NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Getting a NX - a few questions for you owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-16, 08:33 AM
SteveDeech
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I guess we have a difference of opinion as to what is a positive and negative comment. A negative comment is the car has a harsh ride, very noisy ride., cabin not quiet etc. Your comment was the car is not even worth considering other than it's reliability and cheap to run. For that matter you could have saved 10K or better and buy a Rav 4 or any other reliable car. You bought a Lexus because of it's brand recognition and that you would n't be caught dead is the lesser brands. There is good and bad in every brand I don't care what car it is. So than if the German cars are so superior, than why didn't you buy one instead of the NX.

As for being insulted that you don't like something that I like. I don't even know you. Any Lexus owner would be insulted by your remark.
Old 03-29-16, 01:29 PM
SteveDeech
Driver

Originally Posted by Pinhead
I agree. In a Lexus, you do get better bang for your buck. I never said otherwise. But that or reliability isn't the only reason to consider a car or make it a good car. Again, another topic for another time.

Did you even read what I posted above or you cannot get the past that someone is badmouthing something you spent your money on. LOL
Trust me, I have never bought a car based on the opinion of someone else. I buy a car to satisfy myself and no one else. Your opinion of the car has not changed my mind about the NX or any other Lexus. In my opinion and that's the only opinion that counts, Lexus is an outstanding product and one that be counted on for many years of service. I have bought many cars over my life time and it always what tons of research has told me in making my final decision no matter what the brand is.

In the end, you are entitled to your opinion as I am of mine. That's what makes the world go round. I will not be responding to anymore on this thread.
Old 03-31-16, 07:19 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

i think he gave a really good explanation on his stance in post 31 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ml#post9424648). it's strongly opinionated and it should be -- he has every right to express his opinions freely and no, i don't feel that he is trolling at all.

the thread needs to end before it becomes a catfight.
Old 03-31-16, 08:05 AM
SteveDeech
Driver

Originally Posted by davyjordi
i think he gave a really good explanation on his stance in post 31 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ml#post9424648). it's strongly opinionated and it should be -- he has every right to express his opinions freely and no, i don't feel that he is trolling at all.

the thread needs to end before it becomes a catfight.
If you look at my last response it clearly says that I will no longer respond to this thread.
Old 03-31-16, 10:40 AM
asianmoomo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting back on topic...

Does anyone have a dash mat for their Lexus? I know it's old school and some consider it to be ugly, but I have one in my FRS and it is wonderful.

The only concern I have is the NX has a red interior and a dash mat might cover the red...unless I order a red dash mat...which might be overkill...thoughts?
Old 03-31-16, 12:34 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by asianmoomo
Does anyone have a dash mat for their Lexus? I know it's old school and some consider it to be ugly, but I have one in my FRS and it is wonderful.

The only concern I have is the NX has a red interior and a dash mat might cover the red...unless I order a red dash mat...which might be overkill...thoughts?
I would get a dash mat to protect the dash from the sun, apparently it gets so hot down here that a Toyota Camry's dash melted under the hot Australian sun!

But, what are sash mats for? you don't step on it...
Old 03-31-16, 02:27 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveDeech
If you look at my last response it clearly says that I will no longer respond to this thread.
Ha! So, we can't trust you now?

I'm just bustin' on ya. (you asked for it!)
Old 05-14-16, 11:54 AM
asianmoomo
Rookie

The car finally arrived yesterday and it is great!!!! Smooth and comfortable. Sound system is great. The only two gripes i have with it are minor: the OEM All weather floor mats are flimsy and the rear middle seat belt is a pain to use and put back...aside from that, my wife and i are two happy campers!
Old 05-15-16, 10:10 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by asianmoomo
The car finally arrived yesterday and it is great!!!! Smooth and comfortable. Sound system is great. The only two gripes i have with it are minor: the OEM All weather floor mats are flimsy and the rear middle seat belt is a pain to use and put back...aside from that, my wife and i are two happy campers!
I recommend these mats. They are much more durable and work very well.

Last edited by NXOwner; 05-15-16 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-17-16, 06:04 PM
asianmoomo
Rookie

Originally Posted by NXOwner
I recommend these mats. They are much more durable and work very well.
Thanks for the info! I will check them out