NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Interesting Accessories Thread (OEM or non-OEM)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-15, 05:30 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts
Smile Interesting Accessories Thread (OEM or non-OEM)

With more and more accessories starting to surface on the NX, let's post these you would get or have already in a dedicated thread centrally here.

Let's skip wheels for the wheels thread and other DIY or modification-based changes out of this thread and focus on the more simple out-of-the-box "plug n'play" accessories.

We can re-hash previously discussed roof racks, running boards, etc in here too or keep posting in those existing threads. The idea with this thread is to make life easier for NX owners in searching for any OEM or non-OEM accessory options.

Include in the post a link to the product and pic at minimum and optionally pricing and vendor.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 12-21-15 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-21-15, 05:34 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Default Non-slip Interior Door/Cup Mats

To kick this off, here's one I came across:

- Non-slip door/cup mats here
- Ebay
- $17 USD (free shipping)

Old 12-21-15, 06:07 AM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks like a cool set of set of mats all around the car!

I just ordered these silicon key fob cases before my car has even arrived!

I also seen these chrome door handles.

Old 12-21-15, 07:55 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
That looks like a cool set of set of mats all around the car!

I just ordered these silicon key fob cases before my car has even arrived!

I also seen these chrome door handles.

That key fob cover looks ghastly. Some models or some dealers give you the Lexus leather key glove for free. It is included in the accessory package if it's on the build for your car.

The chrome door handles would be a nice touch, but it looks like they would interfere with the function of locking the door since in slightly covers the touch-sensitive area. Might I suggest one that doesn't cover so much of the door handle. This is a bit pricey, but they are OEM:
http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/171855067885

Last edited by dchar; 12-21-15 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-21-15, 08:13 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I just did a search on ebay and found 2947 listings for a NX200t exterior parts. From soup to nuts.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...t&_sacat=33637
Old 12-21-15, 08:33 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by rogerh00
I just did a search on ebay and found 2947 listings for a NX200t exterior parts. From soup to nuts.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...t&_sacat=33637
Yeah tonnes. Even amazon shows up similar results. I've updated the first post to reflect posting accessories you would consider getting (or have purchased).
Old 12-21-15, 11:30 AM
crankshaft
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I have an ad here in the NX classifieds....turbo badges/emblems.
Old 12-21-15, 08:58 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dchar
That key fob cover looks ghastly. Some models or some dealers give you the Lexus leather key glove for free. It is included in the accessory package if it's on the build for your car.
To be completely fair, it is a keyless access/push button start system. You never need to show the key, just want to protect it.

The chrome door handles would be a nice touch, but it looks like they would interfere with the function of locking the door since in slightly covers the touch-sensitive area. Might I suggest one that doesn't cover so much of the door handle. This is a bit pricey, but they are OEM:
http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/171855067885
I don't think it will interfere with the touch sensors. The OEM ones look hideous as they don't cover the whole handle and it looks like an afterthought.
Old 12-21-15, 11:13 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts
Default ☔ WeatherTech Floor Liners and Cargo Liner 💧

I bought the custom WeatherTech floor liners and the cargo liner for my NX 200 turbo. I'm totally 100% satisfied with them. Here they are ....

(my NX interior, as well as the mats/liners, are black—my smartphone camera didn't quite get an accurate color-representation)

Old 12-21-15, 11:18 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Default ⭐Receiver (Tow) Hitch 🚙_🚲

AutoAnything.com has the Draw-Tite receiver hitch for the NX for only $111.99 (regularly $139.99), so I bought one. This post/thread shows some of the steps involved in installing it on my NX 200t.

Some items of note...

I recommend having a helper to hold the hitch up while you put the bolts into each end of the hitch. I was planning on putting a 2x4 across the car jack to help support it, but was lucky my neighbor had just gotten home as I was prepping the jack.

You'll also need something to prop under the exhaust (either for each pipe or for the muffler, itself) because you'll be removing the two exhaust brackets.

Also, the instructions say that you'll need 17mm and 18mm sockets. The 17mm worked fine, however, the 18mm didn't fit the new bolts—they were 3/4" in size so have a 3/4" socket on-hand.

Finally, the instructions also say you'll need a 3" socket extension. I also recommend something a bit longer. The next longer size I had was an 8" extension and it worked very well.

Pre-installation

Unscrewing the fascia cover.

Slide the fascia cover forward to remove it. Do not pull it straight down. This cover will not be reinstalled, so keep it in case you ever want to remove the hitch.

Removing the passenger side exhaust bracket. (two bolts are removed)

Removing the driver side exhaust bracket with integrated tow hook (two bolts are removed)

After installing the receiver hitch. This is the driver side exhaust bracket with integrated tow hook that now contains the hitch mounting plate placed between the frame and the exhaust bracket. There are three bolts installed on this side, even though the vehicle only came with two. The image does not show the third bolt, which is located between the two bolts shown. The passenger side is mounted similarly [not shown] (inserted between the frame and the exhaust bracket), but with only two bolts. All bolts installed (total of five) are new bolts that come with the hitch.

Finished view of the installed NX receiver hitch from Draw-Tite. (01)

Finished view of the installed NX receiver hitch from Draw-Tite. (02)

Finished view of the installed NX receiver hitch from Draw-Tite. (03)

Finished view of the installed NX receiver hitch from Draw-Tite. (04)

Finished view of the installed NX receiver hitch from Draw-Tite. (05)

Finished view of the installed NX receiver hitch from Draw-Tite. (06)

Finished view of the installed NX receiver hitch from Draw-Tite. (07)

Finished view of the installed NX receiver hitch from Draw-Tite. (08)

Finished view of the installed NX receiver hitch from Draw-Tite. (09)

Finished view of the installed NX receiver hitch from Draw-Tite. (10)

In case you're wondering, I am not installing an electrical connector for this hitch because I am only using it to carry snowboards and bicycles (but not at the same time)
Old 12-28-15, 11:59 AM
bjhegstad
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Nice options

Found this nice Dashboard anti-slip mat on eBay. Didn't cost much and besides looking great it seems very functional. Good fit.
Old 12-28-15, 12:45 PM
NXOwner
Racer

⇧⇧⇧⇨⇨ The least expensive dashboard-anti-slip-in-front-of-nav-display mat that I could find on eBay is about USD$24.00, and that's without the logo. I'll wait until they come down to around $9.99 or so.

Last edited by NXOwner; 12-28-15 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-28-15, 03:43 PM
9live
Driver School Candidate

Default My inexpensive cargo liner / trunk tray $25

Get this from ebay. It fits and the fold creases can be seen when it is new.
Attached Thumbnails Interesting Accessories Thread (OEM or non-OEM)-package.jpg   Interesting Accessories Thread (OEM or non-OEM)-label.jpg   Interesting Accessories Thread (OEM or non-OEM)-tray.jpg  

Last edited by 9live; 12-28-15 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-28-15, 04:45 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Is it this one on eBay?

If so, how durable is it? It says it is made of "Strong Polyethylene Form (TPR - Thermal Plastic Rubber Foam)".

It doesn't seem like it could survive dragging something across it with sharp (or even just semi-sharp) corners.
Old 12-28-15, 05:15 PM
9live
Driver School Candidate

Yes, that is the one. It seems reasonably durable. If you slide an utility knife on it, it will cut thru. But for normal usage or dragging bricks or concrete blocks, it will definitely be scratched but should survive. Since I have never tried that, do not hold me for that. ;-)

Last edited by 9live; 12-28-15 at 05:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Interesting Accessories Thread (OEM or non-OEM)