NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Questions about lowering NX FSport

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-15, 07:42 AM
skabei
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about lowering NX FSport

I've always felt that the wheel gap with the NX is a bit too much so I just thought I'd muse the idea of lowering my FSport just a bit.

I don't know anything about car suspension and how to slam a car so I'm wondering if anyone here has done it with the stock FSport suspensions. I have the Canadian FSport 1 but I'm assuming that all FSports (at least in North America) have the same suspension.

Is it possible with stock suspension and if so, what do I need to do? Also, what are the risks?
Old 11-24-15, 07:46 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by skabei
I've always felt that the wheel gap with the NX is a bit too much so I just thought I'd muse the idea of lowering my FSport just a bit.

I don't know anything about car suspension and how to slam a car so I'm wondering if anyone here has done it with the stock FSport suspensions. I have the Canadian FSport 1 but I'm assuming that all FSports (at least in North America) have the same suspension.

Is it possible with stock suspension and if so, what do I need to do? Also, what are the risks?
The wheel gap is too much? Its an SUV....

Please don't ever say "slam" again. Please oh please. What a ricerish term....

You want to do it properly, put a set of coil overs on, get a set of wider wheels, put a taller off road tire on, and make it look more like an SUV.
Old 11-24-15, 07:53 AM
skabei
Driver

Originally Posted by Swacer
The wheel gap is too much? Its an SUV....

Please don't ever say "slam" again. Please oh please. What a ricerish term....

You want to do it properly, put a set of coil overs on, get a set of wider wheels, put a taller off road tire on, and make it look more like an SUV.
LOL some of the cool mods I've seen for the NX do border on ricey though.

Yeah but it just looks so much better with a smaller gap =P and German SUVs have slightly smaller gaps so I'm really just exploring the idea. I want to see if I can close in on the wheel gap without getting bigger tires.
Old 11-24-15, 08:50 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

"cool" and "rice" do not occur at the same time. Never. RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.

All that comes to my mind is this....

Your car man...whatever you wanna do. But I gotta throw some jokes in while we're at it.

Last edited by Swacer; 11-24-15 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-24-15, 09:46 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

"cool" and "rice" do not occur at the same time. Never. RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.

All that comes to my mind is this....

Your car man...whatever you wanna do. But I gotta throw some jokes in while we're at it.
And I always thought that "rice" was an ethnic slur.
Old 11-24-15, 10:01 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t
And I always thought that "rice" was an ethnic slur.
I have no doubt that some do use it in such context.

However, my use of it is independent of race and beliefs. I hate all people who rice out their cars equally lol
Old 11-24-15, 05:57 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

RSR has adjustable coilovers or lowering springs (about 1.3" drop) for the NX.

If you want a cost effective option, get the lowering springs. They're about $400 and install is cheap installed at iGarage in Markham. I got my springs installed there on my IS and I was very happy with the service and price.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 11-24-15 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-24-15, 10:01 PM
maLx
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My vote would be for taller off road tires. Not only can you get a set of sweet all terrain tires, it won't void your warranty and will be much less expensive, and you could easily sell your old tires. That's what I am doing.
Old 11-25-15, 06:08 AM
skabei
Driver

I never thought about the warranty actually. Would getting the springs void my warranty?

I don't really feel that I need to get it flush with the body, though getting spacers and having it lowered a bit would look pretty cool.
Old 11-25-15, 06:15 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

I discussed your question in another thread specifically for you.
Old 11-25-15, 06:52 AM
skabei
Driver

I discussed your question in another thread specifically for you.
I'm not very good at navigating this forum yet. Should I be looking through threads that you've started or threads that you've posted in?
Old 11-25-15, 07:00 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...post-sale.html
Old 11-26-15, 07:04 AM
skabei
Driver

Thanks Swacer. I need to learn the warranty laws in Canada. Although either way, it looks like I may not want to do this just yet..
Old 11-26-15, 12:25 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by skabei
Thanks Swacer. I need to learn the warranty laws in Canada. Although either way, it looks like I may not want to do this just yet..

I wouldn't worry about it. Majority of Lexus dealers in Canada are supremely accommodating when it comes to resolving any "gray-area" issues, if ever they would occur. My dealer in particular has senior staff with a modded IS F and RC F proud to showcase at car meets and drives that I also participate in with my leased, yet modded Lexus vehicles.

Again to Swacer's point, they would have to show your mod caused an issue. If you start tampering with the engine and electronics, different story possibly, but not so with cosmetics like wheels and model-specific-engineered springs like those from RSR.

I'm tempted to add the springs on my NX to reduce the wheel gap, but what's holding me back is my installer couldn't guarantee the lack of any issues due to the AVS. Yours is an F Sport Series 1 which doesn't have the adaptive variable suspension which makes for an easy, low-risk spring swap.
Old 11-27-15, 05:17 AM
skabei
Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I wouldn't worry about it. Majority of Lexus dealers in Canada are supremely accommodating when it comes to resolving any "gray-area" issues, if ever they would occur. My dealer in particular has senior staff with a modded IS F and RC F proud to showcase at car meets and drives that I also participate in with my leased, yet modded Lexus vehicles.

Again to Swacer's point, they would have to show your mod caused an issue. If you start tampering with the engine and electronics, different story possibly, but not so with cosmetics like wheels and model-specific-engineered springs like those from RSR.

I'm tempted to add the springs on my NX to reduce the wheel gap, but what's holding me back is my installer couldn't guarantee the lack of any issues due to the AVS. Yours is an F Sport Series 1 which doesn't have the adaptive variable suspension which makes for an easy, low-risk spring swap.
Thanks Corrado, that puts me at ease. I guess not getting the F-Sport2 is a good thing for me for once haha.

I need to learn about these RSR springs that you've all told me about. Unfortunately browsing for these type of things while in China sucks when google doesn't work and when opening US sites is so slow.

Then I'll have to look at the cost. Did you get a quote for getting this done on your NX Corrado? I'm often around Markham so I'm going to get in touch with that garage once I'm back in Toronto next week.

Quick Reply: Questions about lowering NX FSport