NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

My NX Upgrade List

Old 11-19-15, 06:36 PM
maLx
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tresmith00
The reason why most people will say that because the NX is more of an on road car built for better wet and snow traction than going off road in the mud.

With that said, I saw a video where they put the NX through some pretty tough terrain and this little ute is surprisingly capable. Check out the video...fast forward to minute 6 where the off roading begins.

New LEXUS NX 2015 - YouTube
Really cool video. Getting more and more excited.
Old 11-19-15, 07:34 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

She's hot... The girl is pretty cute too...
Old 11-20-15, 06:41 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by online421
This is what I pull....

Attachment 374319

Attachment 374320

Attachment 374321

this is a ground loading trailer, it has hydraulics to lower the deck level to the ground. originally built to load a car. previous owner added the cover and its perfect for my solid wood furniture delivery.

only within 30-50 mile each time I tow. and I tow about twice a month.

not sure the regulation in the States, but here in NZ, Lexus says I can tow 1500kg(3000lb) if the trailer is braked.

Keep in mind that if you don't have electric brakes on the trailer I think the rating is only for 1,500lbs.

So, if you plan do use a trailer for more than one motorcycle it will probably already be around 500lbs or so, maybe a bit more, then add in the weight of the bikes and you are probably pushing the 1,500lb limit.

One other thing, there doesn't seem to be an easy solution to put in the lights for towing, it seems to require wiring to run all the way from the front of the NX to the rear to get it to work. There are several threads already on here about that as well as aftermarket hitch only options (no light wiring) for using stuff like bicycle carriers in the hitch, that don't require lights.

And as one of the 1st people said i would say 90%+ of your questions have already been answered, so do some searching and reading on this forum for your answers.

And I would also agree with Swacer, you don't seem to have bought the right car for what you want to do, this is a Luxury vehicle and isn't really designed for what you seem to be implying you want to do with it. There are better and cheaper options for what you want to do, but since you have it now, read up on here and learn about your new car.

Phil
Old 11-23-15, 08:37 AM
maLx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by philwojo
Keep in mind that if you don't have electric brakes on the trailer I think the rating is only for 1,500lbs.

So, if you plan do use a trailer for more than one motorcycle it will probably already be around 500lbs or so, maybe a bit more, then add in the weight of the bikes and you are probably pushing the 1,500lb limit.

One other thing, there doesn't seem to be an easy solution to put in the lights for towing, it seems to require wiring to run all the way from the front of the NX to the rear to get it to work. There are several threads already on here about that as well as aftermarket hitch only options (no light wiring) for using stuff like bicycle carriers in the hitch, that don't require lights.

And as one of the 1st people said i would say 90%+ of your questions have already been answered, so do some searching and reading on this forum for your answers.

And I would also agree with Swacer, you don't seem to have bought the right car for what you want to do, this is a Luxury vehicle and isn't really designed for what you seem to be implying you want to do with it. There are better and cheaper options for what you want to do, but since you have it now, read up on here and learn about your new car.

Phil
Thanks Phil. I actually found a good thread with a DIY trailer hitch from etrailer that people have been able to install. I may try that. I also found this good speaker thread. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ers-in-nx.html

I'm eager to see how that one pans out.

Cheers,
Joey
Old 11-23-15, 04:51 PM
maLx
Driver School Candidate

Searched the forms to find the NX Running Board install guide. Posting that here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ml#post9230986
Old 11-25-15, 09:39 AM
GS3Tek

Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts

To prevent sagging (esp. when you're towing), this is what a lot of us sienna owners are using:

airlift airbags. very cheap ~ $100, easy DIY

All it is is 2 airbags squeezed between the springs to prevent from bottoming out and lifts the rear up.

I have it my van.
When I load it up with 8 passengers and trunk is full for road trips, I just air it up about 20 psi.

https://www.airliftcompany.com/vehic...sienna/2015/#l

Last edited by GS3Tek; 11-25-15 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-25-15, 01:09 PM
maLx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
To prevent sagging (esp. when you're towing), this is what a lot of us sienna owners are using:

airlift airbags. very cheap ~ $100, easy DIY

All it is is 2 airbags squeezed between the springs to prevent from bottoming out and lifts the rear up.

I have it my van.
When I load it up with 8 passengers and trunk is full for road trips, I just air it up about 20 psi.

https://www.airliftcompany.com/vehic...sienna/2015/#l
Hrm, thanks for the tip but I don't see those available for our NX, unless another car has the same suspension as my F Sport. Does it? And which one? Also, does this raise the car at all and help clearance? Or does it just keep the springs from being compressed due to weight?

Let me know,
Joey
Old 11-28-15, 06:19 PM
maLx
Driver School Candidate

Did three mods this weekend. First, put felt in the door pockets. You guys can check out this link for more info: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ml#post9269095