NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Infotainment/Enform Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-16, 12:09 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts
Default Infotainment/Enform Problem

The annoying infotainment/Enform problem that started today on several Lexus models just plagued one of our cars (the new NX). The infotainment keeps cycling through the startup sequence and won't go past the legal page. Radio and media doesn't work either.

Other forum members have called their dealers, and they have recommended waiting one day.
Old 06-07-16, 12:37 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

there is an update that you can install yourself, it should fix the issue:

https://securedp.lexus.com/download-app/downloads

Update Type - Operating System Your Lexus Vehicle has an available multimedia software update (Version V15A8872).

This update is designed to improve the performance of your multimedia system.
Updates include the following:
• Navigation system becomes frozen/has no response or slow response
• Resetting of the navigation system
• Display is blank after a Bluetooth™ Audio device is connected

There may also be other enhancements included in the update.
Old 06-07-16, 12:55 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

So just disconnected the negative terminal on the battery for a few minutes, reconnected, and allowed car to run until system rebooted (advice another forum member received from technician at their dealer).

Now everything is functioning correctly again.
Old 06-07-16, 05:02 PM
rjw972
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to take my vehicle to the dealership to fix the issue; took about 30 minutes. On my home I noticed my NAV screen would switch to NIGHT mode and DAYTIME mode when I went under a bridge or the sun got blocked. I normally have this switched to DAYTIME mode all the time and went to MENU then to DISPLAY and the DAYTIME mode option is gone. Anybody experiencing this at all?
Old 06-07-16, 06:01 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

mine just started the reboot loop after I started the car from filling up at the gas station...

at least the backup camera still works

will try the battery thing tomorrow
Old 06-07-16, 07:33 PM
LEAA
Driver School Candidate

Default Just won't boot up

As described by others. Restarting the car doesn't fix. I checked for updates and it's not showing any available. Called dealer and they're not picking up the phone or returning calls. 2016 NX f-sport bought in January. This is disappointing.

What is waiting one day supposed to do? Did they say?
Old 06-07-16, 08:00 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

So mine was fine when I left work to go home, when I got home I grabbed my ballot and went to head for the polls and when I restarted the car mine unit was doing this.

I hit my SOS button and talked to the enform rep, he told me an update to enform was sent out to customer vehicles and the update is what caused this, he advised me to disconnect the battery wait 5 minutes and reconnect, I did this when I got home and my unit came back.

he stated a fix was in the works and the units should update again within 24 hours to fix the issue, the battery disconnect may be a temporary fix and the unit may return to the issue when it gets it's download from enform.

Last edited by mjeds; 06-07-16 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-07-16, 08:45 PM
d8168055
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Mine just started doing this too. If we do the battery d/c, do all settings get wiped too?
Old 06-07-16, 08:53 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I did the battery thing, system came back. Radio stations stayed, I didn't check every setting though. Hopefully it'll be fixed before it comes back.
Old 06-07-16, 09:18 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Disconnecting the battery is only a temporary fix...did it for my sister's NX in the morning, but the problem was back in the afternoon.

Hopefully Lexus will have it resolved soon. Annoying not to have radio/media functions.
Old 06-08-16, 03:33 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Is this related to the same thing posted by a service advisor in the ES forum? Our military is apparently testing a technique for suppressing GPS and it screws with our Nav units. The reason to wait a day is because the testing was only for certain hours yesterday, but will return on the 9th. The FAA has warned that the US Navy will be testing for six different periods in June.

See https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...ocking-up.html. In particular, look at post 14 which has a link that seems to explain. The link suggests the problem is expected to be the worst in the SW US area and I see most of the posts here are from California, although the service advisor that stated they have been resetting cars all morning was from Georgia. We never had the problem but we weren't driving during the hours discussed either.

Last edited by TechNut; 06-08-16 at 03:36 AM.
Old 06-08-16, 04:33 AM
kenlex16
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dchar
The annoying infotainment/Enform problem that started today on several Lexus models just plagued one of our cars (the new NX). The infotainment keeps cycling through the startup sequence and won't go past the legal page. Radio and media doesn't work either.

Other forum members have called their dealers, and they have recommended waiting one day.
Go to your fuse box and pull the fuses that pertain to your radio in my RX 450h that was two fuses one 15 and 10 amp. I then went inside and started the vehicle till the nav screen turned all pink (about a minute and half). Turn off the vehicle go back and insert fuses again where you took them out from. Then go back and turn on vehicle again and leave it on (do not shut it down) you will see a screen popup that shows loading with a bar going across the screen. Wait with car on till it completes and then the NAV comes up again. I had the full NAV, Radio and my phone still attached and working with no problems. Did the same for my wife's vehicle and both are back up again. Don't know how long it will last or if this is temp fix since I'm sure I did not get the updated fix from the dealer but I take both into the dealer next week for the 5k service and I'll address this with them for the fix. My Lexus dealer told me they have a work around fix not sure what that means or if it's what I already did just now. Hope this work for all you out there.
Old 06-08-16, 04:38 AM
kenlex16
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mjeds
there is an update that you can install yourself, it should fix the issue:

https://securedp.lexus.com/download-app/downloads

Update Type - Operating System Your Lexus Vehicle has an available multimedia software update (Version V15A8872).

This update is designed to improve the performance of your multimedia system.
Updates include the following:
• Navigation system becomes frozen/has no response or slow response
• Resetting of the navigation system
• Display is blank after a Bluetooth™ Audio device is connected

There may also be other enhancements included in the update.
Does not have an update for my 2016 RX 450h so thanks for the link but no go for me to fix my problem.
Old 06-08-16, 05:19 AM
sosobri805
Driver School Candidate

Lol was this a planned thing on a specific day by lexus? Because this happened to me yesterday afternoon as well. anybody with a fix? I have tried resetting by holding the power button down until it resets but the rebooting loop still happens.
Old 06-08-16, 05:32 AM
tommytqt
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.engadget.com/2016/06/07/l...otched-update/

Quick Reply: Infotainment/Enform Problem