NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Questions about lowering NX FSport

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-15, 05:39 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by skabei
Thanks Corrado, that puts me at ease. I guess not getting the F-Sport2 is a good thing for me for once haha.

I need to learn about these RSR springs that you've all told me about. Unfortunately browsing for these type of things while in China sucks when google doesn't work and when opening US sites is so slow.

Then I'll have to look at the cost. Did you get a quote for getting this done on your NX Corrado? I'm often around Markham so I'm going to get in touch with that garage once I'm back in Toronto next week.
This is the RSR reseller in Canada I was given for the NX when I contacted RSR USA a few months ago. They quoted me $400 shipped (+HST though)

Invision Auto Imports
Tel: 780.433.9699
Fax: 780.433.9694
Em: sales@iaimports.com
Web: www.iaimports.com

For something more local, ask Tires23.com (Benny great guy and team) in Mississauga as they might be able to order them. It's where I ordered and bought my IS RSR springs (among other things I bought like wheels and tires for the NX).

As for install, cheapest (yet still reliable) installer is iGarage (ask for Ivan - owner). Too cheap to list but do the math below...

In total, springs with install, figure about a very reasonable $700. And typically, the nice thing about RSR is they engineer their lowering springs to be slightly softer than OEM to compensate for the less travel/lowered spring and minimize ride harshness. My dropped IS felt 95% as comfy as stock and other owners have had similar experiences.

Keep us informed!
Old 11-27-15, 05:44 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Pinhead
springs are springs, regardless of brand, plus these are progressive so they don't even have a spring rate. It will be slightly stiffer, but not by much. If you want to lower it, then get the RSR. Springs cost $2-300 and about $150 for install + however much you want to pay for alignment. All in all about $5-600 total.
Yeah, about right in the US from what I've seen too. In Canada, up that by 25% and we're in the 700$ range.
Old 11-29-15, 02:56 PM
alvinis
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Just throwing my two cents in. I think some dropped suv's look pretty decent. I say do what you want with your car and if it makes you happy, cool. Other people will always have their opinions, don't let it get to you.
Old 12-04-15, 05:11 PM
skabei
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to consider doing it after this winter. It'll be one of the later mods that I do on the car. I am considering painting the plastic above the wheel well though.

Do you think this guy painted his?

I took the images from Lexus.Blow's instagram. I really like what he's done with his car.

I'm not sure how to go about painting it though. Hoping this is something that I can learn and do on my own.
Old 12-04-15, 07:22 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ I like it.
Old 12-05-15, 09:57 AM
rayzer57
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, with the vehicle lowered just a little and the larger wheels on, it does look nice.
Whatever you decided to do, make sure you have your vehicle alignment checked.
Those black plastic wheel fenders can be painted. I would be best to remove them off the vehicle, clean, prime and paint them. It does require a special paint that flex a little and the primer will ensure good adhesion between the paint and plastic body panels.

Just wondering how the ride and handling would feel from a "seat of the pants" perspective.
Old 12-07-15, 04:11 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I really don't get the point of lowering this vehicle. It's an SUV. It's meant to have a high ground clearance.
I know everyone has different likes and dislikes, but if someone wanted a low ground clearance vehicle, then why buy an SUV?
Old 12-07-15, 04:29 PM
skabei
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by legrunt
I really don't get the point of lowering this vehicle. It's an SUV. It's meant to have a high ground clearance.
I know everyone has different likes and dislikes, but if someone wanted a low ground clearance vehicle, then why buy an SUV?
You're assuming that everyone who buys an SUV does so for ground clearance and that anyone who bought this car bought it because it's an SUV.

I bought it for the looks and because I needed something that could carry bigger stuff than a sedan could carry. I was originally looking at hatches but I don't like any of the hatches that we can get in NA.

I'm also looking to lower the car around an inch so I don't really lose that much ground clearance.
Old 01-20-16, 06:13 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rayzer57
Wow, with the vehicle lowered just a little and the larger wheels on, it does look nice.
Whatever you decided to do, make sure you have your vehicle alignment checked.
Those black plastic wheel fenders can be painted. I would be best to remove them off the vehicle, clean, prime and paint them. It does require a special paint that flex a little and the primer will ensure good adhesion between the paint and plastic body panels.

Just wondering how the ride and handling would feel from a "seat of the pants" perspective.
They add a flex agent to the paint. Take it to a body shop and get it professionally done, that is the best way to ensure a great and durable outcome. Prices will vary in different parts of the country
Old 12-12-17, 04:13 PM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I just ordered a 18 F sport with AVS and I want to put the Tanabe springs on it but I am worried about the effects on AVS. I work for Lexus and can't get a solid answer on if they will adversely effect them or not.