NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

2017 NX 200t - What should I look for upon Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-16, 11:47 PM
Jimsathome
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool 2017 NX 200t - What should I look for upon Delivery?

Hi Folks,

This is my first post here as I just put a deposit on a 2017 NX 200t for my wife. It should be ready for delivery on or before November 25th.

What should I look for upon Delivery? Are there any things I should be cautious about?

Your comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jim
Old 11-17-16, 12:10 AM
Jimsathome
Driver

Thanks for the quick post Pinhead, but do you have anything I should be looking for early on ?

Regards,

Jim
Old 11-17-16, 05:09 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Congrats Jim. I have the hybrid model, which does not have a turbo. With that said, I can't really think of anything that would be different from any other car. The one mistake we made was taking delivery after dark so we couldn't see the complimentary water spots left by the crew they had washing down cars for the three months they had possession of it

Aside from any potential cosmetic blemishes, I'm not sure what you are looking for here. The owner's manual has a section on break-in I believe, although I understand the break-in requirements are very minimal on today's generation of cars.

We have purchased several new Lexus autos over the past twelve years and they are no different from any other brand in terms of new car delivery. If you have any specific concerns, please articulate those so that we can directly address them.
Old 11-17-16, 07:30 AM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Match the VIN. Make sure everything is clean and they prepped it nice for you. No visible damage, do a walk around. Make sure you got all the features/options you paid for in the V-Spec list.

Notice any rattles and stuff and make a note of it for your schedule maintenance. Congrats and embrace the new car smell.
Old 11-17-16, 08:15 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

check your garage height and set the hatch door opening height so it doesn't hit anything (assuming you have a power lift hatch)
Old 11-17-16, 10:34 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

If you have the package that includes cargo net, make sure you get one

Dealer forgot mine and pulled it off another NX.
Old 11-17-16, 04:47 PM
Jimsathome
Driver

Cool

Thanks Folks. My Wife & I have never owned a Lexus before. She will be the daily driver while I'll get to take it for / do maintenance it requires. (Just like she did with her Cooper S)

I've also got to figure out snow tires for it soon - just in case it snows here this year.
Old 11-17-16, 05:12 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimsathome
Thanks Folks. My Wife & I have never owned a Lexus before. She will be the daily driver while I'll get to take it for / do maintenance it requires.
Sounds a bit like our first Lexus. I got to drive it to the car wash. She eventually let me drive it on a road trip. I've fooled her now - we both have a Lexus. In reality we usually carpool to work so she still drives on weekdays and drops me off as she passes my office, then I tend to drive on weekends.
Old 11-17-16, 06:11 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks Folks. My Wife & I have never owned a Lexus before. She will be the daily driver while I'll get to take it for / do maintenance it requires. (Just like she did with her Cooper S)

I've also got to figure out snow tires for it soon - just in case it snows here this year.
I have the Michelin Xi3's, they have been excellent and surprisingly quiet.
Old 11-17-16, 10:07 PM
Jimsathome
Driver

Cool

Originally Posted by batchelor
I have the Michelin Xi3's, they have been excellent and surprisingly quiet.
Did you happen to get them from Costco?
Old 11-18-16, 07:51 AM
batchelor
Pole Position

Did you happen to get them from Costco?
No, I got them from a Lexus dealer with the original factory wheels and TPMS. I was fortunate to pick up a great deal, but Kal Tire also carries them.
Old 11-18-16, 03:25 PM
Jimsathome
Driver

Cool

No, I got them from a Lexus dealer with the original factory wheels and TPMS. I was fortunate to pick up a great deal, but Kal Tire also carries them.
Okay, I'll bite. What's a great deal?
Old 11-18-16, 10:24 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

I paid $1800 CDN, for factory wheels with TPMS and the Michelin Xi3's.
Old 11-18-16, 11:11 PM
Jimsathome
Driver

Cool

I paid $1800 CDN, for factory wheels with TPMS and the Michelin Xi3's.
Thanks for the info.
Old 11-19-16, 08:48 AM
Jimsathome
Driver

Cool Background Story...

We originally went to the local Open Road Lexus Dealer (Port Moody) and test drove a similar NX (different color and one level down from what my Misses wanted) as they didn't have a 2017 NX-200t in Atomic Silver with the Premium Package. They wanted to up-sell us to the Executive level NX they had in stock, but wouldn't budge off the List Price, and wouldn't get one like my Misses wanted until January 2017. So I looked around on the Web and found the other two Lexus Dealers (there are only 3 in Vancouver as Open Road has 2 Lexus Lots) who listed her exact Vehicle. Both gave me firm bids off List Price with delivery within a week to 10 days. (Both of them said the NX-200t was in the "Lexus Pool" on Annacis Island in Delta.)

Even though I made Open Road aware of this car, they wouldn't quote us on it. (They are less than 10 minutes from my house, and I told them we were planning to service the vehicle there.) My wife & I got annoyed with their attitude as the $2800 premium was for stuff she mostly wouldn't use / didn't like. Open Road attitude was take or leave it; and didn't seem to care we'd bought both of our last two vehicles from them, and serviced the Cooper exclusively with them since new. (Oil Changes, Snow Tires & Rims, Brakes, everything except a Battery which I put in last year.) They own multiple OEM lots in Metro Vancouver - Lexus, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai, Mini, BMW, Land Rover, Porsche, etc., and say they treat you like Family... We certainly don't treat our family this way...

I'm going to look around for the snow tires & rims today, because the Regency Lexus (where we are buying the NX) yesterday said the NX-200t was still in the "Lexus Pool" on Annacis Island in Delta, and won't be available until mid week. According to the Web, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics Global operates one of Canada’s premier vehicle processing terminals, employing approximately 300 union and exempt staff. Located on Annacis Island, they receive, accessorize and distribute new vehicles from a wide range of manufacturers to locations throughout Canada. So until they finish processing the NX, we'll have to be patient.

Weather in Metro Vancouver often never has snow in the winter (It's up in the local Ski mountains where it belongs), but as I travel for business at times, that's when it seems to always hit. So we buy Snow Tires & Rims for every car, which I change out in the garage every spring / late fall. Most of the rest of the maintenance I leave to others. We also have a family Cabin on Paul Lake (near Kamloops) and sometimes I travel the Coquihalla Highway ( http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...way-thru-hell/ ) in winter. My wife wants to drive the NX there for New Years this year =>so new snowies are a must.

Quick Reply: 2017 NX 200t - What should I look for upon Delivery?