. After 1 year Lexus Enform trial ended, i have been really looking for the way to remote start my car again. It is the only feature i wanted in the "whole Enform subscription" which cost almost $300/year.
Finally i decided to go with Viper remote starter which will cost me once. I had the options to start my car using the Lexus keyfob (press lock 3 times) or carry an extra Viper keyfob.
I decided to have the extra keyfob due to the better range and functionality. Also, the 3 presses start feature doesn't tell your car actually starts or not. Last couple times, i thought it started but when i came out, nothing happened.
Viper 5706v comes with 1- 2 way LCD remote and 1-1 way remote.
So remote start only works on viper key fob. I asked for both viper and lexus but the guy said "one at a time". Viper keyfob will be better in range and functionality but bulky to carry 2 key fobs.

At first i was concern about lock and unlock with the 2 systems. I am afraid if i unlock the car by touching the handle, the car will sound due to the Viper alarm hasn't disabled.
However, both systems worked well together now. i can use either ways, either key fobs to lock or unlock my car without any problems. Again, remote start only on works Viper Keyfob.

Functionality:
1. Backlit with different colors to choose, easy to see at night.
2. Keypad lock feature.
3. Silent lock or unlock.
4. 20 mins start time, can be reset, shut off the engine at any time.
5. Check temp in the car.
6. Long range.
7. Vibration if it has message or alert.
8. Control 2 cars with same fob.
9. Micro USB battery rechargeable
10. Turn on defrost during the remote start (haven't tested yet)

So far i am very happy with it. Summer time, i may just only carry the Lexus keyfob cause i won't need the remote start.
By the way, it took the guy a while to request the "unlock code" (don't know what it is) to unlock my system so he could install the viper system into it. He said since i registered and trialed with Enform, Lexus sent out the "lock code" to lock my system after the subscription ended.

Link is for the picture only. I didn't get it done at Bestbuy.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/viper-re...=1219057463066

Last edited by tommytqt; 12-23-16 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-17-16, 11:37 AM
Joelinnh
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tommytqt
Hi, i would like to share this with everyone. After 1 year Lexus Enform trial ended, i has been really looking for the way to remote start my car again. It is the only feature i wanted in the "whole Enform subscription" which cost almost $300/year.
Finally i decided to go with Viper remote starter which will cost me once. I had the options to start my car using the Lexus keyfob (press lock 3 times) or carry an extra Viper keyfob.
I decided to have the extra keyfob due to the better range and functionality. Also, the 3 presses doesn't tell your car actually starts or not. Last couple times, i thought it started but when i came out, nothing happened.
So remote start only works on viper key fob. I asked for both viper and lexus but the guy said "one at a time". Viper keyfob will be better in range and functionality but bulky to carry 2 key fobs.

At first i was concern about lock and unlock with the 2 systems. I am afraid if i unlock the car by touching the handle, the car will sound due to the Viper alarm hasn't disabled.
However, both systems worked well together now. i can use either ways, either key fobs to lock or unlock my car without any problems. Again, remote start only on Viper Keyfob.

Functionality:
2. Keypad lock feature.
6. Long range.

So far i am very happy with it. Summer time, i may just only carry the Lexus keyfob cause i won't need the remote start.
By the way, it took the guy a while to request the "unlock code" (don't know what it is) to unlock my system so he could install the viper system into it. He said since i registered and trialed with Enform, Lexus sent out the "lock code" to lock my system after the subscription ended.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/viper-re...=1219057463066

my 12 months is closly coming to an end. This was a great write up. I will most likely go to Manchester store to installer how has done my raider detected dash cam and starter on other cars. Thanks
Old 06-21-17, 08:29 PM
wu01ok
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I also wanting a aftermarket remote start for my nx but my installer said I won't be able to use my oem fob once I activate remote or unlock the door with the oem fob. Are you saying you can use either remote to start car and open or unlock the Lexus with your oem fob?

QUOTE=tommytqt;9709144]Hi, i would like to share this with everyone. After 1 year Lexus Enform trial ended, i have been really looking for the way to remote start my car again. It is the only feature i wanted in the "whole Enform subscription" which cost almost $300/year.
I decided to have the extra keyfob due to the better range and functionality. Also, the 3 presses start feature doesn't tell your car actually starts or not. Last couple times, i thought it started but when i came out, nothing happened.

However, both systems worked well together now. i can use either ways, either key fobs to lock or unlock my car without any problems. Again, remote start only on works Viper Keyfob.

Functionality:
2. Keypad lock feature.
6. Long range.

Link is for the picture only. I didn't get it done at Bestbuy.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/viper-re...=1219057463066[/QUOTE]
Old 07-09-17, 07:20 AM
CebsJr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also wanting a aftermarket remote start for my nx but my installer said I won't be able to use my oem fob once I activate remote or unlock the door with the oem fob. Are you saying you can use either remote to start car and open or unlock the Lexus with your oem fob?

I'm not sure why they said that to you, I had my dealer install a compustar/drone mobile combo because I wanted smart phone functionality, and it works flawlessly. I don't carry the compustar remote as I prefer less danglys. It stays at home, I either use the fob physical key, passive, or my smart phone. Drone to remote start, OEM fob to unlock etc etc

I have even instructed my dealer to use the hold unlock to open all windows feature with the OEM fob. Your installers are either lazy or the specific product you inquired about sucks.

Last edited by CebsJr; 07-09-17 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Quote feature didn't work as intended.
Old 07-09-17, 07:59 AM
wu01ok
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good to know. Thanks for your reply.

Originally Posted by CebsJr

I'm not sure why they said that to you, I had my dealer install a compustar/drone mobile combo because I wanted smart phone functionality, and it works flawlessly. I don't carry the compustar remote as I prefer less danglys. It stays at home, I either use the fob physical key, passive, or my smart phone. Drone to remote start, OEM fob to unlock etc etc

I have even instructed my dealer to use the hold unlock to open all windows feature with the OEM fob. Your installers are either lazy or the specific product you inquired about sucks.
Old 05-16-20, 04:17 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

so one of the biggest pet peeves i have had is no Eyeglass or Sunglasses storage in the headliner like seriously what the heck where they thinking when they decided this?

a new pet peeve is that fact that knowing in 2022 September we will not have option for even the app based remote start anymore we wont have access to perform remote services or destination assist because at least in my 2016 and any of the cars that use 3G for the communication devices will be shut off in September 2022 since the services provider will not be serving 3G anymore so that is a big pet peeve that's going to cost me like 30k to find another used one probably the summer just before they do that.
Old 05-17-20, 04:05 PM
Jerry19NX
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
so one of the biggest pet peeves i have had is no Eyeglass or Sunglasses storage in the headliner like seriously what the heck where they thinking when they decided this?

a new pet peeve is that fact that knowing in 2022 September we will not have option for even the app based remote start anymore we wont have access to perform remote services or destination assist because at least in my 2016 and any of the cars that use 3G for the communication devices will be shut off in September 2022 since the services provider will not be serving 3G anymore so that is a big pet peeve that's going to cost me like 30k to find another used one probably the summer just before they do that.
Sunglasses are held under the mirror on the center console, my large Oakley sunglasses fit perfect.