2015 vs 2016 Canadian F-Sport 1 Packaging differences

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-15, 08:49 PM
skabei
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 vs 2016 Canadian F-Sport 1 Packaging differences

Hey everyone,

I just noticed from the website that the packaging for the Canadian NX200T has been changed from 2015 to 2016.

2015 NX200T F-Sport 1
10 Speakers
• Power Back Door
• Garage Door Opener
Clearance and Backup Sensors
• 120V/100-watt Power Outlet
• F SPORT Front Grille
• F SPORT badging
• Power slide / tilt Moonroof
• Aluminum Roof Rails
• Remote Touch Interface
Voice-activated SD Card Based Navigation System with Remote Touch
• G meter
• F SPORT LED fog lamps
• Auto Leveling Headlamp System
• LED Headlamps - High Beam
• Premium LED Headlamps
• Memory Mirrors
• Auto-dimming Side View Mirrors
Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Blind Spot Monitor System
• Power Tilt & Telescopic Steering Wheel
• Heated Steering Wheel
• Steering Wheel Paddle Shifters (A/T)
• F SPORT Seats
• Driver Seat Memory System
• Sport Tuned Suspension
• Sport-Tuned Suspension
• Interior Trim: F SPORT Shift ****
• Aluminum Sport Pedals with Rubber Inserts
• F SPORT Scuff Plates
• F SPORT 18" Alloy Wheels
Rain Sensing Wipers

2016 NX200T F-Sport 1
• Power Back Door
• Garage Door Opener
• 120V/100-watt Power Outlet
• F SPORT Front Grille
• F SPORT badging
• Power slide / tilt Moonroof
• Aluminum Roof Rails
• G meter
• F SPORT LED fog lamps
• Auto Leveling Headlamp System
• LED Headlamps - High Beam
• Premium LED Headlamps
• Memory Mirrors
• Auto-dimming Side View Mirrors
• Power Tilt & Telescopic Steering Wheel
• Heated Steering Wheel
• Steering Wheel Paddle Shifters (A/T)
• F SPORT Seats
• Driver Seat Memory System
• Sport Tuned Suspension
• Sport-Tuned Suspension
• Interior Trim: F SPORT Shift ****
• Aluminum Sport Pedals with Rubber Inserts
• F SPORT Scuff Plates
• F SPORT 18" Alloy Wheels

As you can see, the 2016 F-Sport 1 no longer includes:
  • 10 Speakers
  • Clearance and Backup Sensors
  • Voice-activated SD Card Based Navigation System with Remote Touch
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert
  • Rain Sensing Wipers

The 2016 F-Sport 1 is only $2400 cheaper. So you sacrifice all those sensors, speakers, and navigation for $2400.

It looks like they pushed a lot of the features from 2015 F-Sport 1 to 2016 F-Sport 2 which now costs more. Features from the 2015 F-Sport 2 have been moved to the new 2016 F-Sport 3.

This means that the 2016 F-Sport 1 package now costs $6.5k CAD for pure cosmetics which is pretty expensive for little added actual features whereas for the 2015, $9400 got you everything most people would want.

I'm very glad that we picked up an outgoing 2015 F-Sport 1 two weeks ago. We got over $7k off (including manufacturers' incentives) which we wouldn't get on a new 2016.

EDIT:
I just realized that the 2016 F-Sport 1 still includes everything in the Premium package so that $6.5k is the Premium package + F-Sport cosmetics which isn't terrible.

Furthermore, the 2016 F-Sport 2($9900) is essentially the 2015 F-Sport 1($9400). The $500 price increase is quite incremental. I have a feeling that there were many many Canadian shoppers who asked dealers why there isn't a purely cosmetic F-Sport package like there is in the States. I asked three different dealers this question and I guess Lexus has answered. So overall, not that bad.

Last edited by skabei; 11-04-15 at 06:01 AM.
Old 11-04-15, 04:50 AM
cripsy
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, I touched on this a couple weeks ago. I am glad I got my 2015 Fsport 2 when I did, also with a nice discount.
It just happened to arrive brand new on the lot with 6 k on the odo! I only went in for a test drive expecting to have to order a 2016. When I saw the exact one I wanted, I knew it was fate. I pulled the trigger and made the deal in less than an hour.

Maybe they increased the price to push people towards the new RX?
Old 11-04-15, 06:14 AM
skabei
Driver

Originally Posted by cripsy
Yup, I touched on this a couple weeks ago. I am glad I got my 2015 Fsport 2 when I did, also with a nice discount.
It just happened to arrive brand new on the lot with 6 k on the odo! I only went in for a test drive expecting to have to order a 2016. When I saw the exact one I wanted, I knew it was fate. I pulled the trigger and made the deal in less than an hour.

Maybe they increased the price to push people towards the new RX?
I realized something and made an edit to my original post.

The MSRP for the new RX went up by $5k which pushes the F-Sport models to $70k (before freight, PDI, taxes) which is a pretty hefty price increase over the previous RX. I was told by the dealer that this huge price increase is partly due to the low Canadian dollar.

I actually think that the new pricing will attract people to the NX more than the RX, especially with the new RX being quite a bit bigger than the old RX. However the new NX pricing pushes the pricing up and away from the RDX making the RDX an even better value-offering.
Old 11-04-15, 08:38 AM
cripsy
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skabei
I realized something and made an edit to my original post.

The MSRP for the new RX went up by $5k which pushes the F-Sport models to $70k (before freight, PDI, taxes) which is a pretty hefty price increase over the previous RX. I was told by the dealer that this huge price increase is partly due to the low Canadian dollar.

I actually think that the new pricing will attract people to the NX more than the RX, especially with the new RX being quite a bit bigger than the old RX. However the new NX pricing pushes the pricing up and away from the RDX making the RDX an even better value-offering.
Yes the low CDN dollar will have an impact for sure, even though the RX is made in Canada 15 mins from me! lol..

Still even though there is a price difference, a Lexus customer probably will not buy an Acura, however anyone on the fence may go that route.
Old 11-04-15, 10:25 AM
skabei
Driver

Originally Posted by cripsy
Yes the low CDN dollar will have an impact for sure, even though the RX is made in Canada 15 mins from me! lol..

Still even though there is a price difference, a Lexus customer probably will not buy an Acura, however anyone on the fence may go that route.
The NX is my first Lexus and I've had several Acura's in the family before. I almost went with the RDX but chose the NX for reliability (though Acura isn't bad) and for the looks (RDX interior didn't do it for me). IMO the RDX gives a better road feel and is noticeably faster but that's not the priority with an SUV for me. I think anyone looking for a higher end SUV will likely consider the RDX if they're not sworn to Lexus. I would take the MDX over the RX for looks and for the drive (SH-AWD).
Old 11-20-15, 07:06 AM
raymondzzd
Driver School Candidate

Agreed, glad I got my 2015 f-sport 2 about three weeks ago. Got a good discount too
Old 11-20-15, 09:51 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by skabei

100% spot-on agree.

Polar opposite to the US, the NX is trending on twice the monthly sales over the RX and I strongly believe this will continue due to the larger price increase/gap of the RX and the love for compact-anything (sedans, crossovers etc) in Canada.