NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

2016 NX Base Model Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-16, 04:39 PM
brook41
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

+1 I went with the 2016 Silver Lining Metallic base as well because the dealer had only fully loaded with Navi, which I did not want. During the F Sport test drive I asked the salesman how the non F Sport handled. He admitted that he could not tell the difference so I went with the base . My wife and I both like the look of the F Sport , but at over 47k I didn't need it that bad. I picked the car up on the 14th and overall I am very pleased. My biggest concern was blind spots , Lexus did A great job designing the side mirrors and the rearview camera comes standard.
Old 02-05-16, 05:37 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the Navigation gets the Remote Touch while the non-nav models get the control ****.

Interestingly, there is a German spec NX that has the control **** with the navigation.
Old 02-06-16, 07:34 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by chandlervt
Didn't know Canadians options are different.

There are lot of people like me who would rather not pay for it if they are not using it but want good reliable car with good service. Thats the reason I bought Lexus. Lexus does not have a "badge" value like Merc or BMW. For me, I was tired of Toyota and Honda service and their BS sales.
In any case, options are a quick way to depreciate a car because of the margins. They are good to have if you see value in them. I don't see value in them. I got a base version nx and my trade-in value of car is higher than what I paid for it. Did the same with CT200h. Used it for 3 years, and still retained 70% of what I paid for it.

Most new base models have so many features in them that you don't need to pay extra. I would have loved the comfort package but at the time of purchase dealer was selling base with few options or loaded. I am definitely not paying for packages I don't need. Navigation is probably the worst thing for me for 2 reasons - maps get outdated really fast around Texas and stupid Lexus controller which I just hate. Manufacturers should just allow miracast or something equivalent and get rid of navigations altogether. THAT I am willing to pay for (Even 2016 accord has it )
I didn't buy a base model, but just wanted to comment that while Lexus may be a few steps behind in terms of prestigious with regard to its teutonic rivals, it certainly has a whole lot of marque cachet. lexus is indeed a tier-one luxury automaker along with MB, BMW and Audi even though it might not, again as stated, have the same level of prestige as the two former. It isn't by any means terribly far behind, though.
Old 02-07-16, 01:28 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by solofgreen
Since I started the thread, I'll provide an update. I took delivery of a 2016 Atomic Silver NX - Base Model. I'm in Canada so it certainly comes with most of the nice features. The upscale features are all things I like but a person has to settle on a price point. I'm happy with the NX. I traded my RX hybrid. There is a size different but not much. Great SUV. Thanks again for the information.
Awesome. Good for you to sticking to what you needed. Congrats and enjoy your new NX. Post pics if you haven't in the sticky PICS thread.

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
I thought the Navigation gets the Remote Touch while the non-nav models get the control ****.

Interestingly, there is a German spec NX that has the control **** with the navigation.
I'd like to see this as something doesn't add up.
Old 02-07-16, 02:12 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

honestly don't get the base the premium will benefit in the long run with nav heated and ventilated seats blind spot monitoring and all of that, it also makes the car safer with the pre collision system and the other features you could opt for... but if you really don't want to the base is just going to feel like the RX you have now