NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

📡 Your Price for XM/Sirius Satellite 🎵💲🎶

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-15, 01:13 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts
Default 📡 Your Price for XM/Sirius Satellite 🎵💲🎶

I got my first letter from XM (Sirius) notifying me that my trial expires soon. They gave some prices as well.

In other forum websites (non-Lexus, non-Toyota), folks are getting rates as low as USD$5 per month. They say if you hold out long enough, XM will keep lowering their price to keep you.

What has been your experience? What prices are you paying?

Last edited by NXOwner; 11-14-15 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-14-15, 01:27 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

I didn't subscribe but they kept calling for weeks with a final offer of 7.99$ CAD. For $5 it's cheap and I'd probably had gone for it at that price.
Old 11-14-15, 01:58 PM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

We have two cars with SXM on "all access" plans, as well as internet-based service. We just paid about $90 for the quarter, including all fees and taxes. Our current quarter expires in January and I'll be calling them to threaten to cancel; then they'll give a better rate.
Old 11-14-15, 02:28 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I just renewed for 5 months @ $24.99. I made the call and threatened to cancel. They initially offered something $99 for a year and when I said that is still too expensive for our limited use they offered the $24.99 price. On our other car, I let it expire and shortly afterwards I starred receiving mailings with better offers. It's a pain to do this every 5-6 months but worth it to me I guess.
Old 11-14-15, 03:32 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I just received a renewal letter last week for $19.95 for 5 months. No sale. When my trial expired they bombarded me with phone calls and forced me to block them. Then the letters started. Their business practices have turned me off. I wish they would stop putting Sat radios in every vehicle. It should be an option.
Old 11-14-15, 03:37 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by rogerh00
I just received a renewal letter last week for $19.95 for 5 months. No sale. When my trial expired they bombarded me with phone calls and forced me to block them. Then the letters started. Their business practices have turned me off. I wish they would stop putting Sat radios in every vehicle. It should be an option.
Wow, that's just $4/month. Was that for the basic ("Mostly Music") plan, or some other plan?
Old 11-14-15, 04:08 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by NXOwner
Wow, that's just $4/month. Was that for the basic ("Mostly Music") plan, or some other plan?
I still have the letter and it says actually 5 months for $20 for the select package which includes 140 channels with free reactivation. Then at the bottom it says $19.99. It then renews every 3 months at the going rate. Try to cancel the subscription. Many yrs ago on another vehicle I tired to cancel and it they made it very hard and made you jump thru hoops. I'll never give them my credit card # again.
Old 11-14-15, 04:10 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I call and ask them to give me a deal. If the person tells me there is nothing available, I tell them "either you give me the deal, or I'll call back and someone else will". And they usually give me something.

I haggle them. They are nothing more than clowns working on commission.

Camaro and NX I pay $25 for 6 months each. I have been paying this rate for the camaro since 2012. I refuse to pay more.

NEVER give them your credit card. Always pay the $2 and let them mail it to you.
Old 11-15-15, 05:25 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get letters for $24.99 for 6 months (My XM expired).

I would pay $99 yr but they service always includes auto renewal at $270 yr and calling to cancel is always a frustrating hassle so I don't bother even subscribing. I keep an iPod loaded up in the center console
Old 11-15-15, 06:45 AM
Nelexus88
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

I've had Sirius for several years and its a pain to haggle with them every 6 months, but they always end up at the $25/6 months rate. As already mentioned, never give them a credit card number as they will automatically charge a very high rate to renew the service. You do have to remember to call every 6 months just before the service runs out, threaten to cancel and start haggling again.
Old 11-15-15, 08:25 AM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had XM since 2004 and never have paid the full amount. Just threaten to cancel and they will transfer you to there cancellation department. Here is where the "deal" is made. I always get it for half the going rate, or less for a year. It seems the 5 and 6 months deals go by too fast and you wind up haggling again far too soon.

Like others have said never pay by credit card as the automatic renewals will drive you crazy and make it harder on your next renewal. Always pay by check after asking to be mailed an invoice. (bill) On the invoice I always cross out the automatic renewal statement which will be there on the invoice, and initial what I crossed out.

Works for me !
Old 11-15-15, 08:33 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 4482
I've had XM since 2004 and never have paid the full amount. Just threaten to cancel and they will transfer you to there cancellation department. Here is where the "deal" is made. I always get it for half the going rate, or less for a year. It seems the 5 and 6 months deals go by too fast and you wind up haggling again far too soon.

Like others have said never pay by credit card as the automatic renewals will drive you crazy and make it harder on your next renewal. Always pay by check after asking to be mailed an invoice. (bill) On the invoice I always cross out the automatic renewal statement which will be there on the invoice, and initial what I crossed out.

Works for me !

I feel and do the same.
Old 11-15-15, 09:29 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

I just renewed for $109/yr plus taxes. This is my second renewal. What I did was tell them to bill me and I will send a check. That way, they cannot renew on my credit card and have to send me a bill. They did send one for about $270/yr but like many others called & said it was way too much. Just waiting on the new statement at the new rate.
Old 11-16-15, 01:05 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by jer
I just renewed for $109/yr plus taxes.
What is the nature of the taxes?

Is it a simple state sales tax, or do they pile on fees for things like misc FCC fees, or for activation fees, or for gateway fees, or for satellite rocket booster disposal fees, or for upper atmosphere/low orbit area fees, or for nuclear/plutonium satellite power fees, or for ...

Last edited by NXOwner; 11-16-15 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-16-15, 01:30 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NXOwner
What are the nature of the taxes?

Is it a simple state sales tax, or do they pile on fees for things like misc FCC fees, or for activation fees, or for gateway fees, or for satellite rocket booster disposal fees, or for upper atmosphere/low orbit area fees, or for nuclear/plutonium satellite power fees, or for ...
Sales tax and Royalty fee.

Quick Reply: 📡 Your Price for XM/Sirius Satellite 🎵💲🎶