NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Project Kara (My Supergirl)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-16, 05:58 AM
UtoyZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Update #3

Mar. 10 I finally got the RSR coilovers installed. The rears as you will see on the pic is on the lowest setting but still not that low. We tried taking off the perches just to see how low it would go and it was way too low for me, my goal with this vehicle is to mod it but still be functional. Right now I'm happy with the rear height. The front on the other hand has a lot of room to go down but you can see it's pretty low. Once I put on the wheels, I will be raising it up a lil to kinda even up with the rear.
As far as the ride, RSR offers wide range of adjustments. From the stiffest, I counted 43 turns to go all the way to the softest. I'm at the middle right now and so far so good, but I wanna tweak it a lil more.

Old 03-15-16, 11:22 PM
Levin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exact color combo and options I want. Love what direction you're going with your NX as well.
Old 03-16-16, 06:40 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Keep the updates coming. One of the very few rare builds in this forum so far.
Old 03-16-16, 07:03 PM
Toneroni
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto, love seeing these builds.
Old 03-17-16, 08:52 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You need to bring the front up 1/2" or more. its not sitting flat, which will mess up your weight distribution and steering ability. This isn't a Z06 vette with drag radials, you gotta make it sit flat.
Old 03-17-16, 08:05 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Any chipping in the works? Piggyback of course
Old 04-17-16, 10:50 AM
UtoyZ
Lexus Test Driver

I have a slight update on Project Kara. I installed a Tom's Racing Japan Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel. I love how it looks and how it feels. I lost the heated steering wheel feature but I live in FL anyways, I don't really need it. Overall, I'm really satisfied, so far it's my favorite mod since I get to see it while I'm driving

Old 04-17-16, 01:24 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

that looks nice

do you know if you're able to remove the "Tom's" label

and how long did it take to do that?
Old 04-17-16, 03:36 PM
UtoyZ
Lexus Test Driver

Install is pretty simple you just have to be real careful and make sure to unplug the ones need to be unplugged. The most time-consuming part is switching the buttons and stuff from the old steering wheel to the new one.

The "Tom's" logo is inside the clear coat so it can't be removed. That's actually one of the things I like about this particular brand, you know you have a legit one and not just an ordinary CF steering wheel.
Old 04-17-16, 11:18 PM
LINSTEFAN
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not going to lie, but damn best NX i've seen yet by far! Btw what's that white thing called on your mirror? Is it a Fusa Knot? In addition, approximately how much did the Apexi N1 exhaust cost?

Last edited by LINSTEFAN; 04-17-16 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-18-16, 07:31 AM
UtoyZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LINSTEFAN
Not going to lie, but damn best NX i've seen yet by far! Btw what's that white thing called on your mirror? Is it a Fusa Knot? In addition, approximately how much did the Apexi N1 exhaust cost?
That's a big compliment, thanks a lot.
Yes it is a Fusa, popular on "VIP-style" cars, but what it is really is a Japanese good luck charm. I've had mine since my first Lexus.
The Apexi exhaust I got it through a buddy of mine who knows the people at Apexi personally, so my price I imagine is different than retail. I also have an Apexi Smart Throttle Controller that I have yet to install.
Old 04-19-16, 07:14 AM
datpimp007
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by UtoyZ
That's a big compliment, thanks a lot.
Yes it is a Fusa, popular on "VIP-style" cars, but what it is really is a Japanese good luck charm. I've had mine since my first Lexus.
The Apexi exhaust I got it through a buddy of mine who knows the people at Apexi personally, so my price I imagine is different than retail. I also have an Apexi Smart Throttle Controller that I have yet to install.
So I did a quick search on the RSR Coilovers and see that they are almost $2k. That's a pretty big chunk of money. Does it make a significant ride enhancement?
Old 04-19-16, 09:26 AM
UtoyZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by datpimp007
So I did a quick search on the RSR Coilovers and see that they are almost $2k. That's a pretty big chunk of money. Does it make a significant ride enhancement?
Yes it is a lot of money, but for the current market, there's not much other options for coilovers. I'm not sure if BC Racing has fitment for the NX yet, that would be around half the price of RSR. Something to consider as well is lowering springs if you're not planning on "slamming" the vehicle. If I didn't get a good deal on the RSR coilovers, I wouldn't pay $2k, let's put it that way.
Old 04-20-16, 01:43 PM
UtoyZ
Lexus Test Driver

Another Update

So I've been contemplating if I should install a hitch or go with the roof rack in order to carry my bike. I wanted the ease of use of the hitch, but the more I look at the design, I know whichever hitch I get it will be covering my exhaust which I wouldn't like. It will also get in the way of the rear diffuser that I will be putting on.
Roof rack would be really the way to go, so I ordered the OEM roof rack from Lexus. Install was super easy as it is ready right off the box. Fitment and finish is great as expected. Overall, I'm happy with my decision and I think it looks great. It adds a lil more character to the car. Note, I haven't installed the bike carrier as I'm still waiting for some parts. But here it is:

Old 04-20-16, 05:02 PM
UtoyZ
Lexus Test Driver

I guess I wanted to take advantage of my only day off, so I ended up installing my Apexi Smart Throttle Controller. Install is pretty easy and straight forward. I had to remove the AC vent on the left of the steering wheel to get an access to the accessory slot so I could put the switch nice and clean. I needed to cut a hole for the wire. I imagine I just need to buy a new one once I decided to remove the controller and go back to stock.
For the accelerator part, I removed the 2 screws so I could remove the harness easier.
I haven't completely messed with all the settings but my plan is to always drive in High Throttle mode. That's the main reason why I bought this in the first place.

Quick Reply: Project Kara (My Supergirl)