NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

📡 Your Price for XM/Sirius Satellite 🎵💲🎶

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-15, 05:18 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 4482
I've had XM since 2004 and never have paid the full amount. Just threaten to cancel and they will transfer you to there cancellation department. Here is where the "deal" is made. I always get it for half the going rate, or less for a year. It seems the 5 and 6 months deals go by too fast and you wind up haggling again far too soon.

Like others have said never pay by credit card as the automatic renewals will drive you crazy and make it harder on your next renewal. Always pay by check after asking to be mailed an invoice. (bill) On the invoice I always cross out the automatic renewal statement which will be there on the invoice, and initial what I crossed out.

Works for me !
I do the same thing with OnStar. Wait them out and threaten to cancel, and magically a deal appears. I have a line of $200/yr in which if I can keep it under that, I actually make money because I'm paying less for this than the discount I get from my insurance by having OnStar.
Old 11-17-15, 02:49 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

For those that say, wait them out, etc. Does that mean to let them cancel the service? Will they actually cancel the service while there is still a chance for their customer to renew?

I want to wait them out in anticipation of a very low rate, I just don't want them to cut me off during this "chess match".
Old 11-18-15, 03:20 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NXOwner
For those that say, wait them out, etc. Does that mean to let them cancel the service? Will they actually cancel the service while there is still a chance for their customer to renew?

I want to wait them out in anticipation of a very low rate, I just don't want them to cut me off during this "chess match".
Just threaten to cancel and they'll transfer you to their cancelation department where they will offer you "deals" if you stay as a customer. If you agree on one of the deals there will be no break in service. Like has been said...don't pay by credit card. Ask to be mailed an invoice.
Old 11-18-15, 06:58 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr645
I get letters for $24.99 for 6 months (My XM expired).

I would pay $99 yr but they service always includes auto renewal at $270 yr and calling to cancel is always a frustrating hassle so I don't bother even subscribing. I keep an iPod loaded up in the center console
yep...it's the auto renewal that's a pain.

ALso I don't know why they can't lock people into a reasonable rate plan like a netflix or hulu.

we're in an era where people are cutting their cable, so why would people pay all that money for a service they only get in their car.
Old 11-18-15, 07:05 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by tresmith00
yep...it's the auto renewal that's a pain.

ALso I don't know why they can't lock people into a reasonable rate plan like a netflix or hulu.

we're in an era where people are cutting their cable, so why would people pay all that money for a service they only get in their car.
+1
Old 01-25-16, 01:46 PM
NXOwner
Racer

After letting my XM/Sirius satellite radio free trial lapse and going without it for a month, I finally "talked them down" to US$11.38 per month, including all service fees, etc, for the "All Access" package. I paid for the whole year up-front ($136.54).
Old 01-25-16, 02:09 PM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

They just sent me the 99.00 a yr deal mine runs out this month. - I'll wait. The longer you wait the lower it goes is correct. Even after they shut it off they make crazy offers to get it back on......
I also pay by check......only way to stop their devious behavior.
Old 01-25-16, 02:38 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by Tom59
They just sent me the 99.00 a yr deal...
For which package is that? It doesn't sound like their "All Access" package. Is it for their "Select" or "Mostly Music" package?
Old 01-26-16, 12:56 AM
kenji4861
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a way to get 50% off on your Sirius discount

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...ount+on+sirius

Been doing it for about 10 years.
Old 01-26-16, 03:59 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

After letting my XM/Sirius satellite radio free trial lapse and going without it for a month, I finally "talked them down" to US$11.38 per month, including all service fees, etc, for the "All Access" package. I paid for the whole year up-front ($136.54).
You talked them "down" to that?

I'm paying $4.33 per month for 6 months for my wife's car, just renewed that last week. All Access as well.

The NX is currently on a similar one that will be expiring, but I will shut the radio off when the deal is done.

I'll call them in 2 months and tell them I want the same deal for the Camaro when I reactivate it. They usually whine and say its not possible, then I ask for a manager, explain I've been a member since 2009, and then usually they just give me what I want (5 months for $20).
Old 01-26-16, 04:59 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

For which package is that? It doesn't sound like their "All Access" package. Is it for their "Select" or "Mostly Music" package?
Select - which is all I use anyway.........but after seeing the deal here I might negotiate. We have crappy signals here for the most part - so it goes away no biggie.

I do love my rock stations 25-26.......
Old 01-26-16, 08:58 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I've been getting the $25 for 5-6 months plan for a few years on both cars. It's a pain to have to do it every few months, but well worth the savings to me. We don't use Sirius/XM all that much but it is nice to have when on trips, looking for something different etc.
Old 01-26-16, 10:53 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by Swacer
You talked them "down" to that?
LOL! Compared to their previous offers, this was a reduction in price.

Originally Posted by Swacer
I'm paying $4.33 per month for 6 months for my wife's car, just renewed that last week. All Access as well....They usually whine and say its not possible, then I ask for a manager, explain I've been a member since 2009, and then usually they just give me what I want (5 months for $20).
Maybe that's it—I have no official history with them. In my Volt, the XM never expired and I was never billed.
Old 01-26-16, 11:35 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

LOL! Compared to their previous offers, this was a reduction in price.

Maybe that's it—I have no official history with them. In my Volt, the XM never expired and I was never billed.
Wow, don't let them abuse you like that. Sometimes they will tell you that there is no deal available, but its for your CURRENT PLAN. You can downgrade a plan, and there might be a special there.

You can also play the system that they are required by policy, to offer you a deal every other payment period. So if you have to pay 6 months at normal price, then the next time you call, you will get a deal of some sort. Then another normal price, and then a deal.

They have a lot of polices they aren't willing to tell you unless you ask, but once they tell you, make sure they note it on your profile.
Old 01-26-16, 12:27 PM
da mayor
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just call them 29 days before the renewal expiration date and i never had an issue to cancel -- i jus tell them the car is getting traded in and they'll never bother me again with letters