NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Dings and Scratches Pics Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-15, 03:19 PM
md8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NXOwner
Here's an interesting article about a paintless dent remover.
Good insight. And, earning $100 - $125 for 15 minutes of this work sounds ok to me
Old 11-12-15, 10:20 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by MartinJX
This may be ancient history now, but while washing my NX I noticed a very similar perfectly straight "scratch" from one side of the roof to the other just aft of the windshield. It also looked as if it had gone down to the primer. The location precluded vandalism or accidental damage as a cause. Closer investigation with a fingernail indicated that it was actually a very fine line of high-tack adhesive of some kind. I haven't checked with the dealer, but a theory is that the cars have some protective sheets applied for shipping, and this is a trace following its removal. Wonder if your front fender/wing line might be a similar mark? Haven't yet tried to polish the mark on mine away as it's invisible from ground level and I don't want to damage the finish further.
Those protective white transport sheets are called "rapgards" and there is a Toyota/Lexus technical service bulletin out for it, with instructions on how to remove the residue.
Old 11-12-15, 10:32 PM
jayy178
Rookie

Did anyone pick up the option to have dings, wheel scrapes, tire replacements, and windshield repair covered? I got it for ~$1K which covers 5 yrs but have 60 days to opt out of it. I think its break even when you get 2 tire replacements, few dings and 2 curb repairs.
Old 11-15-15, 12:30 PM
MartinJX
Driver School Candidate

Thanks NX Owner for posting this. Will mention to dealer at first scheduled service.
Old 11-15-15, 08:30 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by MartinJX
Thanks NX Owner for posting this. Will mention to dealer at first scheduled service.
No problem. You're welcome. Let us know after your dealer visit.
Old 11-18-15, 01:43 PM
Purebeard
Driver School Candidate

It definitely hurt the people passing by, or a bag, or other object. But it can easily be polished and everything will be good.
Old 11-20-15, 04:58 PM
jdt
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default garage door scratched front grill

So i was parking my nx f sport in the garage and usually the garage door sensors would recognize that the car isn't clear from the door when it closes. But for some reason it didn't this time and the door clipped the front grill when it was closing. There are minor scratches to the front grill and around the border of the lexus emblem. It's not noticeable to be honest but do you guys think lexus dealer sells touch up paint for the front f sport grill? It's dark greyish in colour. What other options do i have to repair the scratches?
Old 11-20-15, 05:11 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by jdt
So i was parking my nx f sport in the garage and usually the garage door sensors would recognize that the car isn't clear from the door when it closes. But for some reason it didn't this time and the door clipped the front grill when it was closing. There are minor scratches to the front grill and around the border of the lexus emblem. It's not noticeable to be honest but do you guys think lexus dealer sells touch up paint for the front f sport grill? It's dark greyish in colour. What other options do i have to repair the scratches?
It's too bad. I feel your pain. The metal frame bars on the garage door protrude and scraped my CT's front bumper a few years back and it hurt in many ways

I don't believe there's a paint pen for the grille. Take a good color-accurate picture of your grille on your phone and visually compare it to paint cans or touch-up paint colors at Canadian Tire. Buy the closest match. It's what I've done over time with past cars for some touch up jobs on wheels, and other body work when a code was unavailable.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 11-20-15 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-20-15, 05:18 PM
jdt
Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
It's too bad. I feel your pain. The metal frame bars on the garage door protrude and scraped my CT's front bumper a few years back and it hurt in many ways

I don't believe there's a paint pen for the grille. Take a good color-accurate picture of your grille on your phone and visually compare it to paint cans or touch-up paint colors at Canadian Tire. Buy the closest match. It's what I've done over time with past cars for some touch up jobs on wheels, and other body work when a code was unavailable.
Yea I was very upset when it happened....especially when it happened while I wasn't even driving lol. Good thing it's not noticeable. I'll try Lexus dealer first but yea I think Canadian Tire would be a good alternative.
Old 01-10-16, 02:46 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Default Gas tank door prying attempt?

Sigh, just got back from my daughter's indoor soccer game at a nearby sports complex and found this.

Car was parked outdoors for about 90 minutes in the last spot, reversed so no car parked on the driver's side (black arrow in pic). This is the third (and largest) damage on the car totally inflicted by someone else's negligence or malicious intent. Frustrating to say the least. Does this look like someone was trying to pry open the door? Any other theories? It was a little windy (30 mph gusts).

Last edited by corradoMR2; 01-10-16 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-10-16, 03:18 PM
jdt
Driver

Aw man...that sucks. Is that on the gas cap? It was fairly windy in my area today but not sure if any flying rocks/debris could do that sort of damage or even the chances of it happening is very minimal. Are there security cameras in the area that you can look into? I feel your pain, i try to park my nx in empty areas and away from other cars but in the end i still end up with scratches....

Sigh, just got back from my daughter's indoor soccer game at a nearby sports complex and found this.

Car was parked outdoors for about 90 minutes in the last spot, reversed inward so no car parked on the driver's side (black arrow in pic). This is the third (and largest) damage on the car totally inflicted by someone else's negligence or malicious intent. Frustrating to say the least. Does this look like someone was trying to pry open the door? Any other theories? It was a little windy (30 mph gusts).

Old 01-10-16, 04:47 PM
md8
Driver School Candidate

Car was parked outdoors for about 90 minutes in the last spot, reversed so no car parked on the driver's side (black arrow in pic). This is the third (and largest) damage on the car totally inflicted by someone else's negligence or malicious intent. Frustrating to say the least. Does this look like someone was trying to pry open the door? Any other theories? It was a little windy (30 mph gusts).

Corrado - if that scratch at the bottom is not bent inward or outward, I'd say no on a pry attempt. Maybe someone threw something at your car. Your daughter score the winning goal?
Old 01-10-16, 08:45 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Are you sure the damage was inflicted at that location? Could it have happened earlier and you just noticed it?

Maybe a landscaper was weed-whacking the grass next to your car and some debris was thrown toward it?
Old 01-11-16, 05:56 AM
skabei
Driver

I think it could be something that got blown by the wind. Around your time of posting the snow storm/freezing rain storm was just starting. The snow was pretty much horizontal throughout the early evening. My snowboard and skis (inside their carry-bags) were blown around on the balcony and one of our chairs were blown down. This has never happened before and we're facing Northward while the wind was going east. What direction was the car facing?

The two marks on the mirror line up with the mark at the bottom of the casing. Maybe someone's snow brush got blown away while cleaning their car?
Old 01-11-16, 08:09 AM
aIRpeACE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the dealership messed it up, demand them to fix it

Quick Reply: NX Dings and Scratches Pics Thread