NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Questions about Lexus NX

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-16, 08:01 AM
MidNiteSun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about Lexus NX

So I'm a long time Acura owner. I've owned & still own a few Acuras. I was thinking about switching to Lexus and with the airbag recall, I've decided to switch to Lexus. So I test drove the NX and the RX. I like the NX more because of its size. RX seems a little big for me.

Anyway they gave me a really good offer for my Acura trade-in (more than Acura - I feel like Lexus is stepping up to fix my Acura issue). The one I'm getting is 2016 Lexus NX 200T F Sports fully loaded. My question is how come the headlights on that car is not the same as the ones I see on Lexus.com? <br > <br >

Also when will 2017 NX come out? Hate to buy this now and 2 months later they have a newer one.

Thank you!!!!
Old 07-10-16, 08:29 AM
echelon
Driver

The ones you see on the website are the optional "Triple Beam LED" headlights. The ones installed in the vehicle you are looking at are a standard HID headlight. I have a 2016 NX200t F-Sport and really wanted the LED headlights. Apparently they are a rare option to get because there were only a few in the country in the color combo I wanted with the LED headlights. That being said we love our NX with the standard HID headlights and I no longer consider that big of a option lost.
Old 07-10-16, 08:31 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

That's because the car you are looking at isn't a "fully loaded" NX F-sport. The headlights that come standard with the F-sport are LED too, but they just aren't the premium triple-beam LED headlights, which are optional ($1160). The standard F-sport LED headlights have cornering fog lights, if that helps...

2017MY tends to roll out around September/October.

Last edited by dchar; 07-10-16 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-10-16, 08:33 AM
MidNiteSun
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by echelon
The ones you see on the website are the optional "Triple Beam LED" headlights. The ones installed in the vehicle you are looking at are a standard HID headlight. I have a 2016 NX200t F-Sport and really wanted the LED headlights. Apparently they are a rare option to get because there were only a few in the country in the color combo I wanted with the LED headlights. That being said we love our NX with the standard HID headlights and I no longer consider that big of a option lost.
Thank you sooo much. It was driving me crazy. I'm surprised that they didn't even have 1 with the triple LED headlights on the lot. Do you happen to know when the 2017 will be available? Thanks.
Old 07-10-16, 10:24 AM
MidNiteSun
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by echelon
Originally Posted by dchar
That's because the car you are looking at isn't a "fully loaded" NX F-sport. The headlights that come standard with the F-sport are LED too, but they just aren't the premium triple-beam LED headlights, which are optional ($1160). The standard F-sport LED headlights have cornering fog lights, if that helps...

2017MY tends to roll out around September/October.
Oh I see. They told it was fully loaded. They said it had everything even AWD which I didn't need. Hmm...I'm thinking I'm going to hold out for the 2017.
Old 07-10-16, 11:12 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

The term fully loaded is tossed around a lot. It's best to check out the options etc. to make sure the description is accurate. Well equipped or nicely equipped sometimes is a bit more accurate.
Old 07-10-16, 07:22 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

you should wait for the 2017, it will have updated infotainment. plus you can get the triple beam led's the base headlights suck imho, they make the NX less attractive to me.
Old 07-10-16, 07:25 PM
MidNiteSun
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jmull3r
you should wait for the 2017, it will have updated infotainment. plus you can get the triple beam led's the base headlights suck imho, they make the NX less attractive to me.
I totally agree. I hope I don't have to wait long. I'm driving a rental (Nissan Altima) that Acura gave me. I hate it. I paid for a luxury car and I'm stuck driving around this rental car. I also have to pay insurance for it too. So stupid.
Old 07-10-16, 08:00 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by MidNiteSun
I totally agree. I hope I don't have to wait long. I'm driving a rental (Nissan Altima) that Acura gave me. I hate it. I paid for a luxury car and I'm stuck driving around this rental car. I also have to pay insurance for it too. So stupid.
thats retarded i never liked acura or infiniti as luxury brands anyways... overpriced hondas and nissans, the literally have the same interiors. at least these "overpriced" toyotas are worthy of the lexus badge good luck with the NX, the nissan has got to be rough af
Old 07-11-16, 04:55 AM
MidNiteSun
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jmull3r
thats retarded i never liked acura or infiniti as luxury brands anyways... overpriced hondas and nissans, the literally have the same interiors. at least these "overpriced" toyotas are worthy of the lexus badge good luck with the NX, the nissan has got to be rough af
Thank you!! I can't see myself driving this Nissan for 8 months to 2.5 years. 😬
Old 07-11-16, 11:16 AM
d8168055
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

The standard option is LED as well. Standard has an incandescent high-beam, where as the triple LED have all LED (and option of auto high-beams). Matter of fact, all the lights are LEDs (turn sigs, DRL, fogs) Functionally, they are work about the same, they are just lights. And how often do you use your high-beams? not too often huh
Old 07-11-16, 11:34 AM
MidNiteSun
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by d8168055
The standard option is LED as well. Standard has an incandescent high-beam, where as the triple LED have all LED (and option of auto high-beams). Matter of fact, all the lights are LEDs (turn sigs, DRL, fogs) Functionally, they are work about the same, they are just lights. And how often do you use your high-beams? not too often huh
True but somehow the one with 3 LED just looks better. I heard it will be standard for 2017 so why not wait a few months and get the latest instead?
Old 07-11-16, 04:12 PM
MidNiteSun
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Pinhead
It won't be standard. Unlikely to make a $1500 option standard when the current standard is LED already.

That said, the triple beam is a little brighter than the standard LED with projector. I wouldn't get it for the increased brightness, but it does make everything LED and you get the better DRL lights I believe (could be wrong, member NXOwner can confirm). It does make the front end much more striking tho IMO, but its a steep cost.
Thanks for the correction. I'm new at Lexus so any info is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-11-16, 05:35 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinhead
It won't be standard. Unlikely to make a $1500 option standard when the current standard is LED already.

That said, the triple beam is a little brighter than the standard LED with projector. I wouldn't get it for the increased brightness, but it does make everything LED and you get the better DRL lights I believe (could be wrong, member NXOwner can confirm). It does make the front end much more striking tho IMO, but its a steep cost.
I agree. I can't see them making these standard. The triple beam LEDs are very striking and to be fair, they provide better illumination than the HIDs on our former RX. I really like them but are they really worth the cost? Depends on your perspective and budget. Haven't driven one with the standard LED lighting so really can't compare there.

And yes, the lighting package does include the upgrade to the nicer daylight running lights.
Old 07-11-16, 06:09 PM
MidNiteSun
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ward6096
I agree. I can't see them making these standard. The triple beam LEDs are very striking and to be fair, they provide better illumination than the HIDs on our former RX. I really like them but are they really worth the cost? Depends on your perspective and budget. Haven't driven one with the standard LED lighting so really can't compare there.

And yes, the lighting package does include the upgrade to the nicer daylight running lights.
For me, I think it's worth the money. Wish it was standard and not extra but I really like it.

Quick Reply: Questions about Lexus NX