NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Dings and Scratches Pics Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-16, 10:25 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I try to avoid certain parking spots where I have room to park, but there's enough space for another car to just fit. And I'm sure someone will park, then probably back up right to my car like that Honda did.

When I park, I check not just my spacing, but I see if the cars in front/back would have enough spacing too (in case the two further cars are too close to them)
Old 01-27-16, 12:07 PM
online421
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doomdealer
WTF kind of f'ed up park job is this by the Civic? I sure hope you were able to catch the driver and get recuperated for your damage.
I have no idea. When I drive I assume all other drivers are idiots who might do something stupid as f.

I can't really recuperate the damage as its under the excess ($300usd or there about)
Old 01-27-16, 12:11 PM
online421
Rookie

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
He's got the plate number so I think he would be fine.

I'm just wondering, how did you manage to get out? Was there enough space out the back?

The panoramic camera does wonders. Seriously it does. It's like playing GTA in real life
I got out just fine. The space is long enough for two cars to park easily. I only need to drive in. He only need to back in. Behind my space is the driveway of a property. And at front of the Honda is another drive way. So I really don't know how he managed to damage my car.

I love my panoramic camera. I use it to guide my parking to protect my wheel lol

It seems the US version and Canada version are different in some respect?
Old 01-27-16, 12:14 PM
online421
Rookie

Originally Posted by typocl
I try to avoid certain parking spots where I have room to park, but there's enough space for another car to just fit. And I'm sure someone will park, then probably back up right to my car like that Honda did.

When I park, I check not just my spacing, but I see if the cars in front/back would have enough spacing too (in case the two further cars are too close to them)
Yeah in hindsight I should not have parked there. That was not the normal me....

Normally if I had to park at a spot like this I always park at the Honda spot. The car can drive into my towbar if they want.
Old 01-27-16, 04:10 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by online421
I love my panoramic camera. I use it to guide my parking to protect my wheel lol

It seems the US version and Canada version are different in some respect?
I still seem to park very far from the curb even with the pano camera. I am not sure, where do the rims start? Is it the black box around the car? Also I don't like how the car on the display is a white one, I wish you could change the colour like on Nissans. Just a small thing but it's a very Lexus thing to allow you to change the colour of the car.

And I don't think North American NXs have pano camera.
Old 01-27-16, 08:20 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
I still seem to park very far from the curb even with the pano camera. I am not sure, where do the rims start? Is it the black box around the car? Also I don't like how the car on the display is a white one, I wish you could change the colour like on Nissans. Just a small thing but it's a very Lexus thing to allow you to change the colour of the car.

And I don't think North American NXs have pano camera.
I wonder if you can change the color of the car of the NX on the pano view. On the 4RX forum, some members were saying that their dealer can change it between a few colors.
Old 01-27-16, 08:46 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dchar
I wonder if you can change the color of the car of the NX on the pano view. On the 4RX forum, some members were saying that their dealer can change it between a few colors.
Oh cool. I didn't know that. Maybe it's a setting that's not visible? I would think Lexus would code the colour in the system to match the exterior colour from the factory.
Old 01-31-16, 08:56 AM
Pinkab0o
Driver School Candidate

Default Little scratch

After getting my first car wash I noticed this small scratch not really noticeable but still bothers me. Does anyone know how much would it be to get fix
Attached Thumbnails NX Dings and Scratches Pics Thread-image.jpeg  
Old 01-31-16, 03:05 PM
jdt
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinkab0o
After getting my first car wash I noticed this small scratch not really noticeable but still bothers me. Does anyone know how much would it be to get fix
I can barely see the scratch. Just try compounding and polishing and it should help since it looks like a light scratch. Got a couple scratches and paint chips on mine and I've only had the car for 4 month so it's bound to happen no matter how much care you take of your car.
Old 01-31-16, 03:08 PM
jdt
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Paint chip on lower lip of front f sport bumper

Anyone have a paint chip on the lower bumper lip on the f sport model? I'm talking about the silver painted lower lip. Not sure if Lexus sells the touch up paint but just wondering if anyone has any info on the paint code. If not i'd probably have to head to canadian tire to find the closest match.
Attached Thumbnails NX Dings and Scratches Pics Thread-12647744_10156489323695483_775733448_n.jpg  
Old 02-18-16, 02:52 PM
Tulsa1603
6th Gear

FYI, if you get a door ding in the crease below your window, paintless dent repair can't save you. I've tried with two different shops and both say there is a structural brace that follows that line so they can't get access. So now I get to pay $900 and have the entire door repainted. Not a happy camper! If it wasn't on the drivers side I would probably let it go, but my eye goes right to it every time.
Old 02-24-16, 06:37 PM
Toneroni
Driver School Candidate

Anyone think about getting those license plate bumper guards?

4bumper duo on Amazon 4bumper duo on Amazon
They seem to work well for bumpers but the NX has the plates on the front grill and back gate. Think the grill and back gate would get damaged if it were pushed in too hard. I need something as I'm living in NY though. Any suggestions?

The dealer was offering gold package w dent/dings and tire/wheels, replacement keys etc free if I got the extended warranty but I can't drop around 2-3k...

Last edited by Toneroni; 02-24-16 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-25-16, 04:09 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tulsa1603
FYI, if you get a door ding in the crease below your window, paintless dent repair can't save you. I've tried with two different shops and both say there is a structural brace that follows that line so they can't get access. So now I get to pay $900 and have the entire door repainted. Not a happy camper! If it wasn't on the drivers side I would probably let it go, but my eye goes right to it every time.
Go to a real body shop, tell them what you've learned. In most cases, they will pull the door, disassemble it, and knock that out.

Probably cheaper than $900.
Old 02-25-16, 06:14 AM
lcquinitio
Driver School Candidate

Noticed this scratch on the driver side door panel above the mirror controls..
It's inly really noticeable when light hits it at a certain angle, but still annoys me

If anyone knows how to get rid of it I would appreciate the help
Attached Thumbnails NX Dings and Scratches Pics Thread-image.jpg  
Old 02-25-16, 08:09 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by lcquinitio
Noticed this scratch on the driver side door panel above the mirror controls..
It's inly really noticeable when light hits it at a certain angle, but still annoys me

If anyone knows how to get rid of it I would appreciate the help
that's nuluxe material there, right? Try some leather protector on that section. You'll need to apply it on the entire section to blend in, but I bet it'll really diminish that scratch.

Quick Reply: NX Dings and Scratches Pics Thread