Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2015 up NX300H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX300H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other first generation NX models.

NX300h Driver's seat too high

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-16, 01:52 PM
Jim_bo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX300h Driver's seat too high

Does anyone else have a problem with the driver's seat on the NX being too high? I just bought a 2015 model for my wife and my head hits the roof with the seat all the way down. Is there a way to lower it at all? If I could lose a couple inches off of that seat, this would be a really sweet ride.
Old 03-28-16, 01:56 PM
philwojo
Pole Position

How tall are you?

Are you sure you have all the adjustments as far down as they will go? There are multiple things that can affect seat height.

I am 6'1, and not a small guy, and I have no issues with headroom in the 2015 300h, but I know each person is unique.
Old 03-28-16, 02:53 PM
Jim_bo
Driver School Candidate

I'm tall enough that I'd really like for the driver's seat to be a couple inches lower.
Old 03-28-16, 03:07 PM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim_bo
I'm tall enough that I'd really like for the driver's seat to be a couple inches lower.
That's not helpful. If you have the seat all the way down then no, it can't go down any further.
Old 03-28-16, 03:07 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I wish the roof was a few inches taller. I'm not a fan of the new SUV/CUV trend of shorter vehicles. With the seat the way I like, the roof limits some visibility toward street signs/lights toward the top right for me (rearview mirror gets in the way too). If I lower the seat where that's not an issue, then I kinda get some blind spots where I have to sit forward to make sure I'm not going to hit someone.
Old 03-28-16, 03:10 PM
15RC350F
Advanced

I'm also beyond surprised that you purchased a vehicle - even if for your wife - that you never sat in if you ever intended to drive it.
Old 03-28-16, 06:10 PM
Jim_bo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t
I'm also beyond surprised that you purchased a vehicle - even if for your wife - that you never sat in if you ever intended to drive it.
I appreciate you taking the time to respond, but I really didn't come here seeking a lecture. I asked a technical question that you apparently have never given legitimate consideration to. So, I'll take your response with a grain of salt.

In the mean time, I'm interested in hearing from anyone else who may have done a modification to their drivers seat to lower it. If you have, I'd love to hear about it.
Old 03-28-16, 06:13 PM
Jim_bo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by typocl
I wish the roof was a few inches taller. I'm not a fan of the new SUV/CUV trend of shorter vehicles. With the seat the way I like, the roof limits some visibility toward street signs/lights toward the top right for me (rearview mirror gets in the way too). If I lower the seat where that's not an issue, then I kinda get some blind spots where I have to sit forward to make sure I'm not going to hit someone.

I agree. My wife's former car is a Cadillac SRX. The seat height is lower and that does make for better visibility.... although I'm not sure if the ceiling is higher. The NX almost makes me feel like I am sitting in a high chair. I'm sure it's due to the fact that it has a ton of mechanisms, motors and pumps that operate the seat... but if there is a way to shave off a couple of inches, I'm not afraid to take a wrench to it.
Old 03-28-16, 06:46 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

have you tried reclining the seat a little more? That would help a little, don't know if it would make other things worse though. I don't ever recall any thread about modifying the seat to lower it, and I don't think it'd be possible short of replacing the seat itself.
Old 03-28-16, 11:49 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

How tall are you? ↕️
Old 03-29-16, 06:38 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

I appreciate you taking the time to respond, but I really didn't come here seeking a lecture. I asked a technical question that you apparently have never given legitimate consideration to. So, I'll take your response with a grain of salt.

In the mean time, I'm interested in hearing from anyone else who may have done a modification to their drivers seat to lower it. If you have, I'd love to hear about it.
You obviously don't care that we have taken the time to respond as you have yet to answer a simple question of how tall you are. Don't come here looking for answers and then chide us for trying to help you when you are being rude.

If you want help, please provide the answers to the questions being asked, just because you don't understand why they are being asked doesn't make them important.

Good luck trying to figure this out.
Old 03-29-16, 08:23 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Let me give this another shot:

The NX front seats adjust only as low as they do assumedly to provide clearance for whatever electromechanical and other systems are contained thereunder; they are not unnecessarily raised by spacers of some kind as a dastardly plot against the tall. As such, the only way to lower them would be either to replace them with something else or to modify them with a different support structure, probably without things like electrical adjustment and heat/cool capability.
Old 03-29-16, 08:41 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm 6' and sit on a donut cushion and still have plenty of head room. I actually thought it was a bit low before I started using the cushion.

I can see the NX being too small for a big person. The salesman that sold me mine could barely fit in it.
Old 03-29-16, 09:04 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

It sounds to me like maybe the wrong vehicle for the OP. Maybe OK for his wife, but a little more shopping might have been in order.
Old 03-29-16, 12:25 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

On the topic, does the moonroof cut into headroom space? I'm 173cm tall, also have a cushion on the seat, was wondering if non moon roof NX's have a higher rood clearance. I have enough room, but I can imagine someone quite a bit taller having trouble.

Quick Reply: NX300h Driver's seat too high