NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Parking assist question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-16, 11:35 AM
dacommitte
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Parking assist question.

For those of you that have it on your NX, do you always have this function on or do you turn it off and only turn the switch on when you need it?
Old 07-19-16, 11:58 AM
jwlam
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I always leave it on. I would be concerned about not remembering to enable it when I may need it.
Old 07-19-16, 12:31 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Always leave it on. One day you may forget to turn it on and assume that it's on, and have a minor accident.
Old 07-19-16, 01:01 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

I leave it on all the time.

However, when pulled up to a restaurant drive-in window or a drive-up ATM machine, etc. I simply "mute" it. There is an icon on the display screen (when the beeping is happening) to temporarily mute it.
Old 07-19-16, 01:52 PM
lexusbexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless there's some interruption of Enform/nav functions I'm unaware of (because I don't have nav) then I don't see any reason to turn it off. I've always had it on.
Old 07-19-16, 02:47 PM
dacommitte
Rookie

Thanks for the replies guys. I've always wondered if it's a function that I should leave on at all times or not. Will start leaving it on from now on.
Old 07-19-16, 06:36 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

I leave it on in our cars, but oddly enough I have used a couple of loaners over the past 18 months and both had it turned off when I got in the car. I have wondered why
Old 07-20-16, 07:08 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

On my RX and GS you can set it to self mute after something like 3 seconds. I like this much better, as it'll mute itself in the drive-thru. I assume the NX has the same capability.
Old 07-20-16, 07:13 AM
CybrRdr
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDR76
On my RX and GS you can set it to self mute after something like 3 seconds. I like this much better, as it'll mute itself in the drive-thru. I assume the NX has the same capability.
If it does I am not aware of it... My NX beeps like crazy at drive-thrus to the point I have to shut it off..
Old 07-20-16, 08:29 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by JDR76
On the NX, there is a mute icon on the display that you can click to temporarily mute it. While this is not automatic liked on the RX/GX, it's better than turning it completely off with the physical dash button.
Old 07-20-16, 08:37 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I have the mute button on the GS too.

But I used the personalized settings through the Carista app to mute after 3 seconds.
Old 07-20-16, 10:13 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yup, it can get annoying at drive-thus, car washes and other such situations, but it's useful to have on when you're making tight turns in parking garages, etc. The best option is to set it to automatically turn off after the car has been stationary for 3 seconds. You can do that using the Carista app. Problem solved
Old 07-20-16, 10:30 AM
dacommitte
Rookie

Originally Posted by Carista
Yup, it can get annoying at drive-thus, car washes and other such situations, but it's useful to have on when you're making tight turns in parking garages, etc. The best option is to set it to automatically turn off after the car has been stationary for 3 seconds. You can do that using the Carista app. Problem solved

Not familiar with this adapter/software, will look into it more, thanks!
Old 07-20-16, 11:37 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by Carista
...set it to automatically turn off after the car has been stationary for 3 seconds. You can do that using the Carista app.
Is that new to the latest version? When I got the previous version I don't remember that particular setting.

I have the latest version now, but haven't had a chance to use it.

By the way, on Google Play Store, Carista is listed as v4.0 on search results, but on the detail screen (under the "What's New" section) it displays, "v3.0".
Old 07-20-16, 11:52 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NXOwner
Is that new to the latest version? When I got the previous version I don't remember that particular setting.

I have the latest version now, but haven't had a chance to use it.

By the way, on Google Play Store, Carista is listed as v4.0 on search results, but on the detail screen (under the "What's New" section) it displays, "v3.0".
3.0 is the correct latest version. 4.0 is the amount of stars we have on Google Play Store (Google's interface is confusing, I know)

About the auto-mute setting: we have that setting configured for Lexus cars in general and I'm not 100% sure that the NX supports it, but I think it does. Also, we have a new version of that setting that's only in our beta version at this time. If you have the app, just go into CUSTOMIZE and see if you find such a setting under "Instruments / Display / Dings". It's called "Mute parking sensor when stationary for more than 3 sec."

Quick Reply: Parking assist question.