NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

2017 NX 200t - What should I look for upon Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-16, 04:22 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Great to hear, I am sure you will feel more secure as this cold weather continues. I'm spending my Christmas in Van and the weather won't be what I had hoped for. ��
Old 12-17-16, 06:45 PM
Jimsathome
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My Misses loves the car. My Test Drive with the snow tires was the first time she let me drive it. But she'll feel more secure with them. We are supposed to get a big dump of snow overnight, but it's supposed to be 8°C and raining on Monday. So if that's what you meant, I sympathise.
Old 12-18-16, 01:05 AM
Jimsathome
Driver

Me, I'd rather leave the snow for the mountains where it belongs. I vote for rain any day over snow.
Old 12-18-16, 12:50 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

I'll be pleased if it is raining and the snow gets washed away. I don't visit Vancouver for snow, I have enough of that here. ��
Old 02-12-17, 12:08 PM
Jimsathome
Driver

Gents,

My Misses is complaining the view for the backup camera now shows (say a bit less than 1/4 of the screen) he licence plate. My understanding is this camera is fixed with no adjustment. Have you ever heard of one slipping?
Old 02-12-17, 12:25 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

No, I thought the same thing at one point but likely didn't notice the licence as much when dirty. When the car is clean, you really notice again that it is in the view.
Old 10-06-17, 09:28 PM
Jimsathome
Driver

Gents,

I'm back again. The Lexus TMPSs PMC Tire sold me don't sync to the car. After driving for a while the warning comes up. It drove my Misses crazy all winter. I contacted PMC Tire and they did some research and admitted their "tech" steered me wrong. Dominic Vaillancourt in Customer Service did some research, and came back with:

"Oh.... Okay then, I just wanted to make sure we didn't accidentally send you our TPMS sensors, rather than the original ones. But it does not really matter anymore. Just got off the phone with three different Lexus dealers, local one, Montreal one, and Edmonton one, and their answers were all the same: No matter what type of sensors you have, OEM ones, Generic or universal ones, all Lexus after 2010 will have to get the car to the garage to get the new sensors recognized by the car...

I guess this is an information Bruno omitted to inquire about as we usually always dealt this way other other car manufacturers.

The only way to avoid you going to the dealer every time you swap your tires around, the sensors would need to be cloned. I would have been willing to pay for the service from Lexus, or send you the right tool, but even Lexus does not have a machine that can do so, apparently....

So... this leads us to here. What are your thoughts on this? "

So I'm doing my own research to find an answer. I'm not happy with the effort by Bruno at PMC Tire. It was a snow job!
Old 10-07-17, 10:40 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

I don’t have to have the dealer reset the TPMS when I change the wheels. The Tire Shop does it and there is no issue. Same process as Toyota’s like when I had a Tacoma. That being said, my winter wheels are Lexus wheels with Lexus sensors.
Old 10-12-17, 05:48 PM
Jimsathome
Driver

Cool

batchelor,

Thanks for the info but that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid => heading for any tire shop (Lexus or Retail) and pay them every spring and fall to get these dam sensors recognised. What a rip-off! I like to change my own tires on my schedule and have never bothered with a tire shop, except when I originally buy them on rims.

I sent PMC Tire a photo of the TMPSs they supplied and they confirm : "No those don't seem to be our TPMS we usually use, it's hard to confirm but i'm 99% confident those aren't our sensors, therefore they are Lexus sensors. However, we do not write down the sensors ID before shipping them out" .

My research so far:

Lexus / Toyota can use a laptop connected to the car's OBD-II port running their in house Techstream software to input the sensor ids into the on board computer. So you need the sensors ID numbers in hand to switch them if you have more than one set.

I've found another method using a hand held device from ATEQ but I don't know if it can handle this year/model of Lexus.

More to come...
Old 10-12-17, 08:51 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

Interesting, I hope your research finds a solution.

As far as I know, no manufacturer has set up a system that recognizes more than 4TPMS codes in its memory.

My fiancée has a new CRV with sensors on the actual wheel hub and thus needs no changing or additional sensors no matter what wheel or tire is on it.

I would much prefer that system to the one the Lexus and Toyota uses.