Lexus plus upfront pricing

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-16, 11:14 AM
mk999
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus plus upfront pricing

Hi, Guys,

I plan to buy a NX for my wife and now have a problem about the price.
There are only two Lexus dealers within 50 miles of my place and both of them participate in the program called “LEXUS PLUS”. Basically the dealers give the upfront pricing and no negotiation needed. However, I find their “upfront pricing” very high. There is about 1k to 2k discount on 2016 models and only less than 1k discount on 2017 models.

So my question is , are these “upfront pricing” really non-negotiable?

Any advise is appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 11-17-16, 05:14 PM
jugdish
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

everything is negotiable.... If you give them a solid offer, they are going to negotiate.
Old 11-17-16, 05:59 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

i was at a Lexus plus dealer few weeks back test driving GS. (Mission Viejo). Interesting layout in show room with each car having a digital display post with reduced price.
Cars on the lot each had a digital sign hanging on the window with actual price. Less popular models had largest discount.
Old 11-17-16, 06:32 PM
mk999
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jugdish
everything is negotiable.... If you give them a solid offer, they are going to negotiate.
Hi, jugdish

Thank you for the reply. That's what I thought. Guess I need to actually go to the dealership instead of just sending emails....
Old 11-17-16, 07:14 PM
mk999
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kent2174
i was at a Lexus plus dealer few weeks back test driving GS. (Mission Viejo). Interesting layout in show room with each car having a digital display post with reduced price.
Cars on the lot each had a digital sign hanging on the window with actual price. Less popular models had largest discount.
At my local dealers, even the largest discount is not actually very large.....
Old 11-17-16, 09:45 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by jugdish
You might think that...but these Lexus Plus dealers will stick to their prices. They will let you walk since that's what they are instructed. When there are several normal Lexus dealers surrounding the Lexus Plus dealers, they can't compete and they lose a lot of sales.

To the OP, consider shopping outside your county and state. It'll probably worth the drive and time with the amount you save.
Old 11-18-16, 07:39 AM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Or...maybe wait until their "December to Remember" sale... ?
Old 11-18-16, 07:48 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by 4482
Or...maybe wait until their "December to Remember" sale... ?
That started already a few weeks ago. I took advantage of December to Remember last Sunday.
Old 11-18-16, 07:37 PM
mk999
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dchar
You might think that...but these Lexus Plus dealers will stick to their prices. They will let you walk since that's what they are instructed. When there are several normal Lexus dealers surrounding the Lexus Plus dealers, they can't compete and they lose a lot of sales.

To the OP, consider shopping outside your county and state. It'll probably worth the drive and time with the amount you save.
Thanks for the advise. Guess my local dealers have every reason to stick to their price, since they are the only two Lexus dealers around and both are LEXUS PLUS dealers.....
Old 11-19-16, 08:41 AM
jugdish
Intermediate

Interestingly.... I just found out that Lexus plus is still in the trial stage, and dealers that are participating have no room whatsoever to negotiate. The prices are set by Lexus based on geographic location and local market conditions. That being said, I'd search out a dealer that doesn't participate in Lexus plus pricing....
Old 11-29-16, 06:31 AM
MichaelPea
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm assuming you are in the Pittsburgh market area and so am I. My experience with one of the dealerships was that they will not negotiate. They absolutely stuck to their guns and wouldn't budge on the price or the trade offer on my current RX450. I have bought several Lexus at that particular store and since the shift in their marketing, almost everyone I had worked with before is now gone. Now I don't think the purge was necessarily the cause of the exodus since their management also changed but i'm sure there is some cause and effect in play. Long story short, I've bought two Lexus in the last year or so. One was bought in Maryland and the other was purchased in Illinois. I'm not really a fan of Lexus Plus since it appears to me that the Plus part of the marketing push for Lexus Plus is the dealerships bottom line.
Old 11-29-16, 05:09 PM
jugdish
Intermediate

Well..... It turns out, when push comes to shove, my local dealer that has Lexus Plus pricing WILL negotiate. I threatened to walk over pricing from another dealer that was over 150 miles away, and my local dealer came down $1000 from the Lexus Plus price on the NX. I walked away paying $41k for a 2017 NX that had a sticker of $44,600. I guess it comes down to how badly the dealer wants to close a deal.
Old 01-03-17, 08:05 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Both dealers in my entire state are Lexus Plus and they will NOT negotiate. We have bought about 8 from them (5 for my own) and the price they post is the price they sell. The closest dealer is about 3.5 hours away.....

BUT...BUT...BUT...talk to the sale manager for Lexus coupons..They call certificates. Each dealer can use up to five $500 certificates per month and they can use up to $1000 for each customer.
Old 01-03-17, 08:55 AM
LittleLexu
Driver School Candidate

Thankfully my Lexus dealer is not part of this upfront pricing. I just purchased 2017 NX MSRP $38,708 for $34,000 on 12/31/16.
Old 02-04-17, 08:03 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 409 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by MichaelPea
I'm assuming you are in the Pittsburgh market area and so am I. My experience with one of the dealerships was that they will not negotiate. They absolutely stuck to their guns and wouldn't budge on the price or the trade offer on my current RX450. I have bought several Lexus at that particular store and since the shift in their marketing, almost everyone I had worked with before is now gone. Now I don't think the purge was necessarily the cause of the exodus since their management also changed but i'm sure there is some cause and effect in play. Long story short, I've bought two Lexus in the last year or so. One was bought in Maryland and the other was purchased in Illinois. I'm not really a fan of Lexus Plus since it appears to me that the Plus part of the marketing push for Lexus Plus is the dealerships bottom line.
I also am a Pittsburgher and just experienced insult from our local dealer. I did buy a 2017 RX and got my price, but that was only after the nastiest car negotiation that I've ever experienced. And I've been responsible for 30 cars being purchased from this dealer, about half by me. And one new car per year for the past 4 years in a row. I love my new RX but I am bitter about the experience and wrote to the owner and will give them bad marks on the survey. The more I think about it, the more sorry I am that I gave them my business. I trade every year. So dealing out of town is a hassle. But this is my last car from them. I'll spend a day working the Cleveland area dealers about 2 hours away. Or go to the DC area. Or drive a Ford. Not quite the same level as Lexus, but there are plenty of dealers and their leases are good and protect against their huge depreciation. Anyway, unless I get a personal apology, etc., which is unlikely, I'm done with the monopoly Pittsburgh dealers. The fact that I was a loyal customer for 28 years meant zero. I even called Lexus corporate and got a low level "operator" who parroted some script about how the dealers are independent businesses and they can't do anything about it. Lexus is going to destroy the goodwill they've built. What SHOULD have happened was some sort of quiet, secret way of treating loyal customers better.

Last edited by daryll40; 02-04-17 at 08:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexus plus upfront pricing