NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Brake noise as you stop or start

Old 03-31-16, 08:48 PM
Balien
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake noise as you stop or start

Does anyone else get brake grabbing noises as they start and stop. I tried to clean the rust on the rotors by braking hard in neutral from 50kph three times and it did nothing. I have 8kms. Car was a dealer loaner. Seems mostly to be rear brakes.
Old 04-01-16, 03:18 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Balien
Does anyone else get brake grabbing noises as they start and stop. I tried to clean the rust on the rotors by braking hard in neutral from 50kph three times and it did nothing. I have 8kms. Car was a dealer loaner. Seems mostly to be rear brakes.
I've always had that on my NX, but I assume it was the electric parking brake and the HOLD function.
Old 04-01-16, 03:53 PM
Balien
Driver School Candidate

No the parking brake feature is turned off. I was looking at the rotors and I think they grooved already. This car was parked for a few months outside on the dealer lot. I figure the rotor rust has caused issues. Perhaps driving with the parking brake on for a block will fix it? Hmm not sure
Old 04-01-16, 05:12 PM
LNXT200
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

never experienced that, try brake cleaner from auto parts. how many miles?
Old 04-01-16, 07:44 PM
Balien
Driver School Candidate

9,000 kilometres today. I was thinking perhaps someone drove with that auto parking brake feature on too much damaging rotors. The car was a dealer loaner before.
Old 04-01-16, 07:49 PM
LNXT200
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

9,000 kilometres today. I was thinking perhaps someone drove with that auto parking brake feature on too much damaging rotors. The car was a dealer loaner before.
I would say that it is almost impossible to drive it with the parking brake on without ignoring the warning sound. the best thing will be taking it to a dealer for an inspection, it is close to the 5000 Mille maintenance anyway.
Old 04-02-16, 02:46 AM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LNXT200
I would say that it is almost impossible to drive it with the parking brake on without ignoring the warning sound. the best thing will be taking it to a dealer for an inspection, it is close to the 5000 Mille maintenance anyway.
I don't think you can drive with the parking brake on. It's electronically operated, isn't it?
Old 04-02-16, 12:05 PM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
I don't think you can drive with the parking brake on. It's electronically operated, isn't it?
I keep the switch on all the time. The parking brake engages when the transmission is put in park and disengages when you take it out of park. There is no way that I know of to drive with the parking brake actually on.
Old 04-05-16, 08:49 AM
rayzer57
Rookie

As you had suggested, when you see the dealer for you maintenance service, advise them of your situation. Suggest the brake linings be inspected for glazing, and perform a brake fluid flush since the car was used as a loaner vehicle. If that does not remedy your situation, next would be new rotors and brake lining.
Old 04-05-16, 03:25 PM
xxkevo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rayzer57
As you had suggested, when you see the dealer for you maintenance service, advise them of your situation. Suggest the brake linings be inspected for glazing, and perform a brake fluid flush since the car was used as a loaner vehicle. If that does not remedy your situation, next would be new rotors and brake lining.
I too experience this noise when i let go of the brakes... it becomes very noticeable during parking. I brought my car in and they said those sounds are normal... They have cleaned and lubricate the brakes... any suggestions on what i should ask for them to inspect or change? Do you think i should demand new rotors and pads?
Old 04-19-23, 10:40 AM
Solid
5th Gear

Originally Posted by xxkevo
I too experience this noise when i let go of the brakes... it becomes very noticeable during parking. I brought my car in and they said those sounds are normal... They have cleaned and lubricate the brakes... any suggestions on what i should ask for them to inspect or change? Do you think i should demand new rotors and pads?
Hi,

Did you ever figure out what was the issue?

i can hear my front brakes when parking as well. it sound like the pads are grabbing the rotors i can definitely hear them when i depressed the brake pedal harder than once i shift to P than i release the brake pedal.