Infotainment/Enform Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-16, 06:17 AM
AJA999
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to dealer this morning

Originally Posted by dchar
The annoying infotainment/Enform problem that started today on several Lexus models just plagued one of our cars (the new NX). The infotainment keeps cycling through the startup sequence and won't go past the legal page. Radio and media doesn't work either.

Other forum members have called their dealers, and they have recommended waiting one day.
I made my appointment with the dealer this morning after driving to work with the Enform system trying to reboot the entire time. Glad to see it's not just my car.
Old 06-08-16, 06:43 AM
gooner
Driver School Candidate

Here is the chat reply from Lexus corporate website as of 10 min ago: "We're aware that beginning morning 6/7/2016 many of our vehicles' head units stopped working. Our key partners, Toyota Tech Center and TMS Product Quality are all fully engaged and investigating this issue as a top priority. The teams are working around the clock to find a solution ad we will alert you as soon as we have more information." In response to "...should I go to a dealer?" the answer was : "Yes, they will use a quick remedy however, you may still experience issues until the software has been updated". And then, usual apologies...
Old 06-08-16, 09:06 AM
AJA999
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gooner
Here is the chat reply from Lexus corporate website as of 10 min ago: "We're aware that beginning morning 6/7/2016 many of our vehicles' head units stopped working. Our key partners, Toyota Tech Center and TMS Product Quality are all fully engaged and investigating this issue as a top priority. The teams are working around the clock to find a solution ad we will alert you as soon as we have more information." In response to "...should I go to a dealer?" the answer was : "Yes, they will use a quick remedy however, you may still experience issues until the software has been updated". And then, usual apologies...
Just got back from the dealer (Lexus of Route 10). They had their guys out in the parking lot and were just treating it like an assembly line. I was in and out in about 5 minutes, tops. They did say Lexus is working with their vendor on a fix, but disconnecting the battery seems to have restored things thus far.
Old 06-08-16, 10:22 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by rjw972
I had to take my vehicle to the dealership to fix the issue; took about 30 minutes. On my home I noticed my NAV screen would switch to NIGHT mode and DAYTIME mode when I went under a bridge or the sun got blocked. I normally have this switched to DAYTIME mode all the time and went to MENU then to DISPLAY and the DAYTIME mode option is gone. Anybody experiencing this at all?
IIRC, the Daytime button only appears when the headlights are on. So, turn on your lights and then go to the display menu. If that doesn't work, go inside a garage or something to trigger the lights and try it there.
Old 06-08-16, 11:47 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Posted on LeftLane at noon:
"Errant data broadcast by our traffic and weather data service provider was not handled as expected by the microcomputer in the vehicle navigation head unit," Lexus wrote in a more detailed explanation. "The data suspected to be the source of the error was corrected last night."

The notice suggests the problem can be resolved by disconnecting the vehicle's battery for at least five minutes, however some Twitter posts claim the method only offers a temporary fix.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/lexus-ow...fix-91972.html
Old 06-08-16, 12:01 PM
MikeW83
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Official word from Lexus

Last edited by MikeW83; 06-08-16 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-08-16, 12:28 PM
d8168055
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

From @lexus Twitter
<br >
Old 06-08-16, 01:20 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Disconnecting the battery is simply like performing a <Ctrl><Alt><Delete> on a Windows computer. It doesn't necessarily fix anything, but temporarily resets some things until the issue returns.

Remember, issues that go away by themselves, come back by themselves!
Old 06-08-16, 01:26 PM
MikeW83
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Precisely. However if you're feeling the wrath of this bug, go to the dealer! It's important to document for warranty, lemon laws, etc.
Old 06-08-16, 01:54 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm hoping that the "corrected data" and a battery yank prevents this from coming back. Obviously, they need to recode the software to not flip out by "errant data".

Last edited by typocl; 06-08-16 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-08-16, 03:18 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

I disconnected battery and resolved.
Then called service dept, they have resource in parking lane to resolve on the spot he said.
I asked about battery disconnect, he said that is what they do and should be fine for now.
Everyone continue to keep us updated as needed. Thanks
Old 06-08-16, 04:00 PM
NXOwner
Racer

I wonder if this was an isolated incident for a particular region of the country?

At the risk of jinxing myself, I can say that this never happened to my NX (NXOwner knocks on wood!). I'm in Southern California. Did anyone in my area experience this?

Last edited by NXOwner; 06-08-16 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-08-16, 04:02 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by NXOwner
I wonder if this was an isolated incident for a particular region of the country? Where

At the risk of jinxing myself, I can say that this never happened to my NX (NXOwner knocks on wood!). I'm in Southern California. Did anyone in my area experience this?
yes. I'm in L.A. happened to me yesterday.
lots of SoCal people posting here in multiple threads about it.
Old 06-08-16, 04:02 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Yes north Orange County.
Weird yesterday no issue as others reported.
Thought I skid by.
Then today!
Old 06-08-16, 04:08 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

a dozen people at my office all complaining about theirs as well, RX, CT, IS models,

knowing I'm a car guy, a couple of the other senior managers came by and asked me if my RCF had the issue and if I had fixed it or if I was going to the dealer. I told them I fixed it last night, and I thought it wise to bring my 10mm socket with me today in case it happened again, as a result I spent part of my lunch disconnecting batteries.

Quick Reply: Infotainment/Enform Problem