NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

What else did you consider before NX?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-16, 07:26 AM
MikeW83
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tsturbo
I am just not 100% sold on 4cylinder turbos, yes they are fun to drive but city driving usually sucks (MPG's) because you have your foot in it trying to get power out of an I4, the raw power and growl of the 3.7 V6 in my current MDX puts a smile on my face!
I find the NX peppy enough off the line not to really have that problem. I was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic yesterday.The best part, my MPG's only went down .2

If you mash the pedal, you're going to get crap mileage no matter what you drive, as we all know. The NX does really well coasting/minimal throttle input due to the Atkinson cycle kicking. You can get 35+ MPG's at 30-40mph if you learn how to balance the pedal. It still has sufficient power to get you through the city. Certainly not a fast car, but for urban driving it does the job well
Old 01-31-16, 08:38 AM
hwitten
Driver School Candidate

Thank you all... don't stop.

Went back for a sit-in, in the MKX and after a bit of time, took it off my list.
Felt bigger than I remember during weekend test drive. Did not feel as comfortable anymore.

Going to checkout the '16 X1. Hadn't really given the X1 much thought but since many of you did I thought I better take a peek.

Other than that, NX only one left on my list, for now. Hoping for another NX test drive later this week.

Kinda' nice shopping around when I don't really need to. On the other hand I figure trading the Santa Fe with 20k of warranty left might fetch better price.
Old 01-31-16, 09:21 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by hwitten
Thank you all... don't stop.

Went back for a sit-in, in the MKX and after a bit of time, took it off my list.
Felt bigger than I remember during weekend test drive. Did not feel as comfortable anymore.

Going to checkout the '16 X1. Hadn't really given the X1 much thought but since many of you did I thought I better take a peek.

Other than that, NX only one left on my list, for now. Hoping for another NX test drive later this week.

Kinda' nice shopping around when I don't really need to. On the other hand I figure trading the Santa Fe with 20k of warranty left might fetch better price.
Have you looked at the MKC? It's closer in size to the NX and others than the MKZ. I sat in each of them last week (didn't test drive either). Both were nice but the MKC was sized right for me..
Old 01-31-16, 09:46 AM
hwitten
Driver School Candidate

You're right... MKC is sized perfectly. Drives/Rides nice too.

Simply too short on new Tech, which is my main reason for wanting a new vehicle.
Perhaps MY17 will be different, but I doubt it.
Old 02-02-16, 03:55 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Simply too short on new Tech, which is my main reason for wanting a new vehicle.
Well, to be honest, the Escape is getting additional new tech for MY '17 so for the MKC to continue to differentiate itself from its cousin, it should also get additional new tech.
Old 02-02-16, 09:10 AM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm surprised about your thought that it is short on new tech. The one I drove had everything I could think of including things like lane keeping assist, self parking, drive mode control, radar cruise control, blind spot monitor, cross traffic warning, etc. What's missing?
Steve
Old 02-02-16, 09:42 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by oldcajun
I'm surprised about your thought that it is short on new tech. The one I drove had everything I could think of including things like lane keeping assist, self parking, drive mode control, radar cruise control, blind spot monitor, cross traffic warning, etc. What's missing?
Steve
360 degree camera view!
Old 02-02-16, 10:44 AM
Koetsu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you all seen the CR frequency of repair data/rating for the new MKC? It is enough to make one think thrice about buying one. I saw an new MKX at the Detroit International Auto Show. None of the body side creases were aligned well. Ford has a bit of work to do.
Old 02-02-16, 10:53 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by oldcajun
Steve
I recently looked at the available tech on the MKC and it seemed comprehensive. Nearly everything in the Luxury Compact CUV segment is offering a wide variety of new technology.
Old 02-02-16, 11:33 AM
hwitten
Driver School Candidate

MKC has no LED headlights, adaptive or otherwise, no HUD, no pre-collision.
I have hopes for MY17 due to what Escape seems to be getting. Should know soon as per grapevine.
Old 02-03-16, 08:06 PM
hwitten
Driver School Candidate

X1 off my list. Had one for 3 hours this evening. Took it back an hour early.

Seats not only too narrow but the handle that makes the thigh adjustment ended up being very obtrusive and the extended seat portion is not very well padded. Simply not comfortable.

Heading to Lexus dealer tomorrow to do a refresher/recap on 200t regular
Old 02-04-16, 11:21 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

I just started the process of looking for a replacement for our Q5. I don't mind doing the research. It's fun and interesting to see what is out there in the segment. It's a good time to be a consumer. With the competition there isn't really a bad one in the bunch. I'm not particularly brand loyal, so the field is wide open right now. Currently on my radar in the new GLC and the upcoming '17 Audi Allroad wagon, but my radar changes regularly.
Old 02-09-16, 03:58 PM
hwitten
Driver School Candidate

The deed is done. The winner: NX200t - Executive - Atomic Silver.

Expected delivery: April.

Last edited by hwitten; 02-09-16 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Forgot Color
Old 02-09-16, 04:20 PM
JayRo354
Rookie

Considered an X3. The dealer experience was not the same and the interior did not sell me on the idea of making it something to own. Went back to my Lexus dealer and picked up the NX200T F sport with red and black interior. Done deal.
Old 02-09-16, 06:05 PM
LNXT200
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a camry, but wanted a SUV, considered the is250 but decided for the NX200t, no regrets.

Quick Reply: What else did you consider before NX?