NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lease terms

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-16, 09:42 AM
Futpurch
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lease terms

What is the most mileage you can get in a lexus lease?

Typically when I lease cars I do the 15,000 per year.
Old 02-12-16, 10:14 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

The most it shows on their lease calculator (Lexus website, zip for CA) is 15k, 12k an option. I know they have lower, but I doubt they would go higher. Resale would be too risky.
Old 02-12-16, 10:27 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jim256
The most it shows on their lease calculator (Lexus website, zip for CA) is 15k, 12k an option. I know they have lower, but I doubt they would go higher. Resale would be too risky.
10K is also an option. No lower than that or higher than 15K that I saw, either online or at the dealership.
Old 02-12-16, 01:16 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Futpurch
What is the most mileage you can get in a lexus lease?

Typically when I lease cars I do the 15,000 per year.
The lease moderators on Edmunds state that you can prepay mileage in excess of 15k per year at the rate of .20 per mile...subtracted from residual.
Old 02-12-16, 06:38 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Simple version of the complicated answer is that LFS doesn't want the
residual to be below 23%. Adding miles reduces the residual. Different
cars start at different standard mile residuals. So you begin with the
normal numbers and add miles until you get to 23%. Cars with better
resale will allow for higher miles
Old 02-13-16, 06:19 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t
10K is also an option. No lower than that or higher than 15K that I saw, either online or at the dealership.
Not pertinent to the OP, but there is a 7500 option, at least in NC. I have that, turned in a '13 ES 300h
with 10k after 3 years, typical mileage for me.
Old 02-13-16, 06:23 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jim256
Not pertinent to the OP, but there is a 7500 option, at least in NC. I have that, turned in a '13 ES 300h
with 10k after 3 years, typical mileage for me.
Wow!
That is one expensive lease.

I've been there..

Last edited by Joeb427; 02-13-16 at 06:35 AM.
Old 02-13-16, 09:31 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Wow!
That is one expensive lease.

I've been there..
I've looked at it each time and have done several, the out of pocket is low compared to purchase, the upside is I don't need to worry about resale value being bad because of accident or other factor (I bought an Audi 5000 right before 60 Minutes), and I have gotten more than the residual on "trade" each time--a couple thousand or more applied to the next vehicle, because of the low miles and excellent condition. And the dealer wants the car. They usually sell them pretty quickly. I don't want to turn this into an argument for or against, just saying why I do it.
Old 02-16-16, 05:46 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

The dealer may have other sources for very low or very high milage leases. I now BMW offers a 5k leasing a friend leased a Chevy pick up with 20k miles per year
Old 02-16-16, 08:49 PM
Futpurch
Driver School Candidate

When I lease cars I have found that the cost per mile is cheaper with higher lease term. 15,000 isn't much because you are limited to about 40 miles per day.
Old 02-16-16, 09:14 PM
neilipo1
Driver School Candidate

Default 2016 200t suv lexus lease help ?new member 1st lease ever.

hello there just joined this morning... sorry if i am posting in the wrong space .. but i don't know how to post with new questions tath i have ... how do i post on this site ?

i need help with leasing new Lexus(2016 nx t suv ) . this will be my fist Lexus to lease i am scared. and do not wanted to be cheated . i will never go to Lexus again ....................

need help .. what do i look for in the lease papers/ how many docs do i have to sign? . do they let you review pre filled lease agreement at home before u sign. or have your lawyer review? is there a 3 day review before we can cancel the agreement before you take the car out- or take cars possession

i have a deal for 3 yr 30 k miles 20 k total out of pocket cost ...........
3 yr required 10k to 20k and 30k miles maintenance Lexus requires us to do ?
can you take to a local mechanic to have those done and still not violate any manufactures warranty / ?

when you go to these maintenance at the dealers do they force or push you to buy things that still are obviously used conditions - because you are driving the car .. such as tires and more .............
but change any way .. since they make money on selling everything ?

key things i should look for in the contract and ask b4 signing/ that should be in the lease to protect me / during the lease and after the lease is is over . should i get the gap insurance or any other insurance to protect me . i will get full car insurance any way cause it is a lease ....

they say there is a fees to return the car after the lease is over do have to pay that if i am not looking to re lease another brand new Lexus ? my goal is to lease for 3 to 5 yrs may be one more lease after this and than buy Lexus or Tesla ....
i am getting 3 yr 36 k lease for 20k 1 pay check lease can you help please.. from WY moving to DE state..
Old 02-16-16, 09:22 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

I have leased 3 new Lexus from Lexus of Santa Monica

Each were 20k miles / yr for 36 month term
Old 02-17-16, 04:45 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

Originally Posted by neilipo1
hello there just joined this morning... sorry if i am posting in the wrong space .. but i don't know how to post with new questions tath i have ... how do i post on this site ?

i need help with leasing new Lexus(2016 nx t suv ) . this will be my fist Lexus to lease i am scared. and do not wanted to be cheated . i will never go to Lexus again ....................
Do your homework on what you should be paying to lease the car you want. The salesman job is to sell you the car and make the most profit possible from you, and he is a professional at it
need help .. what do i look for in the lease papers/ how many docs do i have to sign? . do they let you review pre filled lease agreement at home before u sign. or have your lawyer review? is there a 3 day review before we can cancel the agreement before you take the car out- or take cars possession
You want to see what you are actually paying for the car, what the interest rate is, or money factor. Multiply the money factor by 2400 to get the interest rate. Also look at every fee and if your not sure what it is for, ask. Everything is negotiable. Some fees are there like a Battery and Tire fee which are paid to the US government for environmental impacts. A Destination fee is the cost of transportation from the place of manufacture or import to the dealer and is the same for every dealer in all 48 states. Your registration fee is paid to the state for the registration transfer, But things like prep fees dealer fees, paperwork fees and anything else that may even be pre printed on the sales contract are grouped together as ADP fees, ADP = Additional Dealer Profit
i have a deal for 3 yr 30 k miles 20 k total out of pocket cost ........... So at 10k miles per year, make sure that is enough miles for your typical use. Going over can get costly. $20k out of pocket seems a little high, I did a 3 yr 12k per yr lease on a 2015 NX F sport and my out of pocket will be just over $16,000. Perhaps your car has more equipment? My F sport does not have the Navigation system
3 yr required 10k to 20k and 30k miles maintenance Lexus requires us to do ?
can you take to a local mechanic to have those done and still not violate any manufactures warranty / ? No, you can service the car anywhere, although Lexus will probably do 2 services for free.

when you go to these maintenance at the dealers do they force or push you to buy things that still are obviously used conditions - because you are driving the car .. such as tires and more .............
but change any way .. since they make money on selling everything ? Most dealers make more money in service then selling new cars. However it is not likely that they will want to service items that are not needed. Read the owners manual for service requirements and double check prices at other mechanics. My Mercedes needed 2 rear tires and the dealer quoted me almost $700 for 2 new OEM Pirellis so I called a few places and got a quote for $480 for the same tires. The dealer matched their price

key things i should look for in the contract and ask b4 signing/ that should be in the lease to protect me / during the lease and after the lease is is over . should i get the gap insurance or any other insurance to protect me . i will get full car insurance any way cause it is a lease ....Most leases will include GAP coverage, so ask. Most lease companies require 100/300 coverage with deductibles no more then $1000

they say there is a fees to return the car after the lease is over do have to pay that if i am not looking to re lease another brand new Lexus ? my goal is to lease for 3 to 5 yrs may be one more lease after this and than buy Lexus or Tesla ....It is common to have a disposition fee, perhaps $350 or so, but watch, it can be much higher. This fee is generally waived if you go back and lease another Lexus
i am getting 3 yr 36 k lease for 20k 1 pay check lease can you help please.. from WY moving to DE state..Why pay the entire lease up front? Often lease rates are very low so the cost to borrow the money is cheap, it may not be worth tying up your money
I hope this provides some assistance
Old 02-17-16, 09:06 PM
Futpurch
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
I have leased 3 new Lexus from Lexus of Santa Monica

Each were 20k miles / yr for 36 month term
I will keep that in mind in a few years
Old 02-20-16, 06:00 AM
neilipo1
Driver School Candidate