NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)
View Poll Results: With at least three months ownership, would you purchase the NX all over again?
Absolutely yes and the exact same vehicle!
32.22%
Yes, but a different trim and/or options, color, etc.
32.22%
Probably yes.
12.22%
Probably not.
18.89%
No, I definitely made a mistake.
4.44%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

NX Owner Satisfaction - Would you purchase the NX again?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-15, 03:16 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Wink NX Owner Satisfaction - Would you purchase the NX again?

For NX Owners with at least 3 months ownership to make sure the honeymoon period is over , if you could go back in time, would you purchase the NX all over again? Do you love the vehicle or perhaps you made a mistake?

Vote and post your comments!
Old 12-02-15, 04:16 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Probably not.

Too many issues, and now i even have something weird going on with my left front wheel. I believe a wheel bearing issue?

Found it to not hold as much as I had hoped, it certainly filled up quickly and we don't even have a child yet.

The value is great for the car, but not sure I'm entirely sold on it anymore.
Old 12-02-15, 06:23 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm a few days short of three months' ownership, but I think my "honeymoon" will last three+ years! LOL!

I would definitely do it again. It's my second Lexus.

In fact, the trailer hitch for my NX just arrived today and I'll be mounting that bad-boy soon!
Old 12-02-15, 06:30 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Nearly one year of ownership and I'm a "Probably Yes". A small V6 would have made it an "Absolutely yes" even at the expense of some fuel economy.
Old 12-02-15, 06:39 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Swacer
Probably not.

Too many issues, and now i even have something weird going on with my left front wheel. I believe a wheel bearing issue?

Found it to not hold as much as I had hoped, it certainly filled up quickly and we don't even have a child yet.

The value is great for the car, but not sure I'm entirely sold on it anymore.

Do you hear a clunk or tap in the footwell or lower door area every so often? I get this and I suspect it's the notorious brake pads shifting which you hear when reversing and hitting the brakes the first time....
Old 12-02-15, 06:41 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Do you hear a clunk or tap in the footwell or lower door area every so often? I get this and I suspect it's the notorious brake pads shifting which you hear when reversing and hitting the brakes the first time....
Yes, I get it both of those times, and when I'm driving as well
Old 12-02-15, 07:56 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

We liked our fully loaded Luxury model so much... we already purchased another. Exactly the same, except the color. So easy to drive. I only wish they made a F sport with more options for the U.S. I had to satisfy my F craving another way. Added a RC-F to the garage last week because of the sweet deals on them at the moment. NX's for daily driving...and RC-F for a toy.
Old 12-02-15, 08:52 PM
Mr645
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I prefer a more engaging car. I find the NX a bit underpowered and I don't like a lot of the safety interlocks. Too many beeps, can't turn off the camera which I find distracting at night. Wont stay in Sport mode etc.
Old 12-03-15, 04:05 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Absolutely yes!! I have had no issues with mine and love it! Hitting 10k this week!!
Old 12-03-15, 04:17 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Also, funny that you mention about the brakes pads shifting. I was telling my wife that it felt like a pad was dragging, but I couldn't understand why.

Is there a TSB out for this? My dealership is not the most accommodating, so if I could find something to show them, I might be a lot better off.

I know Toyota is notorious for brake caliper and pad issues. Heck, on my wife's tC, we had to pay $100 every 5k miles to get the rear caliper cleaned out because it would drag the brakes (and its a wide spread issue amongst tCs). Furthermore, saw a 2015 RX being delivered to someone a couple months back and you could hear it dragging a brake in the back.
Old 12-03-15, 07:04 AM
CybrRdr
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Probably Yes. The NX 200t F Sport is an attractive sporty looking CUV. More power and better tech would make it perfect.
Old 12-03-15, 07:24 AM
NXVV
Driver School Candidate

50/50 chances, i am about to finish 2 months on my new NX and i find touchpad distracting , gas mileage is not great - i mean even on the long journeys i just got 25 MPG best, not sure if it increases after the first oil change or something but gas mileage is not as advertised for now.

other than these two the toy is really great..!!!
Old 12-03-15, 07:43 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

We had our 300h for about 10 months now, it is my wife's daily driver, and she loves it. I get to drive it on the weekend and really enjoy it. I voted with the "Yes, but a different trim and/or options, color, etc.". There are a few things I wish were better on it, but the one thing I wish we had is the collision avoidance system, that would be a nice additional safety feature to have had on our car.

There are other things we wish were better as well, like a more powerful engine and a panoramic sun/moon roof would be nice, but overall we are very happy with our 1st Lexus.

Phil
Old 12-03-15, 08:22 AM
DonnaNX
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the non-F Sport, luxury model with most of the (available in U.S.) bells and whistles and I love it. I would buy her again. I haven't had any significant problems to date.

Last edited by DonnaNX; 12-03-15 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-03-15, 09:04 AM
LBCDan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I probably would not. I have the F-sport model and I think the 18" wheels look too small for the body. The motor sounds buzzy and not as smooth as a V6. I'm sure I'll go back to a sedan when my lease is up.

Quick Reply: NX Owner Satisfaction - Would you purchase the NX again?