NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

missing features

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-16, 03:49 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default missing features

may have to get an suv or small crossover and interested in the nx. particularly the f-sport. no leather, no ventilated seats, no levinson stereo even as an option? thats insane. and adding insult to injury was looking at video reviews and you can get the ventilated seats in.... SOUTH AFRICA? the coup de grace, no android auto in the 2017 version either? with that sad yestertech in the nx is anyone else disappointed? probably heading to the new Q5 in the spring instead which has all the tech options including 360 degree cam. incredible a 48k vehicle lacks such features.
Old 11-23-16, 10:04 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by OneOfOne
... was looking at video reviews and you can get the ventilated seats in.... SOUTH AFRICA?
My 2015 NX 200t has ventilated seats (both heating and cooling).
Old 11-23-16, 10:17 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NXOwner
My 2015 NX 200t has ventilated seats (both heating and cooling).
is your car an F-sport? didnt think so
Old 11-23-16, 10:20 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Pinhead
whoah watch out...
prepare for people to tell you that your german car is inferior and they rather drive their car than live at the service of the dealership
that would have been exactly what I said 12 years ago when I had an LS 430 ultra and laughed at all the S classes I saw at the benz dealers needing repairs then. but I'll be the one laughing now if anyone says that since Audi has finally cracked the top 10 in reliability. its a fantastic car but Im not going to say its equal to lexus in reliability. it will smoke any non v8 IS though easily.
Old 11-23-16, 11:38 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Not disappointed at all in my 2015 NX 200t Luxury. My NX has leather, wood, ventilated seats, pre collision, lane keep assist, triple beam headlights, auto high beams...etc. I'd rather have the Luxury and tech options rather than the F sport bumper, G meter, and sport + setting. Does the F sport go faster on or off a track? Mark Levinson and 360 degree camera would be nice...I enjoy it in my LX. Is the new Q5 going to be made in Mexico?

Last edited by Frog98; 11-24-16 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-24-16, 09:04 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinhead
whoah watch out...
prepare for people to tell you that your german car is inferior and they rather drive their car than live at the service of the dealership
Really! Are you saying we shouldn't share our experiences? Perhaps you don't believe in publications like Consumer Reports or JD Powers, or the past experience of other members here.

Anyway, back to the point. The configurations of the NX, particularly in the US are very disappointing. Even Canada gets HUD for example. Other markets get folding mirrors and more attractive grills and 360 degree cameras. My perception is that Lexus doesn't want to offer the same content level as the RX because they don't want it to draw sales away from that model.

Now as to the Audi, I think they are great cars. Very solid and quiet. I owned one for seven years and really liked many aspects of it. For the record, I maintain all receipts in a file for each car. When I sold my Audi, I had more money in receipts than the purchase price of the car - and my dad was a mechanic and did much of the work for me (I got really good with water pumps though). So if you are considering a lease or sell your cars after 4 or 5 years, then I would strongly consider the Audi. If you are looking at longer ownership, I would just be prepared for a higher cost of ownership than many other brands.

I do happen to value the experiences of others and I typically follow consumer reports as that publication bases it's ratings on experiences of actual owners. At the end of the day, there is nothing wrong with buying from the heart rather than the brain, just recognize there may be different costs associated with each option - but then isn't that always the case?
Old 11-24-16, 10:21 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I have to agree with the OP that it's disappointing the way Lexus red lines certain features and options depending on what country you live in. I think the decision to not adopt Apple car play and Android auto will hurt them.. They are marketing the NX for the younger crowd which will want those.

As far as ventilated seats go I think they are totally useless. I can't even tell when they are on or off. And in Florida I have never needed to turn on the heated seats. Totally wasted option given without a choice.

Canada gets HUD, the US no, one option I would like to have among others.
Old 11-24-16, 11:22 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

I agree with Rogerh00 and the disappointment expressed with the options. However, I disagree with the observation about being able to "tell if they are even on or off". When they are on, I can hear a fan. When they are off, the fan noise goes away. We don't even bother with them as the benefit isn't worth the extra noise.
Old 11-24-16, 11:33 AM
NXOwner
Racer

When you order take-out food (e.g. pizza), you can place it in the passenger seat and keep it warm until you get home.
Old 11-24-16, 11:35 AM
NXOwner
Racer

One thing I don't like about Audi is it's a Volkswagen. I know Lexus is Toyota and that's a great thing!

Also, Lexus has traditionally held its value better than most consumer luxury cars.
Old 11-25-16, 06:22 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
...As far as ventilated seats go I think they are totally useless. I can't even tell when they are on or off. And in Florida I have never needed to turn on the heated seats. Totally wasted option given without a choice.
I have to disagree with this, as I can definitely tell when I turn my ventilated seats on and I'm glad I paid for the option!
Old 11-25-16, 07:38 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by NXOwner
One thing I don't like about Audi is it's a Volkswagen. I know Lexus is Toyota and that's a great thing!

Also, Lexus has traditionally held its value better than most consumer luxury cars.
Wouldn't VW/Audi also be Porsche, Bentley, Bugatti and Lamborghini?
Old 11-25-16, 12:00 PM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by OneOfOne
may have to get an suv or small crossover and interested in the nx. particularly the f-sport. no leather, no ventilated seats, no levinson stereo even as an option? thats insane. and adding insult to injury was looking at video reviews and you can get the ventilated seats in.... SOUTH AFRICA? the coup de grace, no android auto in the 2017 version either? with that sad yestertech in the nx is anyone else disappointed? probably heading to the new Q5 in the spring instead which has all the tech options including 360 degree cam. incredible a 48k vehicle lacks such features.
Cool story. You go get yourself that Q5 in Spring! With that said, from your post, you obviously don't like the NX, so why would you even mention you're interested? Q5 it is.
Old 11-25-16, 03:28 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've posted many times about my disappointment about the features left off the North American version of the car.

I think they made this choice because they did not want to cannibalize RX sales.

It's the reason I'm looking at the Jaguar F Pace as my next car.
Old 12-18-16, 11:59 AM
chuckNX
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by tresmith00
I've posted many times about my disappointment about the features left off the North American version of the car.

I think they made this choice because they did not want to cannibalize RX sales.

It's the reason I'm looking at the Jaguar F Pace as my next car.
Impacting RX sales could be one reason. Another is would people really pay for all these options and run the MSRP up to $60-$70k? I think most buyers would go for the RX or an X5 in that price range.

It is much like over building your home in your neighborhood.

Quick Reply: missing features