NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

What else did you consider before NX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-16, 11:36 AM
online421
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Second hand SQ5 was one of hte consideration, but having owned an Audi before I know the servicing cost of it will be a total nightmare at where I am.

X3 was another consideration. I went for the NX because back in Aug 2015 the then model of X3 was a few years old, and I really liked the NX int/ext styling.

The Sales manager at Lexus recommended Macan to me if I decided not to go with the NX, saying they are the same price but no... Macan is a lot more expensive than NX. and that is the basic model, by the time you fitted the standard gadgetry onto Macan you are looking at a small fortune.

We have no infiniti here but even if we do I think I will still go with the Lexus.
Old 02-11-16, 08:03 PM
lexbabe
Rookie

IS350 Fsport but I went with the Nx200t Fsport instead.
Old 02-11-16, 09:12 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by online421
X3 was another consideration. I went for the NX because back in Aug 2015 the then model of X3 was a few years old, and I really liked the NX int/ext styling.
The X3 is the ugly duckling of the BMW X range!

X1 and X5 looks very nice though!

The Sales manager at Lexus recommended Macan to me if I decided not to go with the NX, saying they are the same price but no... Macan is a lot more expensive than NX. and that is the basic model, by the time you fitted the standard gadgetry onto Macan you are looking at a small fortune.
How much is a Macan in NZ? It starts here at AU$84K and a few options brings it to $120K. Add all the options on the NX to the Macan and it becomes an eye-watering $138,609.

We have no infiniti here but even if we do I think I will still go with the Lexus.
HAHA don't worry about Infiniti, they're not selling well here!

I know a guy who worked at Subaru and he went to Infiniti. There was a report last year that they only sold upwards of 200 cars in the entire calendar year. They'd be luck to sell 50 in NZ.
Old 02-14-16, 12:54 PM
online421
Rookie

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
The X3 is the ugly duckling of the BMW X range!

X1 and X5 looks very nice though!

How much is a Macan in NZ? It starts here at AU$84K and a few options brings it to $120K. Add all the options on the NX to the Macan and it becomes an eye-watering $138,609.

HAHA don't worry about Infiniti, they're not selling well here!

I know a guy who worked at Subaru and he went to Infiniti. There was a report last year that they only sold upwards of 200 cars in the entire calendar year. They'd be luck to sell 50 in NZ.
Agreed the X3 look like a duck, However most of driver/car magazine recommends/rates X3 very high, well at least higher than NX....

A base model Macan is 128K NZD, that is 120k AUD.... (exchange rate 0.93)

with options similar to NX F sport, it will be 164k NZD.... (for a Burmester 16 speakers system it cost $10k NZD!!!) which is 152K AUD.

This is bizarre because NZ/Australia are very similar in a lot of ways, however the average income in NZ is lower than Australia and yet car here is more expensive lol

and I hate to know how much Macan sells for in North America (ok I googled after I finished this reply, it cost $50k USD for base model - $79K NZD. almost half price lol)

Last edited by online421; 02-14-16 at 12:56 PM. Reason: more info
Old 02-18-16, 11:41 AM
tommytqt
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Could anyone can tell me how is the Q5 different compare to the NX? and which one would you choose? Thanks much
Old 02-19-16, 05:00 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

I think the Q5 is a bit larger then the NX. I drove the Q3 and NX and actually preferred the Q3 but when it came down to buying the Audi, there was no vehicle available with the options I wanted, Audi Sport and 19" wheel package, that did not also have a lot more options and pushed the car beyond my price range.
Old 02-19-16, 06:08 AM
tommytqt
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

yeah what's up with that? always limited car to test or buy with Audi. The price/cost to fix it i heard is crazy too compare to reliable lexus.
Old 02-19-16, 06:28 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

My rule with European cars, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, VW... I would like a lease equal to the warranty length
Old 02-19-16, 08:58 AM
Koetsu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr645
My rule with European cars, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, VW... I would like a lease equal to the warranty length
Folks can do what they want, but I'd personally stay away from any Volkswagen Group product at this time. The diesel emissions scandal and cover up situation is getting worse (it includes Audi and Porsche) and I cannot trust a company that deliberately set out to defraud their customers.

"Truth in engineering". Hmmm. A new sales slogan is needed, I think.
Old 02-19-16, 07:40 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Koetsu
Folks can do what they want, but I'd personally stay away from any Volkswagen Group product at this time. The diesel emissions scandal and cover up situation is getting worse (it includes Audi and Porsche) and I cannot trust a company that deliberately set out to defraud their customers.

"Truth in engineering". Hmmm. A new sales slogan is needed, I think.
If I'm not buying an Audi with a Diesel engine I'm not particularly worried about it. The 3.0 Supercharged engine is a gem, and I would go with that in the Q5 in a heartbeat. And just maybe the scandal will make their car prices much easier to negotiate.

I do agree with you about the sales slogan.
Old 02-20-16, 06:02 AM
Koetsu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
If I'm not buying an Audi with a Diesel engine I'm not particularly worried about it. The 3.0 Supercharged engine is a gem, and I would go with that in the Q5 in a heartbeat. And just maybe the scandal will make their car prices much easier to negotiate.

To clarify, I would not personally buy from Volkswagen at all. It is a matter of principle. They are dishonest, to put it mildly. And, one should ask one's self what other compromises have been incorporated into their cars that will reveal themselves over time. And, as a practical matter, depreciation may become worse as the scandal plays out.
Old 02-20-16, 06:47 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2

As a more than satisfied Audi owner I cringe at the truth in engieering slogan. If they haven't already, they really should pull it.
Old 02-20-16, 09:37 AM
skabei
Driver

Originally Posted by Koetsu
To clarify, I would not personally buy from Volkswagen at all. It is a matter of principle. They are dishonest, to put it mildly. And, one should ask one's self what other compromises have been incorporated into their cars that will reveal themselves over time. And, as a practical matter, depreciation may become worse as the scandal plays out.
Once you start thinking about the culture and ethics of Volkswagen, things get hairy.
Here's an interesting article:
http://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/...t-labour-camps

While I'm generally more skeptical about VW cars now, I'm not really worried about reliability or safety. But I don't think I could ever consider VW to be an eco-friendly company that cares about the environment. With the push to hybrids and electric cars, I think VW is going to further lose out there.
Old 02-20-16, 01:37 PM
Mr645
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexBob2
As a more than satisfied Audi owner I cringe at the truth in engieering slogan. If they haven't already, they really should pull it.
They need to pull the "Clean Diesel" slogan as well. Oh, I guess they pulled all Diesel