NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

nx 200 interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-16, 05:53 AM
ray1951
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nx 200 interior

Thinking of getting the nx200 t lexus . Saw in the pkg info woodgrain trim but i dont see any photos or wheer you can pick this in the configure and price . Is woodgrain available or is it a misprint .

thanks ray . This would be my 4th Lexus and i have always had wood grain trim
Old 02-28-16, 06:08 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

There are two different wood like trims available in the US.
Old 02-28-16, 06:20 AM
ray1951
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mr645
There are two different wood like trims available in the US.
any photos of the interior with the wood trim cannot seem to locate any
Old 02-28-16, 06:25 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

go to www.lexus.com and use the build your car feature
Old 02-28-16, 09:17 AM
Koetsu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Only one wood trim is available in the USA. It is called 'Linear Black Shadow' wood interior trim and is available only with the Luxury trim option with black or black-creme interiors with leather seat rim. Not available with the F Sport. This wood trim may be viewed in pictures of the Luxury optioned interior featured in both the on-line and carbohydrate versions of the NX brochure. The Black Linear Shadow looks a lot like black walnut and has a very appealing appearance in sunlight. Frankly, I think that its appearance beats the heck out of the other door trims, but that is IMHO.
Old 02-28-16, 09:21 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

There is also Dark Umber available
Old 02-28-16, 11:16 AM
MikeW83
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe Dark Umber is a plastic finishing piece, I don't think it's real wood. Other markets have the option for Bamboo, but not in the US.

I circled the areas in red. They're on each door, and above the passenger side airbag. I picked the creme leather to show you, because I have the black leather with this wood trim, and even when you're in the car you don't really notice it to be honest. It doesn't stand out like in other models... However like Koetsu said above, it is very nice in sunlight. You see more of the silver metallic tones "pop" so to speak.

Lexus said they're going away from woods to attract a younger buying demographic. It certainly is a departure from the cherry stained walnut that is ALL over my ES

Old 02-29-16, 02:12 PM
dadofahusk
Rookie

its real wood
Old 02-29-16, 11:29 PM
MikeW83
Driver

I went to Lexus' international site and did some digging. The NX has only two wood options. The Linear Black Shadow (Shimamoku) and bamboo, which isn't for available in North America.

Dark Umber and Aluminum trims are listed as "films" meaning they're just an applique. It's not even called Dark Umber internationally. From the pattern, you can obviously tell up close it resembles Kevlar more than wood. Still nice though!

Old 03-01-16, 09:34 PM
VipVip
Rookie

Originally Posted by dadofahusk
its real wood

Ive cut the wood on the Lexus 1992. Its made of solid wood with steel plates . hard to cut through. I was instal a cd player display ( remember these )...
Old 03-03-16, 09:24 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeW83
...up close it resembles Kevlar more than wood....
Mine looks like carbon fiber which—to me—is much sweeter looking than "old person" wood.
Old 03-03-16, 11:29 PM
MikeW83
Driver

Originally Posted by NXOwner
Mine looks like carbon fiber which—to me—is much sweeter looking than "old person" wood.
Hahaha old person wood I've never actually seen Dark Umber up close. When I bought mine, I was in a similar one with the Luxe package, and an F-Sport with the aluminum trim... Although I have to say, I really dig the Linear Black shadow.

If anyone is interested, Lexus put out this video showing how a linear black shadow steering wheel takes 38 days to be made, and how's it's done! It's really nifty
Old 03-06-16, 06:57 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeW83
Hahaha old person wood I've never actually seen Dark Umber up close. When I bought mine, I was in a similar one with the Luxe package, and an F-Sport with the aluminum trim... Although I have to say, I really dig the Linear Black shadow.

If anyone is interested, Lexus put out this video showing how a linear black shadow steering wheel takes 38 days to be made, and how's it's done! It's really nifty
https://youtu.be/mabO5t5alK0
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Linear Black Shadow wood is not the same as the Shimamoku wood they use exclusively in the LS. Therefore, this extensive process of making the wood for the car depicted in the video does not apply to the wood used in the NX. They would only use that level of craftsmanship for parts in higher end models.
Old 03-08-16, 10:17 AM
Koetsu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Linear Black Shadow wood is not the same as the Shimamoku wood they use exclusively in the LS. Therefore, this extensive process of making the wood for the car depicted in the video does not apply to the wood used in the NX. They would only use that level of craftsmanship for parts in higher end models.
Well, the hand labor in making a beautiful steering wheel isn't used for an NX, but the steps in making the wood veneer and its finishing as an applique are almost identical. The Linear Black Shadow door trim is quite handsome. So .. let's not get too snobby.
Old 03-08-16, 01:02 PM
MikeW83
Driver

Originally Posted by dchar
Actually sir, I went to Lexus' International site again, (lists all possible combinations worldwide) and you're wrong. The wood in the NX is actually Shimamoku. Just renamed in other markets, like the US. I'll be the first to admit it is no where near as intricate or stunning as the Shima in the LS, for example. But it's still the same process to make our trims Probably just with less steps and painting as in the bigger cars.

Quick Reply: nx 200 interior