To buy or not to buy! NX 200t F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-15, 06:30 AM
rahuljp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To buy or not to buy! NX 200t F-sport

Hi all

I've been lurking on the forums for a while and keeping an eye on the price. I've been following the NX for a while and finally decided to pull the trigger. I contacted a bunch of dealers and came to a really good price last night.

MSRP: $46,600
Sale: $41,600

It has everything I wanted in the right color with triple LED headlights, Premium package, Nav, heated seats, power rear door, BSM, park assist etc, but I noticed there was one thing missing and that is the Pre collision system with the dynamic radar cruise control.

In my last car, I made the mistake of skipping a $700 package and I regretted it the whole time, so I don't want to make the same mistake here.

However, I'm not sure if I will get this great a deal if I have to custom order or if they have to search another dealer for such a car. Ultimately I guess it comes down to what I value more, but I wanted to hear your thoughts!! Fire away!
Old 12-23-15, 06:57 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Is this a 2015? Regardless, 5K off is really good deal and hard to ignore even without DRCC/pre-collision.
Old 12-23-15, 07:15 AM
rahuljp
Driver School Candidate

Thanks corrado. Its a 2016. That is exactly why I feel like I'm stuck. I think if I try to look for another, I might not get as good a deal
Old 12-23-15, 07:38 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

2016? That's even better.

Pre-collision and DRCC are nice safety and convenience features that I have but personally, I would not skip out on this deal for these two unless you really have bad drivers in your household!

Another thing to keep in mind, from experience with DRCC, is that at times it is intrusive. For instance, if someone merges in front of you and even though it is picking up speed, the NX will still hit the brakes to create the set distance between itself and the car ahead, then hit the gas and accelerate. When the brakes are hit, it's with a fairly strong amount of pressure and the rear brake lights are engaged. Could be a bad thing if someone behind you is driving up close.

There's also a limitation with the pre-collision where it does not engage at a lower speed. This is a Euro test so not sure if the programming is different in the US/Canada to be honest, but not sure I want to test it!

Old 12-23-15, 07:46 AM
rahuljp
Driver School Candidate

Yes. Definitely not must have's. I was just thinking of it as future proofing since I expect to hold on to this car. I talked to the dealer and I'm being told the following obviously to continue with our exisitng deal
1. F-sports typically dont come with PCS/DRCC
2. There are none in the US now (based on his search)
3. Custom ordering would be 5-6 months

I can definitely live without these considering I havent had them until now, but it would have been good to have! (first step to automated driving I guess, I'm just a tech junkie!)
Old 12-23-15, 10:00 AM
CybrRdr
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I also wanted PCS and Lane Departure but dealers in my region were not stocking vehicle with them. Custom Order only so we just settle for a dealer stock F Sport. Since they are rare in my area I don't envy not having them.
Old 12-23-15, 11:22 AM
online421
Rookie

If I were you... I would wait it out. considering most of NX in the US does not have it, this spec would make your car stand out? and its more of "I have it and you dont" when you talk to other NX drivers

besides, will you remember the $5k saving in 10 years time? not having what I want will always bother me, ALWAYS.

Last edited by online421; 12-23-15 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-23-15, 11:51 AM
miop4000
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Sorry disagree with others. Precollision is a must have and only a matter of time before it is mandated. I have being using Lexus PCS for the last 5 years. Incorrect triggering is very uncommon. It has been invaluable particularly with the roads becoming increasingly more congested.

You'll remember the rear ender that you caused for the rest of your life particularly if someone is hurt. You will not remember the odd over enthusiastic triggering of the PCS.

On the NX the new rear traffic alert is also proving very valuable.

I would put lane keep assist and automatic high beams in the useless category.
Old 12-23-15, 11:53 AM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

I went with a Luxury Model with everything on it for me. I wanted Lane Keep, PCS, real leather, triple beam headlights with auto high beam, rain sensing wipers etc. I reasoned I would use those things more than the Sport+ mode, g meter, and paddle shifters. The normal NX is still sporty to drive in my opinion. But I certainly understand the F sport appeal...especially the front end. Just depends on you priorities. My family has had Radar Cruise with Pre Collision on a HS, GX, ES, two NX's, and a RC-F...so I wouldn't do without it now. I agree with the above poster on auto high beam being useful (more useful out of the city). I disagree on the Lane Keep Assist being useful if it has steering assist (which the NX does). Our ES and GX had lane keep without steering assist, so it was not as useful and more annoying. Just my 2 cents

Last edited by Frog98; 12-23-15 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-23-15, 08:52 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

My previous vehicle had the Forward Collision Alert system as well as the Lane Departure Warning system. My NX does not have these and I thought twice about getting my NX without them. However, three months into my NX ownership, I don't miss those features at all.

Last edited by NXOwner; 12-23-15 at 11:03 PM.
Old 12-23-15, 10:46 PM
Shatty
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rahuljp
Yes. Definitely not must have's. I was just thinking of it as future proofing since I expect to hold on to this car. I talked to the dealer and I'm being told the following obviously to continue with our exisitng deal
1. F-sports typically dont come with PCS/DRCC
2. There are none in the US now (based on his search)
3. Custom ordering would be 5-6 months

I can definitely live without these considering I havent had them until now, but it would have been good to have! (first step to automated driving I guess, I'm just a tech junkie!)
I dont think thats intirely true. There is a dealer around 400 miles away from NY that has 3 or 4 of them. I wanted it also and they were the closest but I would have had to pay a premium for them to swap it in cause its so far. FYI, I got my NX200 FSport Tuesday for $1500 UNDER INVOICE. If you find the right dealer, you MIGHT be able to get it for 2,000 under cause thats what the leasing companies are getting them for in my area.
Old 12-24-15, 05:17 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

I don;t understand why I would need the collection avoidance system. How can any reasonable driver not see a car in front of them? Just put down the phone and pay attention. But then again I also find the side view mirror sensors that light up orange when a car is next to you also distracting. When I look in the side view mirror I want to see what's there, not be distracted by an orange LED light. But that has a button to turn it off.
Old 12-24-15, 11:46 AM
rahuljp
Driver School Candidate

Based on all the replies it is safe to say that ultimately it comes down to personal preference. I really do have an issue with the nose on the Base model, but I've been trying to figure out which is more important to me. I would love to have the PCS and I've been going back and forth with my wife. The only reason I want it is for DRCC more than the PCS. My sister is getting an Outback with eyesight, which makes me feel like if I'm getting a Lexus, it should have similar equipment

I think I may just end up sticking with the deal for now unless I can find a Base for similar price with the requested equipment.