Recent purchase/introduction

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-16, 03:26 PM
Flexin5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recent purchase/introduction

how's it going club lexus?

well I didn't buy a lexus but after a long mind bending decision on what car was suitable for my mom after her 2005 rav 4 was getting dated, my brother and I decided to get her a new 2016 Lexus NX200T F-sport series 3, black on black. it's a really nice car/truck what have you, suits her well for a 5 foot nothing lady lol. we are still teaching her all of the tech that comes with it since the rav 4 had nothing but she is enjoying the car very much so far. We went from BMW (X1M) to benz, to acura (RDX), audi etc but the NX won in the end.

my brother and I (mainly me) are the ones who maintain and drive it the most, her 05 rav 4 we sold with only 70,000kms on the odometer and most of that were put on by my brother and I lol.

one question i had for you guys, we got a blind spot monitoring error, i should note that the car was sitting on the stock factory wheels and tires. a week later, i slapped on a brand new set of aftermarket wheels (aluminum wheels not steel wheels), brand new winter tires, and I went to Lexus and purchased 4 OEM TPMS sensors.

i own a 2015 Acura Tlx tech lowered on 20's, and did the same thing, put winter tires on my stock wheels and bought oem TPMS sensors, with the TLX they are self learning so i didn't need to get them programmed. I decided to kill two birds with one stone and take the Lexus back to the dealership to get the blind spot monitors fixed, and also i was told that the snow wheels/tires need to be programmed ONE time, and then you can hit a button and it switches to the corresponding set. well now they are telling me that:

1) there's a number on the TPMS sensors that i should have written down (i wish they told me this when i bought them, not after i got them installed) and it costs an additional $80 to retrieve these codes; and then another $110 approx to program the wheels to the car. - according to lexus, our 2016 doesn't have some kind of button under the dash and i will have to bring the car back for the rims to be re-programmed every time i change wheels however; i won't be charged to retrieve the codes once i pay for that one time on each set; they also don't have the codes for my OEM set aswell...which i find odd.

2) i was told that aftermarket wheels screw with the blind spot indicators and another system i can't remember. the dealership is trying to blame it on the aftermarket wheels, however i keep telling them that it happened a week prior when the factory wheels were on. i'm going to be pretty pissed if i have to put back on the summer wheels just to get this fixed but is all of this true? you can't even put aftermarket wheels on this thing?

i'm not crazy with the service that i'm getting at the dealership we bought it from. I run my own mobile detailing service here in Toronto and when we picked up the car there was buffer trails all over the car. when i took it back they tried to play it off like it was just regular swirl marks on a black car, then when i asked the service guy to bring the body shop guy out and i'll explain what buffer trails are to him, he asked me what i charge to polish a car and gave me a dealership credit to use; so in spring i'm going to do a full 3 step paint correction to this thing.

thanks for the help, and here's a pic just cause lol

Name:  DSC_0154_zpspjawx6ss.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  205.9 KB

P.S if anyone has a LHD red on black hardtop MR2 turbo i'm looking for one - my dream car lol

Last edited by Flexin5; 12-05-16 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-05-16, 05:10 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Most tire shops can reset your TPMS when the wheel change is done. Mine charges $40 each time total. Toyota vehicles can't learn more than one set at a time unfortunately. So yes, that cost will reoccur twice a year.