NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Jaywalker intentionally hits my NX...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-16, 08:48 PM
jdt
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Jaywalker intentionally hits my NX...

Off topic but just wanted to share something...

Was traveling down a small street going speed limit and getting ready to make a right turn at the intersection on a green light. Noticed this old man with his wife waiting to cross on their red light. As I'm approaching the intersection I was slow and cautious and the couple were still on the sidewalk. As i start turning the couple start walking into the middle of the road and the man decides to hit my rear hatch with his bag. Pulled over to the side and checked for any damages and confronted him. He had the audacity to say...."I'm old, i can do whatever I want. Is the punishment for jaywalking really a death penalty?" This man clearly admitted he was at fault...and with some more verbal assaults between him and myself, both parties just continued on. As I got back in the car and drove pass him, he yells out...."Nice car by the way!"

Moral of the story....drive with caution around senile people with your NX.
Old 01-21-16, 08:52 PM
MikeW83
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had similar things happen! No matter what luxury brand you buy, it seems people think that you're some kind of douche automatically now. This happened a lot more when I had my Audi A8. One of the many reasons I actually went back to Lexus.
Or, that they can just cut you off in traffic, because you won't risk your precious luxury car getting damaged. Hate this crap... Sorry to hear it, my man!
Old 01-22-16, 12:11 AM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ugh, I hate these sort of people.

Aren't these people scared that they would be hit? I would never intentionally hit someones car mostly due to the fact that I may get hit more than my own morals.
Old 01-22-16, 05:46 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Sad situation. My pet peeve is people's entitlement on the road where they are not, whether cyclists, pedestrians, and even drivers.
Old 01-22-16, 06:10 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

My thought on part of the matter (not directed toward anyone here specifically):

If you drive your car like a maniac - weaving in and out, cutting people off or not letting them merge, or constantly cursing at other drivers - you're headed toward an early death by heart attack or stroke. Cherish the few years you have left.