NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)
View Poll Results: WeatherTech or Lexus OEM floor mats?
WeatherTech
63.16%
Lexus OEM
36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

WeatherTech or Lexus floor mats?

Old 04-30-16, 07:33 PM
lexusbexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WeatherTech or Lexus floor mats?

The WeatherTech ones don't quite look as nice and they're double the price. So I'm wondering why they're so popular besides their more complete coverage of the floor.

What does everyone else have.

Last edited by lexusbexus; 04-30-16 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-30-16, 07:44 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm partial to these mats.

Keep in mind when you looking at pictures of the Lexus OEM mats and those from WeatherTech—what you can't see if the quality and workmanship. The WeatherTech mats are thicker and more durable. WeatherTechs rise up higher along the edges to further protect your floors (in both the cabin and the cargo area mats).

I would buy them again in my next vehicle (as I had in my previous vehicle).

Old 04-30-16, 08:57 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 690 Likes on 507 Posts

We got the WeatherTech liners for our ES sedan. They looked very industrial and we didn't like them in the sedan. We replaced them with the standard WeatherTech all-weather mats and like them better.

For the NX we decided to just get the Lexus all-weather mats. As you pointed out, the regular all-weather versions were about the same price as the WeatherTechs, but much less than the liners.

So my opinion: about a wash really.

WeatherTech all-weather: Much thicker and "sturdier" than OEM. They just seem like better quality. They have a flap that comes up to cover the dead pedal on the left side so it catches more of the crud that gets tracked in. They have a gummy finish so they don't clean up easily - even with the pressure washer on the wall clip at the car wash. Recommend black for this reason.

OEM all-weather: Also attractive and have the car model printed on the mat so they look a bit more like they belong. They are thinner (flimsier?) but they fit in the clips at the car wash easier and the smoother finish cleans up easier. They don't cover the dead pedal so more junk gets through to the carpet.

WeatherTech liners: Very industrial and great for very messy environment (trucks). Great fit. We just didn't like the look for passenger car and city commuter duty.
Old 04-30-16, 09:16 PM
NateJG
Lead Lap

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusbexus
The WeatherTech ones don't quite look as nice and they're double the price. So I'm wondering why they're so popular besides their more complete coverage of the floor.

What does everyone else have.
They're so popular because of their more complete coverage of the floor.
Old 05-01-16, 08:05 AM
sdiver68
Driver

Since WeatherTech went to more of a plastic feeling material I've switched over to Lloyds in my last 2 cars. I'm currently using Rubbertite but would also consider the newer Northridge style. Lloyds also has many more color choices available to better match interiors, which was very important for my brown Q5 interior to not be stuck with tan or black.
Old 05-01-16, 12:23 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

I love my Weathertech mats in all my other cars. Better coverage and more durable material.

Let me know if you want pricing on them!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-02-16, 09:42 AM
Woodrow
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

I've used WeatherTech All Weather mats for years, and have always loved them. I only have 2 complaints. Although they fit VERY well, they still don't cover all that well, and the carpet gets filthy around the edge of the mat. Also, the mats are simply hard to keep clean. It takes a scrub brush.

For my CT, I got the liners. Incredible coverage, that completely protects the carpet. The fit is amazing! They look like they came on the car. They clean up in a heartbeat with a damp cloth, and I don't have to vacuum nearly as much. I was also concerned about the industrial/work truck look, too. I got past that concern the first time I cleaned them (They are floor mats, after all). Just keep them clean, and they look fine. Way better than factory mats that don't have nearly the same quality materials.

BIG fan, and worth every penny

Last edited by Woodrow; 05-02-16 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-02-16, 02:39 PM
ClaudeNX
Rookie

love my Weathertech
Old 05-02-16, 08:32 PM
lexbabe
Rookie

I live in Minnesota and we get the heavy snow storms. Half way through winter I swapped out my oem all weather mats for the Weather Tech ones and it really made a difference.
Old 05-02-16, 09:05 PM
Dudley33
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Weathertech Liners all the way

Use Weathertech liners in my RX 400 and my LX 570. The liners fit great and have the lip around the edges for containing spill and holding sand and dirt. Quickly hose off when taken out of the car, and removes easily while not spilling any dirt on top of the mats. Mats look like gleaming flooring when wiped off. To me they look more elegant than soiled carpet mats or other mats that don't wipe clean. Sort of like carpeting your bathroom. The
Old 05-03-16, 08:14 PM
NXblue
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Mats

Uh, Weather tech! I bought the Lexus all weather mats first & was VERY disappointed in them! Not even close to the WT's! I left the rear set of Lexus ones in there b/c I don't have people in that area very often, so just the fronts & cargo area are WT's. I have pics in another post of them one after the other, & you can see for yourself the difference!
Old 05-04-16, 07:55 AM
Fyrcat
Rookie

I got the rubber Lexus mats as part of my deal on the NX...I used them twice while I waited for the weather techs to arrive. I found that the Lexus mats were too small to protect the front carpet areas, and in the rear, they didn't go over the hump. The weather techs offer much better coverage, with lips that catch racks and dirt/dust. They also cover the entire area in front of the rear seats. . I will be selling my OEM rubber mats, and never looking back!
Old 05-04-16, 04:49 PM
LNXT200
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have lexus rubber matts, really liked them, and can't complain since I got them for free.