NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Comparison when purchasing

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-16, 08:43 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The chances of Cadillac offering a V version of that are about as possible as see a NX-F.

There are far more people that go WOOOOOOOO Turbo 2.0!!!! compared to those who want real performance. Due to that, its just not financially reasonable to produce it. Porsche can make high hp versions because they have a VERY specific demographic of owners who are buying a Porsche for a reason.

But really, you could play the game. For $50k you get a NX, and then for another $60k you get a 2017 ZL1 making 640hp. So for $110k, you have 2 cars for the price of that 1 macan lol
Old 02-05-16, 10:10 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeW83
You are absolutely right! I think the closest that the words "exotic" and "SUV" get to one another, is the Lamborghini LM002 or the Bentley Bentayga. The latter being less exotic, and more Ultra Luxury... Ha I think that's why Porsche SUV's are geared towards the sports spectrum. Clearly a Cayenne is the sporty, much more upmarket Touraeg.

Also, that was kind of my point that you made for me... You can't do an apples to apples comparison on the two. When both are maxed out, fully loaded, and 47-50k apart in price. Even base there is still 20k between them. I also find it odd/interesting that Lex is going to pit the new LS against the Panamera, but as coolsaber said, that's a different time and a place for that convo lol
But why are you maxing out the Porsche build? There's a whole list of things Lexus does not offer on the NX that the Porsche does at a premium, so why include those.

I still don't get how your making it seem every Macan sold stickers at $100k lol with that philosophy every cayenne sold sells at $200k, and the 911 at 300-400k.

A similarly equipped only commands a $10k premium on the gasser nx or a mere 3k on the hybrid.
Old 02-05-16, 05:48 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeW83
+1! See, now that makes sense if they're only a thousand dollars apart. Here, they are sooooo not lol It's hard to believe how much more expensive it is for you, down under.
I'm not sure if cars are that much more expensive here than in the US. So my fully loaded NX at $84,000 which is around $59,000 USD.

Here the base model NX 300h with AWD is $67,610 (US$47750) and has the following options as standard:
- cruise control
- drive mode select
- rear view camera
- front + rear parking sensors
- satellite navigation
- 10-speaker Audio System
- digital Radio
- heated front seats
- 4-way powered steering column adjustment
- powered tailgate
- rain-sensing wipers
- electric folding mirrors

If you were to add these options (some of which are strangely unavailable in the US like rain-sensing wipers or folding mirrors) to a NX, I imagine the price to be similar?

Also, most importantly, we can get the F-Sport bodykit on the 300h while I think it's only available on the Turbo in North America.

On the flip side, your NX is gorgeous! That F Sport with the triples is stunning
I could say the same
Old 02-07-16, 11:59 AM
lin8810
Driver School Candidate

It was a long trip before my wife and I decided to give up NX300h AWD and placed an order on GLC300 4Matic.

If I wanna buy Lexus, definitely the reason is for their Hybrid system, totally no consider on NX200t. Believe or not, my family own 6 Toyota in the same time, including Prius and Camry hybrid. I drove them for long time and I am fully aware of Hybrid pros and cons.

We almost pull the trigger on NX300h with MSRP 50K. Why we change our mind to GLC after we detailed study on it? Here are main things:
1. With same 50K MSRP, what can I get on my GLC custom build?
a) real "full time" AWD, not so called "intelligent" AWD.
b) HUD, and surround view camera. (NX has it in other countries, but not in the US)
c) "Active" BLIS and LKAS. Which means it will actually push you back to the lane, not just visual or audio warning.
d) dynamic cruise control, full speed range even completely to stop. I think NX system will not complete stop the car if front car stops. New RX does, but not NX.
e) Auto braking activate when speed is above 4 miles per hour (7 km/h). I am not 100% sure if I am right on this, but NX needs you to drive at cruise speed before auto braking can work.
f) extra leg support on driver's seat
g) 9-speed transmission
h) 8.4" screen comes with Command Navigation system
i) larger interior room and cargo sapce
j) I like the design of GLC's control ****. That touch pad on NX is really XXXX......you know.

2) As I said, my family own so many Toyota and we did enjoy its reliability. However, my brother just got a BMW recently and his comment is simply "awesome". So for me, why not Mercedes this time? Never try to own one before.

3) Certainly, NX300h also has good things which GLC cannot offer
a) rear seat recline
b) LED headlamp. I didn't include lighting package in my 50K build list.
d) Unbeatable fuel economy, and long term reliability.
e) A small classic clock on dash. Honestly, I really like it.
f) Exterior shape and body style. Quite eye-catching.

4) Price. Both MSRP are around 50K, and I got both similar discount and OTD quote. Certainly people may say GLC should compare to NX200t and 200t price is much cheaper. True, but it's not my case. If I wanna buy a 4 cylinder car, so many choices. But I wanna buy a Lexus, the only reason is just for their Hybrid.

I don't care about high-end stereo, satellite radio, sort of entertainment things. I just care about safety features and obviously GLC offers more completely safety packages. That's really the key we turn to GLC in the end of the day.

Above are just my humble thoughts and comparisons. Please don't blame on me I talked too much GLC on this NX forum. I am in San Francisco Bay Area, by the way.

Cheers~
Old 02-08-16, 12:09 AM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lin8810
c) "Active" BLIS and LKAS. Which means it will actually push you back to the lane, not just visual or audio warning.
My NX pushes me back into the lane when I am drifting.

g) 9-speed transmission
Is that supposed to be a must have? I don't see these as a "must", the 7 speed DCT and CVT and 8 speed are all pretty good nowadays, the number of gears is like the megapixel race in cameras.

h) 8.4" screen comes with Command Navigation system
And you also get a ugly tablet stuck to the dash.

3) Certainly, NX300h also has good things which GLC cannot offer

b) LED headlamp. I didn't include lighting package in my 50K build list.
I find it really disgusting that Mercedes doesn't feature LED headlights as standard in the US. Here in Australia, LEDs are standard across all the Mercedes models.

How can they sell a car in 2016 with halogens? I really can't understand that.