NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

This Shouldn't Happen to the Nav Screen, Right?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-19, 11:49 PM
Seblex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DietrichNL
I have had the same issue with my IS.
Tried different kinds of things, and what worked for my nav screen was very simple, Nail polish remover.
First i tried it on a corner of the screen, and after a few wipes with a soft cloth it got clean, then i just applied that to the whole screen, and the nav screen looks brand new a year after applying that method.
I have to say , the Nail polish remover really works for me too. I used an acetone base and it still works . But be careful to the edges , not to touch la black plastic that surround the pannel , because it will be bleached . I was careful enough to not touch the margins and job done in 6-7 minutes. I was in doubt to order a new one which cost aprox. 90 US dollars or 80 euro from the dealer without labour . But now taking your advice how to do it , I am very happy with the result . Thank you
Old 05-01-19, 09:35 AM
NxTGen
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought a pre-loved nx and I had concerns about the screen before purchase. Dealer said they would clean the screen and it would be good, already knowing this was an issue I knew it wouldn’t be taken care of. So after I took delivery it was still the same, complained and now have an appointment for Lexus to replace it free or charge. Will look into getting some other sort of protective to go over it once it’s replaced, or look into the android 10.25” head unit I’ve been hearing about. Glad to see I’m not the only one with this issue.
Old 05-01-19, 10:03 AM
ACP84
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NxTGen
Just bought a pre-loved nx and I had concerns about the screen before purchase. Dealer said they would clean the screen and it would be good, already knowing this was an issue I knew it wouldn’t be taken care of. So after I took delivery it was still the same, complained and now have an appointment for Lexus to replace it free or charge. Will look into getting some other sort of protective to go over it once it’s replaced, or look into the android 10.25” head unit I’ve been hearing about. Glad to see I’m not the only one with this issue.
what year did you get and how bad was it? any pictures?
Old 05-01-19, 12:02 PM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by NxTGen
The replacement screens have a different glass or coating and don’t have the issue. Once they replace it, you no longer have to worry about the peeling.

Last edited by olgzr; 05-01-19 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-01-19, 12:16 PM
ACP84
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by olgzr
The replacement screens have a different glass or coating and don’t have the issue. Once they replace it, you no longer have to worry about the peeling.
Do you know which model years were affected? I just bought a 2017 f sport NX...hopefully that doesnt give me problems down the road
Old 05-02-19, 07:46 AM
NxTGen
Driver School Candidate

Model year 2016 nx, manufactured in November of 2015.

All along the bottom of the screen
Old 05-02-19, 09:43 AM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ACP84
Do you know which model years were affected? I just bought a 2017 f sport NX...hopefully that doesnt give me problems down the road
Post 124 of this thread says that the first screens replaced were replaced with the same part number as the original but later a new part was developed to correct the issue. Unfortunately, it doesn’t list the date that the new part number was available. Maybe a parts person at the dealership can give you that information. I’m sure at some point they incorporated the new part on the assembly line but I don’t have that information.
Old 05-02-19, 12:57 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

my 2016 built 2/16 with no issue
Old 05-06-19, 08:48 AM
NxTGen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by olgzr
Post 124 of this thread says that the first screens replaced were replaced with the same part number as the original but later a new part was developed to correct the issue. Unfortunately, it doesn’t list the date that the new part number was available. Maybe a parts person at the dealership can give you that information. I’m sure at some point they incorporated the new part on the assembly line but I don’t have that information.
Went into Lexus today to get the screen repaired. It was covered under the 4 year 50k warranty. Long story short, in talking with my service advisor they are still seeing a good amount of Nx's coming in with this issue. Lexus has come out with a "fix" for this and only replacing the anti-glare protector on the screen and not the entire screen. I must say I was in and out of the dealership in less than an hour and a half of arrival and the screen looks brand new! So glad its done now as it was driving me up a wall looking at it in the day time. So anyone within this warranty period is able to get this done free of charge.
Old 05-06-19, 02:46 PM
yertua
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. I had my 2015 NX 200t f-sport screen replaced also. I had the same peeling problem. The dealer replaced it and said it was a common problem. This was in Fremont Lexus dealer.
Old 11-03-19, 07:15 AM
lilrobin
Driver School Candidate

I too had this screen issue on my 2016 NX 200t FSport. I had only 13 days left in my manufacture warranty, so I made a quick appointment with my local dealership after reading this forum. To my surprise they had the screen in stock and replaced it no questions asked within 30 mins. This is my first Lexus, but I love how well they take care of me.
The following users liked this post:
NXOwner (11-10-19)
Old 11-03-19, 01:19 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by lilrobin
I too had this screen issue on my 2016 NX 200t FSport. I had only 13 days left in my manufacture warranty, so I made a quick appointment with my local dealership after reading this forum. To my surprise they had the screen in stock and replaced it no questions asked within 30 mins. This is my first Lexus, but I love how well they take care of me.
that's because enough people beat them up previously after being told we cleaned it improperly that they finally realized it's a defect...