Looking for a set of 20" aftermarket wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-16, 09:10 PM
Salazar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a set of 20" aftermarket wheels

Hey Guys,

Recent owner of a Black 2016 Lexus NX F-Sport. Looking for a set of 20" wheels and have only just really shopped around Tirerack. Don't have too much of a budget for it was hoping to get away with a set (wheels + tires) for under $2000.

With that said, came across the KMC KM691 on Tirerack and wanted to see if anyone had any experience with KMC.

The set with tires and wheels shipped to my door is right at $2000.

Also, strange that Tirerack is recommending a 235 tire for a 20x9. I imagine at least a 245 or 255 would be ideal for that width. Thoughts?

Last edited by Salazar; 02-28-16 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-29-16, 05:06 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

First welcome to the forum and congrats on your NX!

Can't comment on KMC but the weight is pretty good for the size.

As for the tire, the 235/45/20 is an exact match to the rolling diameter of the OEM size which is why (for mainly liability reasons) they recommend that. Many here went with 245 or 255, and for me (255) I wanted the look of a wider tire and taller tire profile to fill in the wheel gap better, despite the negligible increase in rolling diameter.

If you want a tire recommendation, get the Yokohama Parada Spec-X (255/45/20) for a quiet, smooth ride with great year-round traction, I find them arguably better than the Michelin 18" OEM tires. A couple other owners too in this forum as well as other owners for other vehicles across many forums agree.
Old 02-29-16, 07:00 AM
Salazar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
First welcome to the forum and congrats on your NX!

Can't comment on KMC but the weight is pretty good for the size.

As for the tire, the 235/45/20 is an exact match to the rolling diameter of the OEM size which is why (for mainly liability reasons) they recommend that. Many here went with 245 or 255, and for me (255) I wanted the look of a wider tire and taller tire profile to fill in the wheel gap better, despite the negligible increase in rolling diameter.

If you want a tire recommendation, get the Yokohama Parada Spec-X (255/45/20) for a quiet, smooth ride with great year-round traction, I find them arguably better than the Michelin 18" OEM tires. A couple other owners too in this forum as well as other owners for other vehicles across many forums agree.
Hey Corrado! Thanks for the welcoming really appreciate it. I've actually been following your Darth build for about a month or so since I also have a Black NX. First thing I got done was wrapping the chrome window trim and chrome trim around the front mesh grill (not a big fan of chrome ). Was thinking of getting the silver front splitter and roof rack wrapped in CF, but rims must come first!

So will a 20x9 +38 be close to being flush with the fender? I really like the flush look. I'm also a fan of a rounder tire sidewall so a slight stretch. Maybe 245 would be a good look for that. In regards to rolling diameter, I didn't think that applied to the actual tire width. Does that affect the odometer much going with a 245/255?

Old 02-29-16, 01:13 PM
VipVip
Rookie

I would always think twice on getting after market rims.
They look great for the first 2 years, you will have leaks after . Ive gotten some chrome rims in the past for 2 of my cars, nothing but trouble.

those black ones does look sweet.!
Old 02-29-16, 01:16 PM
Toneroni
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VipVip
I would always think twice on getting after market rims.
They look great for the first 2 years, you will have leaks after . Ive gotten some chrome rims in the past for 2 of my cars, nothing but trouble.

those black ones does look sweet.!
I'm finally done with aftermarket rims as well.
My last set wasn't even aftermarket but instead a set of 18" chrome A-spec rims on my TL lol.
NYC streets messed em up big time.
Old 03-06-16, 02:48 PM
Speedblade
Driver School Candidate

Here is someone else on the forum with the same wheels I believe if that gives you an idea of how they look.
Old 03-06-16, 07:24 PM
Salazar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Speedblade

Here is someone else on the forum with the same wheels I believe if that gives you an idea of how they look.
Oh that's great! Thanks. Do you know who the forum member is?
Old 03-07-16, 01:02 PM
Speedblade
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Salazar
Oh that's great! Thanks. Do you know who the forum member is?
Sorry I can't remember. I believe I got the picture from the aftermarket wheel thread or sticky introduction thread though.
Old 03-07-16, 08:24 PM
Glenn6one9
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Salazar
Hey Corrado! Thanks for the welcoming really appreciate it. I've actually been following your Darth build for about a month or so since I also have a Black NX. First thing I got done was wrapping the chrome window trim and chrome trim around the front mesh grill (not a big fan of chrome ). Was thinking of getting the silver front splitter and roof rack wrapped in CF, but rims must come first!

So will a 20x9 +38 be close to being flush with the fender? I really like the flush look. I'm also a fan of a rounder tire sidewall so a slight stretch. Maybe 245 would be a good look for that. In regards to rolling diameter, I didn't think that applied to the actual tire width. Does that affect the odometer much going with a 245/255?

Love how this turned out!! I'm not a fan of chrome either...How much was it to wrap the chrome trim??
Old 03-09-16, 09:29 PM
Salazar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Glenn6one9
Love how this turned out!! I'm not a fan of chrome either...How much was it to wrap the chrome trim??
Thanks! It was $200. I could of done it myself by buying the tape, and I've done it before on another vehicle. But it definitely takes some patience to do and would rather get it professionally done. Took him about 3 hours to do it.
Old 05-08-16, 09:31 AM
liquidmate
Driver School Candidate

Hey no problem! Because you sold them to me. Lol. Having them installed tomorrow at tires23 in Mississauga. Can't wait!!! I'll post some pics as soon as they are on.