Getting a NX - a few questions for you owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-16, 01:26 PM
asianmoomo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a NX - a few questions for you owners

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are looking into getting a new NX200t. A few questions for you folks since I couldn't really find a direct answer.

- Aside from preference on looks, is the F-Sport worth the extra cash? In addition, is the suspension really different from the non f-sport or is it all software programming the stiffness of the F-Sport suspension?

- As I spec out the NX on lexus website, it would not allow me to add the Premium package with comfort package. Can someone confirm if the premium package INCLUDES the features from the comfort package?

- Does all NX come with sunroof and fog lights? I've seen some fog lights are LED..i am assuming that's the middle lighting package (with the full Nike swoosh)? If i do not get the Nike Swoosh middle lighting package, will the normal fog light also light up the corners when I turn the steering wheel while making a turn?

- does the premium sound system sound that much better than the normal one? and can one get that premium sound system without the Navi?

- last question (Thanks guys!) - if I do not get the navigation, is it true that i will get the normal lexus control **** instead of the touchpad?

Thanks so much! I've tried talking to some dealership folks and they were not as knowledgeable...i figure the forum will be best to ask these questions with honest responses.
Old 01-21-16, 02:42 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

F sport is a cosemetic in the US. in Canada it comes with AVS, which slightly makes it handle nicer but dont expect it to be a corner carver.

-Sunroof is optional. Fog lights standard (led maybe optional)
-Use NADA guides or trucar type site to see what packages are chooseable
-if you want the works, opt for T Beam. Premium DRL gets u a complete swoosh. base no swoosh
-Lexus stereo sounds fine. Premium audio is dependent on how much it matters to you and how long you spend in the NX.
-I dont know about the **** vs touchpad. I think Lexus w/o N is **** but have not seen an NX without touchpad.
Old 01-21-16, 04:15 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by asianmoomo
Aside from preference on looks, is the F-Sport worth the extra cash? In addition, is the suspension really different from the non f-sport or is it all software programming the stiffness of the F-Sport suspension?
I see that you are in "CA" which I am assuming that means California, USA.

I believe that US models don't get AVS and SPORT+ modes on the drive select so there won't be suspension differences. However you will get that lovely grill and other F Sport features.

As I spec out the NX on lexus website, it would not allow me to add the Premium package with comfort package. Can someone confirm if the premium package INCLUDES the features from the comfort package?
Sorry, don't live in the USA

Does all NX come with sunroof and fog lights? I've seen some fog lights are LED..i am assuming that's the middle lighting package (with the full Nike swoosh)? If i do not get the Nike Swoosh middle lighting package, will the normal fog light also light up the corners when I turn the steering wheel while making a turn?
I wouldn't think that all of them come with the sunroof (or rather the glass moonroof). All on the NX's here in Australia come with LED foglights, but the US has a different foglight reflector on the non-F Sport models. I would assume they are all LED too?

does the premium sound system sound that much better than the normal one? and can one get that premium sound system without the Navi?
So in the US, you get the standard audio and the upgraded 10 speaker Pioneer system.
In Australia we get the 10 speaker Pioneer as standard and the 14 speaker Mark Levinson as the upgrade.

I have only listen to the Mark Levinson fitted in my NX, but from what I've heard from people the Pioneer one puts out more bass. I can't compared it to the standard offered in the US since we don't get that one here.

last question (Thanks guys!) - if I do not get the navigation, is it true that i will get the normal lexus control **** instead of the touchpad?
I think so. I think the UI on the infotainment screen also look a bit different to accommodate the ****.
Old 01-21-16, 05:11 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

To add to above, US F Sport models do also get their own springs and dampers, which are a little firmer than non F Sport.

Cornering LED fog lamps only come on the F Sport.

Display Audio Controller (DAC) comes equipped on non-NAV models only. It's a very precise input controller speaking from CT and IS experience. See: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ml#post8877222

Premium DRLs do not mean Premium LED headlamps. The latter is also an option. See:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ml#post8624781
Old 01-21-16, 05:16 PM
asianmoomo
Rookie

Thanks for the replies everyone - Yes, I live in California.

Ahh now im torn..i don't want the navigation cause of the remote touch....but the only way to get the premium sound system is with the navigation. ahhhhh.
Old 01-21-16, 08:44 PM
MikeW83
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly, the touch pad isn't that bad once you get used to it. It's certainly not the best, but after a week it becomes second nature. Not to mention you never really see a NX without it, so not getting Nav could potentially ding you on resale/residual. just my humble opinion.... Also Lexus switching to HD-Radio based nav traffic from SiriusXM traffic is a HUGE plus. You have a feature now, that isn't subscription dependent.

Make sure you and the wife sit in the F-Sport for at least 30-45 minutes straight. Take it for a long test drive, don't get out right away, etc. I found the seat bolsters to be too much, and cut into my butt! lol So I got the non-F model. Take the time and see if they are going to be comfortable for you guys on longer trips and daily driving. There's an entire thread about the sharp bolsters on these F seats.

Keep us posted with what you ended up getting!
Old 01-22-16, 10:01 AM
asianmoomo
Rookie

Thanks! Is that what I feel on the F-Sport? I love the F-Sport and the side bolsters on the seat...but everytime I sit in it, I feel that the seats are too narrow and I feel that my butt is too big for the seats...
Old 01-22-16, 11:12 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Thanks! Is that what I feel on the F-Sport? I love the F-Sport and the side bolsters on the seat...but everytime I sit in it, I feel that the seats are too narrow and I feel that my butt is too big for the seats...
The F Sport seats for some of us are firm and initially intrusive but it gets better over time. See here for more info: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...fort-poll.html

Thanks for the replies everyone - Yes, I live in California.

Ahh now im torn..i don't want the navigation cause of the remote touch....but the only way to get the premium sound system is with the navigation. ahhhhh.
As for the RTI Touchpad, the input controller although not as precise as the DAC kbob, it still works rather well. Keep in mind much of the Infotainment controls can also be handled via the steering wheel controls and/or speech recognition. You can also tweak the RTI Touchpad. See here for more info: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ay-or-nay.html
Old 01-22-16, 01:53 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

BTW on an NX without Navigation if you crank the console **** around to Info and press down
you will see Weather and Traffic. Select Traffic and press down. Lo and behold a map of the
surrounding area with current real time traffic conditions shown in Red/Yellow/Green corridors!
It does not provide for input to Point B but certainly shows if the path is "Clean and Green"...
Info is provided by HD and is free forever.
Old 01-22-16, 04:03 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nice find !
Old 01-22-16, 08:14 PM
MikeW83
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem! Which is a real shame, because I love the front clip on the F-Sport. I think I made the right call choosing my comfort over something I can only look at from the driveway or garage It all boils down to personal preference...
Old 01-23-16, 11:25 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Well, I think I will add my 2 cents on the touchpad love here. I think it's AWFUL! No matter how much I try to tweek the sensitivity the cursor jumps all over the place. I'm sorry I got the Nav. The NAV system to me is also hard to learn so I'm not using much. This is the first factory Nav I've had and the last. My Garmin was much easier to use and it always got me to where I wanted to go.

Otherwise, the NX is a great vehicle if it fits your size needs. Good luck on your decision.
Old 01-24-16, 06:15 AM
1halifax
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mcomer
BTW on an NX without Navigation if you crank the console **** around to Info and press down
you will see Weather and Traffic. Select Traffic and press down. Lo and behold a map of the
surrounding area with current real time traffic conditions shown in Red/Yellow/Green corridors!
It does not provide for input to Point B but certainly shows if the path is "Clean and Green"...
Info is provided by HD and is free forever.
I guess this must be US only as my Canadian one only has fuel comsumption under info.
Old 01-25-16, 02:25 PM
asianmoomo
Rookie

Thanks for all the comments folks - I just put in my order!

2016 NX 200t
FWD
Ultra White on Red
F-Sport
Premium Package
Pre-Collision System
Navigation
Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Old 01-25-16, 04:30 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F