NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Another day another question (or two)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-15, 11:42 AM
hambone8
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another day another question (or two)

Once again I have more questions that I can't seem to find answers for in the manual or search.

1. Lane departure alert (Lane Keep Assist?) - Is there a way, perhaps dealer only setting, to have this enabled upon start up? So far I have to re-enable after startup and read the same in the manual, but was wondering if there was a way to make it more permanent?
2. USB connections - I'm using an iphone5 as an ipod as a source and use the additional USB cable to my iphone6. There are no issues picking ipod as a source and accessing the iphone5 for music. I'm not certain how to do the same for my iphone6. I've figured the USB source option would be it, but it's greyed out which makes me think its looking for a usb drive and/or thumbdrive. I would like to access my iphone6 as I have spotify on there. So far I've only been able to access it using bluetooth which I rather avoid (heavy compression). Any tips or tricks for this?
3. Backup camera - Which type of gridlines did you go with? Estimated course line or Parking assist guide? So far I've been leaning towards the Estimated course line.

Last edited by hambone8; 09-29-15 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-29-15, 12:07 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by hambone8
...Backup camera - Which type of gridlines did you go with? Estimated course line or Parking assist guide? So far I've been leaning towards the Estimated course line.
I prefer the Estimated Course Line Display. Although in a pinch, I will temporarily switch to the Parking Assist Guide Line Display, if necessary.
Old 09-29-15, 01:31 PM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hambone8
Once again I have more questions that I can't seem to find answers for in the manual or search.

1. Lane departure alert (Lane Keep Assist?) - Is there a way, perhaps dealer only setting, to have this enabled upon start up? So far I have to re-enable after startup and read the same in the manual, but was wondering if there was a way to make it more permanent?
I don't think even a dealer can set this, as it's not in the list of Lexus Personalized Settings for the NX (and not, accordingly, in the Carista application, which I own and love).