NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Nuluxe seats..

Old 04-08-16, 07:07 AM
Fyrcat
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nuluxe seats..

I was super surprised right before I purchased my NX f-sport to learn that Lexus opted to use nuluxe aka pleather for the seats in the NX...I asked our salesman why they didn't offer an option(of which I would have paid for) of real leather. I came from 17 years of owing an RX(purchased it new in 1999), and was used to leather and wood. I assumed all Lexus products would be top shelf. Our salesman couldn't really answer my question, only saying they wanted a price point difference between the current RX, which has leather, and the NX. Also, he told me that the nulux would be more durable and last longer than leather. My RX with 94,000 original miles, had a pristine interior, and when he saw it he could t believe how clean and good it was, saying he had never seen such a clean vehicle that old..so it debunked his opinion about the longevity of leather!
I would like to replace the nuluxe for leather and was wondering if any of you know if the NX's seats are the same as any other in the Lexus stable...so I might be able to have my seats covered?
And, was anyone else surprised that leather was NOT an option?

Last edited by Fyrcat; 04-08-16 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-08-16, 09:40 AM
dadofahusk
Rookie

not certain this answers your question, but a non-f sport could be had with genuine leather as mine has that. it was why i opted for a non-f sport actually
Old 04-08-16, 10:03 AM
SteveDeech
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fyrcat
I was super surprised right before I purchased my f-sport to learn that Lexus opted to use nuluxe aka pleather for the seats in the NX...I asked our salesman why they didn't offer an option(of which I would have paid for) of real leather. I came from 17 years of owing an RX(purchased it new in 1999), and was used to leather and wood. I assumed all Lexus products would be top shelf. Our salesman couldn't really answer my question, only saying they wanted a price point difference between the current RX, which has leather, and the NX. Also, he told me that the nulux would be more durable and last longer than leather. My RX with 94,000 original miles, had a pristine interior, and when he saw it he could t believe how clean and good it was, saying he had never seen such a clean vehicle that old..so it debunked his opinion about the longevity of leather!
I would like to replace the nuluxe for leather and was wondering if any of you know if the NX's seats are the same as any other in the Lexus stable...so I might be able to have my seats covered?
And, was anyone else surprised that leather was NOT an option?
Both models provide leather interior. You have to buy the luxury package. Which is I believe is about 4K and includes a whole bunch of options.

I also have owned a couple of RX's and believe it or not you had the get the premium package to get leather. They did have pleather also but no one ever got the non leather option.
Old 04-08-16, 10:26 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveDeech
Both models provide leather interior. You have to buy the luxury package. Which is I believe is about 4K and includes a whole bunch of options.

I also have owned a couple of RX's and believe it or not you had the get the premium package to get leather. They did have pleather also but no one ever got the non leather option.
I just built an RX F-Sport online - it appears that it only comes with leather. On the NX the F-Sport only comes with NuLuxe.

Last edited by 15RC350F; 04-08-16 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-08-16, 02:17 PM
dadofahusk
Rookie

Originally Posted by SteveDeech

mine is a 2015 and nuluxe was the only option for an f-sprt. just went on the us lexus nx 2016 site, same thing
Old 04-08-16, 06:57 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

My IS had NuLuxe and I loved it. I'd take it over leather any day.
Old 04-08-16, 07:32 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

NuLuxe is cool with me.
Old 04-09-16, 05:17 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

NuLuxe on a '13 ES 300h, and after 3 years it looked like the day it was delivered. Comfort was good, too, not hot in the summer like older vinyl or leatherette materials. I now prefer NuLuxe if I have a choice, and was glad the F Sport had it.
Old 04-09-16, 08:05 AM
Futpurch
Driver School Candidate

Is nuluxe natural? I like the f sport look of Lexus and noticed that is part of the package.
Old 04-09-16, 08:59 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Futpurch
Is nuluxe natural? I like the f sport look of Lexus and noticed that is part of the package.
Nuluxe is Lexus' synthetic leather, but it resembles leather the best out of all the competitors. It is the only option for the F-sport. I have also heard that it is more durable and less maintainence than leather. It doesn't have the same smell as leather though.

The only way I could see someone getting leather and F-sport appearance is if they bought a luxury package and fitted an F-sport front bumper and rims. The other cars in the lineup that have the same seats as the F-sport NX (the IS) also has Nuluxe. I believe the ones in the RX are a little bigger, and you can't just order the skin of the seat and fit it on your NX since the foam is injected into it during manufacturing on new F-sports.
Old 04-09-16, 08:41 PM
lexusbexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by tresmith00
NuLuxe is cool with me.
Yea same. If it's true that it's more durable and easier to maintain then I'm fine with Nuluxe.
Old 04-10-16, 10:43 AM
Sos10
Driver School Candidate

Here in Europe we don't get the Nuluxe option. It is either cloth or leather (not full leather, just the seating area just like with all other manufacturers)
Old 04-10-16, 12:32 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 690 Likes on 507 Posts

The NuLuxe is fine with me too. I was a little apprehensive when we moved from the Prius that had leather to the ES. After a year, the NuLuxe seats still look like new, with no cracks along stretch marks like you can get with leather. Seems they offer all the benefits with none of the downsides.
Old 06-29-16, 02:51 AM
Beachtyme
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

What's the care for NuLuxe? I have all of the Griot's leather care products, I presume they can be used?
Old 06-29-16, 06:26 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Probably no need unless you have a problem spot. I had Ivory NuLuxe on an ES for 3 years, never even needed cleaning. Just an occasional wipe with a damp cloth.
From the manual:
● Remove loose dirt using a vacuum cleaner.
● Apply a mild soap solution to the synthetic leather using a sponge or soft cloth.
● Allow the solution to soak in for a few minutes. Remove the dirt and wipe off
the solution with a clean, damp cloth.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nuluxe seats..