NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

System update available for '15 and '16 NX

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-16, 01:16 PM
Kirenworb
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by typocl
so after the update, I happened to use the nav for directions (hardly use it)

I was listening to the radio and whenever it gave instructions, I realized the radio volume remained steady. I could have sworn the radio is muted when the nav gives directions.

Anyone confirm what it's supposed to do?
Mine came directly from the dealership like this. I called and asked the dealer and they were clueless. So I don't know if this is a problem or the way it will be from now on. I just got it at the beginning of Oct so it may have come with this update preinstalled. I'll have to check the version numbers.

Gone:
2007 ES 350
2011 ES 350

Last edited by Kirenworb; 11-04-16 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-01-16, 03:18 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What differences have you noted with the system upgrade if any ?
It appears to me that maybe the NAV resolution has changed a little, but it could be just my imagination?
Old 11-01-16, 06:32 PM
NXcess
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shouldnt the dealership know about this and when they scan your car when you bring it in will see if it needs an update or not? When I take my vette in for any type of service the first thing they do is hook up a scanner of type to the ODBII port to retrive infor and its relayed to their computers to see if the car is up to date on things.
Old 11-02-16, 04:34 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My update came to my unit yesterday through the system. Haven't really noticed any changes but had no issues with it before.
Old 11-02-16, 06:23 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Two different updates now being discussed here--the over the air one is for the App suite, and we had one a few months ago. I have not gotten any notice about another update since then, but perhaps there is another one available now? The OP is referring to the flash drive download and update. That one was only released Oct 25 and requires a different process.
Old 11-02-16, 10:28 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by NXcess
Shouldnt the dealership know about this and when they scan your car when you bring it in will see if it needs an update or not? When I take my vette in for any type of service the first thing they do is hook up a scanner of type to the ODBII port to retrive infor and its relayed to their computers to see if the car is up to date on things.
they "should" if they care to

but sometimes, when you do proactive stuff like that, you get little upside to it, and a small risk of downsides if the update fails (if it's not broken, don't touch it)

think of Windows updates - most systems install and update just fine, but there's a percentage that fail miserably that results in calls and complaints
Old 11-02-16, 07:52 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by typocl
they "should" if they care to

but sometimes, when you do proactive stuff like that, you get little upside to it, and a small risk of downsides if the update fails (if it's not broken, don't touch it)

think of Windows updates - most systems install and update just fine, but there's a percentage that fail miserably that results in calls and complaints
Interesting corollary to your point - I rushed right out and installed the updates to our NX and our ES. Since then, our ES has had some issues....

It seemed to start on its own - fortunately we were there and shut it back off. We had just pulled in the garage and turned it off, and as we were getting out of the car it started back up. Odd, but we wrote it off as a possible fluke like maybe we bumped the button twice as we were shutting it off. This morning when we were backing out of the garage, no headlights. The headlight indicator on the dash showed that they were on, but nada. All the parking lights were on. Everything looked normal, but no headlights. So we turned the switch from auto to "on" and the only visible change was that the DLRs got brighter. Still no headlights.

Fortunately my wife and I carpool so we parked it and took the NX to work. Now the question is whether these issues are related to the update. Given the timing with these sudden electronic issues, it sure makes me wonder.

UPDATE: dealer found both headlight bulbs were burned out. Obviously nothing to do with the update. They seem to think the problem was the bulbs. I think it too much of a coincidence that both bulbs failed simultaneously. Seems like a dual bulb failure is a symptom of a power surge or short but the dealer wants me to believe they just failed. Probably wants me to believe they replaced the blinker fluid too. Didn't know light bulbs weren't covered by warranty.

Last edited by TechNut; 11-04-16 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-22-16, 04:22 PM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Seems as though there are no updates available for my 16' NX200t F Sport w/navigation or my '15 RC350 F Sport.

Last edited by MKenM; 11-22-16 at 04:29 PM.