NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus plus upfront pricing

Old 02-05-17, 10:24 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Unfortunately, they can only do this if they feel they have a captive audience. There are plenty of other good brands and we very nearly purchased an RDX when we bought our NX. If our local dealer goes to this pricing model, I really doubt I would go back to them thanks to those other good choices. The nearest alternate Lexus dealer is over 400 miles away so that isn't a great option, but I don't think I would want to give the manufacturer my business by merely going to another dealer anyway. Again, there are other strong choices and I refuse to be held hostage by any particular brand.
Old 02-06-17, 09:07 AM
Woodrow
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by daryll40
.... I love my new RX but I am bitter about the experience and wrote to the owner and will give them bad marks on the survey. The more I think about it, the more sorry I am that I gave them my business. I trade every year.

..... The fact that I was a loyal customer for 28 years meant zero.

..... I even called Lexus corporate and got a low level "operator" who parroted some script about how the dealers are independent businesses and they can't do anything about it. Lexus is going to destroy the goodwill they've built.
I have to say that I'm in the same boat. I haven't been a Lexus customer as long, but I've bought 6 cars in 6 years, plus another for my mom a couple of years earlier. It means nothing to Lexus OR the dealership. I also love the cars (well, except for the CT200 mistake), and except for the outrages pricing, I like the service departments, I have to keep reminding myself that in the end ..... they're car dealers, and they are often slimy. I make the mistake of thinking that even though they sell great cars to higher end customers, they still play the sales games, and try to rip you off in the finance dept. They have little or no respect for most people. The thing is, if these practices didn't work, they wouldn't use them. It's very disappointing,

I have stopped negotiating with them. I decide what I want to buy and what I'll pay for it before I ever go to the dealership. By the time I arrive, I know more about the car than the sales staff, and just want to make sure it meets expectations. I simply tell them to give me their best price. If it's what I've decided what the car is worth to me (or less), I'll buy it. If not, I'll go home. No second chances, and most of all, no "let me get the sales manager". I have no issues letting them make a profit! They ARE a business, they have expenses, and they're there to make money. All I ask is that I'm treated with respect, and that I don't have to take a shower when I get home to remove the slime. I've tried both dealers in the Denver area, and I'll not buy another Lexus in Denver. It take the fun out of having a new car.

Lexus corp is not helpful, They just say that the dealerships are independent businesses, and Lexus doesn't determine their policies. I find it impossible to believe that if they really cared about the buying experience, they couldn't exercise tremendous influence. They just choose to ignore it as long as they get their money. They should remember that now more than ever, there are a lot of quality alternatives,

Last edited by Woodrow; 02-06-17 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-06-17, 09:21 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 408 Likes on 282 Posts

Yep. Next time I will find the "fair market value" of my trade via Edmunds.com and KBB, find what others are getting off the new cars here on ClubLexus in areas where the dealers truly have to compete, add the sales tax to the difference and write a check for that amount. The LEXUS PLUS dealer here can take it or leave it and I'll be serious about it. Even then I'm probably paying too much.
Old 03-16-17, 12:47 PM
lexusimon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Woodrow
I have to say that I'm in the same boat. I haven't been a Lexus customer as long, but I've bought 6 cars in 6 years, plus another for my mom a couple of years earlier. It means nothing to Lexus OR the dealership. I also love the cars (well, except for the CT200 mistake), and except for the outrages pricing, I like the service departments, I have to keep reminding myself that in the end .....they're car dealers, and they are often slimy. I make the mistake of thinking that even though they sell great cars to higher end customers, they still play the sales games, and try to rip you off in the finance dept. They have little or no respect for most people. The thing is, if these practices didn't work, they wouldn't use them. It's very disappointing,

I have stopped negotiating with them. I decide what I want to buy and what I'll pay for it before I ever go to the dealership. By the time I arrive, I know more about the car than the sales staff, and just want to make sure it meets expectations. I simply tell them to give me their best price. If it's what I've decided what the car is worth to me (or less), I'll buy it. If not, I'll go home. No second chances, and most of all, no "let me get the sales manager". I have no issues letting them make a profit! They ARE a business, they have expenses, and they're there to make money. All I ask is that I'm treated with respect, and that I don't have to take a shower when I get home to remove the slime. I've tried both dealers in the Denver area, and I'll not buy another Lexus in Denver. It take the fun out of having a new car.

Lexus corp is not helpful, They just say that the dealerships are independent businesses, and Lexus doesn't determine their policies. I find it impossible to believe that if they really cared about the buying experience, they couldn't exercise tremendous influence. They just choose to ignore it as long as they get their money. They should remember that now more than ever, there are a lot of quality alternatives,
This is exactly the feeling of every car buying experience I've had.
Old 03-17-17, 03:48 PM
lavangbay
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kent2174
i was at a Lexus plus dealer few weeks back test driving GS. (Mission Viejo). Interesting layout in show room with each car having a digital display post with reduced price.
Cars on the lot each had a digital sign hanging on the window with actual price. Less popular models had largest discount.
Bought my NX 200t there with Matthew Molus, ask for him, he's the internet sale manager. He hooked me up with a great deal.