Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Congrats! ETA in ~ 3 months?

Yup, approximately 3.5 months!!

I also added Mudflaps, Cargo net and mat, & rear bumper protector
Old 03-26-16, 01:52 PM
asianmoomo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woot woot! The wife's NX is on transport from Japan!! Another couple of weeks I assume!
Old 03-26-16, 05:35 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Pinhead
Touchpad is tragically bad, and I've had extensive experience with BMW's 1st gen iDrive. I'll almost take anything over the touchpad. That lexus touchpad junk is a rear-end accident waiting to happen.
Suspension is nothing spectacular, its a Lexus trying to be sporty so its neither sporty or comfortable.
Seats get more comfortable over time or time to hit them legs at the gym and tone them up.
If you get F-sport, oddly you lose some features even though its the more expensive package, like ventilated seats, rain sensing wipers. Coming from only German cars, this is weird.

Japanese cars are weird, Im taking the NX for what it is and enjoying it, but I won't be buying another Japanese car or Lexus again.
I agree what you say, although my F Sport has ventilated seats and rain sensing wipers. I don't know what Lexus is doing to the American market.

Besides that, I think every car has compromises. The Lexus may not tick all the boxes that the Germans have, but at the end on the day, the Lexus will work fine for 10 years no problem (I have no doubt) and the German you'll be lucky for it not to give you a big bill at the end of 3 years.
Old 03-26-16, 06:07 PM
miop4000
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
I agree what you say, although my F Sport has ventilated seats and rain sensing wipers. I don't know what Lexus is doing to the American market.

Besides that, I think every car has compromises. The Lexus may not tick all the boxes that the Germans have, but at the end on the day, the Lexus will work fine for 10 years no problem (I have no doubt) and the German you'll be lucky for it not to give you a big bill at the end of 3 years.
Totally agree. You'll sleep with the German but marry thr Lexus.
Old 03-26-16, 10:02 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Reliability and operating cost is why I bought the Lexus in the end, we needed a beater car that can go anywhere do anything for more then 5 years. I knew what I was getting into and I wanted a car to absolutely not care about. I have other cars like the M4 and Macan GTS to keep me happy while the NX will do Costco runs and transport the pets.

If the NA market Lexus NX200t offered everything possible like HUD, Mark Levinson, and surround view, I might have skipped the Macan GTS.

A fully loaded NX200t is just pathetic. Missing too many features and the drivetrain is 5 years behind anything German. Actually everything about Lexus is a few years behind.
You live a much more luxurious lifestyle than me. My NX is my "nice" car and my pets all go in a 8 year old Corolla. I am reluctant to even take my NX to Costco.

I don't think the hybrid drivetrain is years behind the competition. The 200t.... maybe.

The Porsche is not the same league as the Lexus though. It's a level higher than BMW/Benz/Audi/Lexus.
Old 03-27-16, 05:57 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Touchpad is tragically bad, and I've had extensive experience with BMW's 1st gen iDrive. I'll almost take anything over the touchpad. That lexus touchpad junk is a rear-end accident waiting to happen.
Suspension is nothing spectacular, its a Lexus trying to be sporty so its neither sporty or comfortable.
Seats get more comfortable over time or time to hit them legs at the gym and tone them up.
If you get F-sport, oddly you lose some features even though its the more expensive package, like ventilated seats, rain sensing wipers. Coming from only German cars, this is weird.

Japanese cars are weird, Im taking the NX for what it is and enjoying it, but I won't be buying another Japanese car or Lexus again.
did you neither research nor test drive the car?
Old 03-27-16, 01:40 PM
miop4000
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

You live a much more luxurious lifestyle than me. My NX is my "nice" car and my pets all go in a 8 year old Corolla. I am reluctant to even take my NX to Costco.

I don't think the hybrid drivetrain is years behind the competition. The 200t.... maybe.

The Porsche is not the same league as the Lexus though. It's a level higher than BMW/Benz/Audi/Lexus.
Wouldn't be too impressed when Americans mouth off about their cars. Remember they pay a fraction of the price we do in Aussie rip off land.

A Porsche GTS, taking into account the exchange rate, is less than my fully loaded NX f-sport. Sad but true.

Americans also tend to lease their cars as they get amazing lease deals.
Old 03-27-16, 09:15 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by miop4000
Americans also tend to lease their cars as they get amazing lease deals.
I believe it was the February issue of Car & Driver that stated 58% of all new Lexus autos in the US are leases. I had no idea it was that high. The lease rate is even higher for some brands and is generally higher as the average price goes up. My problem with leases is that it just seems like renting a car - the payments don't ever stop and there isn't any ownership. With that said, it does seem like some of the lease deals I've seen advertised recently look pretty sweet and would be much lower than payments if financing the entire cost of the car.
Old 03-27-16, 10:09 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ward6096
IMy problem with leases is that it just seems like renting a car - the payments don't ever stop and there isn't any ownership.
Can't you buy back the car at the end of the lease period?
Old 03-28-16, 08:36 AM
ishimoto
Driver School Candidate

Very true. Its cheaper to buy cars in America than it is in anywhere else in the world. Macan GTS is cheaper in America than it is in Stuttgart, Germany. NX out the door was around $48,000. GTS final price was $89,000. While the NX200t is fully loaded even with triple beam and AWD, its half the price of my mildy optioned GTS. We have it lucky here in the states.

We also do get amazing lease deals tho, but I don't believe in lease or financing on depreciating assets like cars.
My NX 300h Executive is full loaded, with MarkLevinson, Panorama-roof, 360 Camera, HUD, Heat and Ventilated Seats, bought in Europe. Price USD 78,000.- . so i can't complain about the car. but it is much pricier then in the US, because the Tax here is so high.

And I love my NX, but maybe if it had't all the feature, maybe i would think different.

Also for the Trackpad, i am 20 year Mac user, so no issue with that.
Old 03-28-16, 09:12 AM
asianmoomo
Rookie

Reliability and operating cost is why I bought the Lexus in the end, we needed a beater car that can go anywhere do anything for more then 5 years. I knew what I was getting into and I wanted a car to absolutely not care about. I have other cars like the M4 and Macan GTS to keep me happy while the NX will do Costco runs and transport the pets.

If the NA market Lexus NX200t offered everything possible like HUD, Mark Levinson, and surround view, I might have skipped the Macan GTS.

A fully loaded NX200t is just pathetic. Missing too many features and the drivetrain is 5 years behind anything German. Actually everything about Lexus is a few years behind.
Wow - you are definitely living the luxury life or you treat your pets really well. we work hard to get the lexus so we are quite proud of it.

Although you might prefer german cars and compare the NX to the Macan, the Macan's price point is much higher and is in a different spectrum. the NX faces competitors like the Q5, GLC/ GLA, acura RDX and QX30.

Seems like you are quite well off - so my question is, why would you care about reliability and cost of ownership when you can easily just lease another german vehicle and have all maintenance covered, and not worry about long time ownership/reliability?

better yet, why get the NX and not a cheaper 'beater' such as a CR-V, RAV4, Tuscon, etc?
Old 03-28-16, 01:05 PM
Koetsu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lexus judged overall best luxury brand by KBB for 2016. The Germans are just also rans ...

http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/brand-im...overall-brand/
Old 03-28-16, 05:30 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Can't you buy back the car at the end of the lease period?
Absolutely, but I'll bet most people that lease are going to trade in at the end of the lease. Conversely, if they do buy out the lease, what kind of terms would they be looking at, a five year loan? So it is potentially an 8 or 9 year payoff when looking at the payments on the lease? As I have never leased a vehicle, it just "feels" wrong to me but I could easily be mistaken. Perhaps someone who leases can educate us both?
Old 03-28-16, 05:57 PM
SteveDeech
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I did, I don't regret my purchase. I knew what I was getting into, but the Lexus reliability and low operating cost was the biggest deciding factor. Without it, this car is not even worth considering.
Then stop badmouthing the car. It is insulting to those like myself who really love the car. Obviously it was worth considering because you bought it and Lexus is known for it's outstanding reliability which is why most buy a car. You don't see the German cars at the top of the list on reliability.
Old 03-29-16, 01:52 AM
Olasek
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

A German car I cannot, but I will continue buying them because for myself and what I want out of a car, they are far superior.
I happen to disagree and I have owned 2 BMWs.
In my opinion, you get more technology per $1 in Lexus than in BMW. Apart from reliability Lexus is better designed and better finished (again per $1) since price is a very important part of the whole equation.

Quick Reply: Getting a NX - a few questions for you owners