Wiper blades for NX

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-15, 05:29 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1halifax
How do you remove the wiper blade?
They are simple they pop out of the bracket and the new one pops in.......turn it upside down and pull it out.
I'm not positive on the NX haven't really looked at it yet. But , replacements are simple.

Old 10-28-15, 05:50 AM
Rdcrow
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you remove the wiper blade?
There is a button on top of the blades. Push it in and then pull the blade away from the arm. It should slide off.
Old 10-28-15, 06:35 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've found on several Lexus OEM sites that you can buy a refill for the rear as well. Its like $25 for all 3
Old 10-28-15, 07:15 AM
1halifax
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rdcrow
There is a button on top of the blades. Push it in and then pull the blade away from the arm. It should slide off.
Thanks. I am going to give it a try.
Old 10-31-15, 11:10 AM
Naren
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Naren
I am also facing same issue, I thought to go dealer..
Today I went to delaler regarding noise which is coming from wiper . They said some problem with assembly. So they are replacing with new one.. it is coverd in under warranty..... You can go and check with them ..
Old 11-01-15, 04:42 AM
1halifax
Pit Crew

Today I went to delaler regarding noise which is coming from wiper . They said some problem with assembly. So they are replacing with new one.. it is coverd in under warranty..... You can go and check with them ..
Thanks for the update. When it is completed can you provide what they did?
Thanks
Old 11-02-15, 07:49 AM
Naren
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the update. When it is completed can you provide what they did?
Thanks
I explained the issue they checked and told me the way wipers are functioning is not good, so they ordered new wiper assembly, May be this Tuesday parts will be available once installation is done i will let you know ..
Old 11-10-15, 11:07 AM
Naren
Driver School Candidate

I explained the issue they checked and told me the way wipers are functioning is not good, so they ordered new wiper assembly, May be this Tuesday parts will be available once installation is done i will let you know ..
Hi Last Saturday I went to dealer , They replaced wipers and wiper arms for my NX.. It took 30 mins to replace, They didn't replace any wiper motors..FYI
Old 11-10-15, 11:31 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I am ordering the refills (rubber) from my dealer. I'll let you know what they nick me for.
Old 11-10-15, 01:17 PM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t
I am ordering the refills (rubber) from my dealer. I'll let you know what they nick me for.
$39.85 just for the rubber. I may get some Bosch full replacements instead.
Old 11-18-15, 11:55 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Even though there aren't many official aftermarket wipers, I'm wondering if I can buy wipers that match the size and harness and be ok.

For example, I like the Bosch Icon brand wiper. If I go out, find the right sizes (26-16-12), the right harness and then I can install them and they would work.

I just can't imagine Lexus using wiper harness design that wiper makers aren't already using.
Old 11-19-15, 07:46 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd like to share my experience.

When the car was first delivered, the water would bead off the glass, and the wipers squeeked slightly, leading me to believe that some sort of "coating" was applied prior to delivery. After inquiring, that was confirmed. Now, I don't mind rain-x and that sort of stuff on the sides, rear and top, but on the front, ... thats a big no no to me...

So, lived with that until my windshield got smashed by something dropping from an overhead bridge and needed to get replaced. Once replaced, no water beading (oh joy!) but somehow, a lot of stains... so I sent it in to some auto polish place to get the windshield detailed.

They coated it!!!

So after fretting a while, I discovered a product called "Ametvi oil film remover". Its a japanese product, no english translations nothing... but what I managed to discover was that it contains cerium oxide as a polishing agent. So I guess any glass compound that contains cerium oxide, or just plain cerium oxide powder mixed with some water would do the same thing... well, that removed all traces of coating, my wipers are silent and clear ALL water with one single swipe.

(had to polish the windshield a few times over a few days, as each time I fully cleaned it, some contaminants from the wipers remain, and would wipe off onto the glass. I tried cleaning the wipers, but to no avail. After about 5 times, the glass appears to remain streak free, coating free and the wipers silent.)
Old 11-20-15, 05:47 AM
1halifax
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by legrunt
I'd like to share my experience.

When the car was first delivered, the water would bead off the glass, and the wipers squeeked slightly, leading me to believe that some sort of "coating" was applied prior to delivery. After inquiring, that was confirmed. Now, I don't mind rain-x and that sort of stuff on the sides, rear and top, but on the front, ... thats a big no no to me...

So, lived with that until my windshield got smashed by something dropping from an overhead bridge and needed to get replaced. Once replaced, no water beading (oh joy!) but somehow, a lot of stains... so I sent it in to some auto polish place to get the windshield detailed.

They coated it!!!

So after fretting a while, I discovered a product called "Ametvi oil film remover". Its a japanese product, no english translations nothing... but what I managed to discover was that it contains cerium oxide as a polishing agent. So I guess any glass compound that contains cerium oxide, or just plain cerium oxide powder mixed with some water would do the same thing... well, that removed all traces of coating, my wipers are silent and clear ALL water with one single swipe.

(had to polish the windshield a few times over a few days, as each time I fully cleaned it, some contaminants from the wipers remain, and would wipe off onto the glass. I tried cleaning the wipers, but to no avail. After about 5 times, the glass appears to remain streak free, coating free and the wipers silent.)

Did you the Japanese product and if you did from where?
Old 11-20-15, 04:55 PM
Rdcrow
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tresmith00
Even though there aren't many official aftermarket wipers, I'm wondering if I can buy wipers that match the size and harness and be ok.

For example, I like the Bosch Icon brand wiper. If I go out, find the right sizes (26-16-12), the right harness and then I can install them and they would work.

I just can't imagine Lexus using wiper harness design that wiper makers aren't already using.
I bought the Bosch Icon OE blades off of Amazon, which come with a "push-button" adapter. But they don't fit. The adapter is very similar but does not fit the NX's wiper arms. So I'm back to square one. I washed my car the other day and put some Rain-X on the glass and blades but it hasn't rained since so I haven't been able to test it out. I'm still looking for aftermarket blades that fix.
Old 11-21-15, 03:14 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rdcrow
I bought the Bosch Icon OE blades off of Amazon, which come with a "push-button" adapter. But they don't fit. The adapter is very similar but does not fit the NX's wiper arms. So I'm back to square one. I washed my car the other day and put some Rain-X on the glass and blades but it hasn't rained since so I haven't been able to test it out. I'm still looking for aftermarket blades that fix.
I just had that same experience last night.

I went to buy the Bosch Icons thinking that Lexus couldn't possible bring out some sort of proprietary adapter. Boy was I wrong. I took one wiper off the car, brought it into the Autozone with me and I couldn't find any wipers that fit. The NX adapter is like the OE adapters but much more compact.

They really out did themselves with this one. :-/

I did buy rain x washer fluid...that should help.

Question...has anyone been able to flip up the rear wiper to change or clean it? I haven't been able to cause the thing is so stiff it feels like I'll break it if I apply too much pressure.

Quick Reply: Wiper blades for NX