NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Project Kara (My Supergirl)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-16, 05:59 AM
UtoyZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally put the Aimgain overfenders on, after they been sittin under the bed for almost 2 months. Fitment is absolutely amazing. I also put on the wheels that I've had on the GS. They're Advan GT Premium 20x10 all around, wrapped on Falken Azenis 275/40/20 on all 4. Fitment is pretty sunk in, but it's rubbing a lil already on the fenders the way it is. Mainly because of the height and the fact that the fenders are pretty thick. I'm happy with the way it sits right now but eventually I might raise it up and put some spacers on to make it flush to the fenders.
BTW I also installed SPC camber arms on the rear so my alignment right now is on factory specs.

The following users liked this post:
Hubs (03-16-17)
Old 05-07-16, 09:04 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Very sporty looking. Congrats on the mods.

Can you post a video on the exhaust sound - startup, rev, and accelerating?

Is the lag reduced with the Apexi controller? How much more responsive is the car? It's my biggest (albeit relatively minor) complaint of the NX.
Old 05-07-16, 12:33 PM
hknubsauce
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it, defin not something you see everyday
Old 05-07-16, 03:08 PM
bman2723
Driver

Received 57 Likes on 22 Posts

I like how it turned out, looks very aggressive -
Old 05-07-16, 03:23 PM
bman2723
Driver

Received 57 Likes on 22 Posts

is there any conflict when the throttle controller is turned on and your in sport mode ?
Old 05-07-16, 04:22 PM
akaido
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very Nice!
Old 05-10-16, 05:46 AM
UtoyZ
Lexus Test Driver

thank you guys very much for the positive feedback.
as far as video of the exhaust, i'll try to do it one of these days.
and for the throttle controller, i've never really tried it on other settings, i just use the red which is the most responsive one. i can definitely feel the difference. the pick up is so much quicker. i enjoy driving the car even more now. i don't usually drive with it on and sport mode at the same time but i imagine with the sport mode on, it'll just shift at higher rpm.
Old 05-11-16, 09:01 PM
NXblue
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Still missing things!

I know your doing a great mod & it looks unique, but you need some real BASIC mods. Tint the front windows & get some Weather Tech mats! That will really top it all off!
Old 05-12-16, 06:24 AM
UtoyZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NXblue
I know your doing a great mod & it looks unique, but you need some real BASIC mods. Tint the front windows & get some Weather Tech mats! That will really top it all off!
I can get free window tint from the dealership but I opted not to. This is my first vehicle that doesn't have a dark tint. I actually like it that way, I want people to see the red interior lol.
I have OEM rubber mats now which I got from the dealer for free, no sense of spending money on weather tech mats.
Old 05-13-16, 06:07 PM
lexbabe
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice build, I liked your old GS too =)
Old 05-19-16, 07:25 PM
TomoG
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazing build and pretty quick progress!
It looks like your mods lean more towards performance so I was wondering, have you considered swapping out your battery? The lithium ion batteries are less than 10 pounds but I'm not sure if they have the capacity to work all the electronics on this car after the engine is turned off. Any thoughts?
Old 05-20-16, 01:13 AM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TomoG
Amazing build and pretty quick progress!
It looks like your mods lean more towards performance so I was wondering, have you considered swapping out your battery? The lithium ion batteries are less than 10 pounds but I'm not sure if they have the capacity to work all the electronics on this car after the engine is turned off. Any thoughts?
Uh ... what?
The hybrids have ni-mh batteries, not lithium ion, and I'm pretty sure this car isn't a hybrid either.
Old 05-20-16, 12:13 PM
TomoG
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by legrunt
Uh ... what?
The hybrids have ni-mh batteries, not lithium ion, and I'm pretty sure this car isn't a hybrid either.
Sorry for not being clear, I'm referring to replacing the battery that starts the 8AR-FTS with a lighter option.
Old 05-22-16, 05:06 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TomoG
Sorry for not being clear, I'm referring to replacing the battery that starts the 8AR-FTS with a lighter option.
Ah, ok, that makes sense! Hmmm.... Now you got me thinking...
Old 05-23-16, 09:27 PM
NXblue
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by UtoyZ
I can get free window tint from the dealership but I opted not to. This is my first vehicle that doesn't have a dark tint. I actually like it that way, I want people to see the red interior lol.
I have OEM rubber mats now which I got from the dealer for free, no sense of spending money on weather tech mats.
That's cool if you don't want the fronts tinted! I can't stand it because of the heat! Glad your dealer would give you their crappy rubber mats free., mine wouldn't! Had to buy! Got the front Weather Tech ones instead. WAY better coverage for yuk inside! To each their own! Keep up the great work!

Quick Reply: Project Kara (My Supergirl)