NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official NX Roof Rack Options (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-14, 03:38 PM
Pei Mei
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roof rack cross bars

Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone has the Lexus roof rack cross bars or has added an aftermarket cross bar? Looking at the Lexus website looks like its a dealer installed accessory. If anyone has these from Lexus what did you pay and how is the quality? If you went aftermarket what did you end up going with? Any input is appreciated. Thank you.
Old 01-26-15, 05:27 PM
putamen68
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Cross Bar

i drive a silver lining 200t and purchased the cross bar from the dealer for $300,it might be a bit expensive vs an aftermarket (if you can find one) but it has the lexus logo on each side of the bar which really stands out. i installed myself which was pretty easy. will post pix later
Old 01-26-15, 09:56 PM
philwojo
Pole Position

Putamen68, are they permanently installed or are they removable types? Meaning they lock on when you want to use them and come off easily when you don't type of thing?

We are considering them for a 300h we hope to take delivery on this week.

Thanks,
Phil
Old 01-27-15, 05:21 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw them at the Detroit auto show this past weekend. (the OEM ones)

Name:  FFD4186C-4BD9-4072-9EB5-26FEA8EAF440_zpsftwczwtw.jpg
Views: 6855
Size:  75.9 KB

They were a little "big" to be honest. I felt the plastic on the sides was a little obnoxious, just so they could fit the Lexus emblem on them. However, that said, I pulled on them a little and they seemed to be well made. I also figure they have to be bigger to clear the roof glass when opened.

Overall, i was impressed by them. I will consider putting those on my first winter.

But, given that they are a dealer installed option, I would rather buy them at unit price, and install them myself. You are only one "oops" from a guy in the service department from a scratched roof.

Last edited by Swacer; 01-27-15 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-27-15, 09:46 AM
crankshaft
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

There available on ebay from a Lexus dealer. ebay # 171624626033
Old 01-27-15, 09:59 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome, thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that when the car arrives.
Old 01-28-15, 02:39 PM
Pei Mei
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by putamen68
i drive a silver lining 200t and purchased the cross bar from the dealer for $300,it might be a bit expensive vs an aftermarket (if you can find one) but it has the lexus logo on each side of the bar which really stands out. i installed myself which was pretty easy. will post pix later

Pics would be great when you get a moment. Thanks.
Old 02-03-15, 12:37 PM
BALTANX
Driver School Candidate

Default Official NX Roof Rack Options (Merged Threads)

Hey Everyone--so I've been looking into roof rack and all weather mat options for the NX and I can't seem to find anything that will fit. I know Lexus website offers a crossbar and all weather mats but Im hoping to find a better aftermarket option. Thule and Yakima websites don't have any options for the NX yet. My NX has the built in rails on the roof. If anyone can point me in the right direction or has a rack installed I'd love to know.

As far as all weather mats, I'm looking for something like the weather tech mats that cover more area around the edges as opposed to the Lexus mats that just cover the floor. Any input would be awesome. Thanks!
Old 02-03-15, 01:11 PM
philwojo
Pole Position

I would email weather tech and see what they say about coming up with some for the NX. You can let them know that I live close to their retail store in IL, and I have a 300h, I'd be happy to be their guinea pig!!

As for the roof rack, I just ordered the Lexus one from Sewell, it is supposed to arrive on Thursday. They don't look hard to install, I'll let you know how it goes once I get them on.

Phil
Old 02-03-15, 04:21 PM
BALTANX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by philwojo
I would email weather tech and see what they say about coming up with some for the NX. You can let them know that I live close to their retail store in IL, and I have a 300h, I'd be happy to be their guinea pig!!

As for the roof rack, I just ordered the Lexus one from Sewell, it is supposed to arrive on Thursday. They don't look hard to install, I'll let you know how it goes once I get them on.

Phil
Thanks for the response Phil! How much was the lexus rack? You can put any ski/snowboard attachments once you have the crossbars, right?

What's funny is I did email weather tech asking when the mats would come out last week but I've yet to receive a response!
Old 02-03-15, 04:23 PM
philwojo
Pole Position

On Sewell it is $375 before the Club Lexus discount, that brings it down to $320 both still plus shipping. Here is the link to it:

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2015/7307.html

As for what you can put on it, I am not certain, but I would assume it is the same as any other crossbar, but it is just that an assumption.

I emailed Weather Tech today, after I replied to you, I will see if I get a response.

Phil
Old 02-03-15, 06:19 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BALTANX
Thanks for the response Phil! How much was the lexus rack? You can put any ski/snowboard attachments once you have the crossbars, right?

What's funny is I did email weather tech asking when the mats would come out last week but I've yet to receive a response!
I would just call the WeatherTech phone number at 1-800-441-6287 for information.
Old 02-04-15, 08:09 AM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WeatherTech (who is severly behind the power curve and has very snippy customer service people when you want to ask questions) says they are in "design now for NX200T and there is no release date scheduled as of yet."

woefully slow campany.....
Old 02-04-15, 11:29 AM
BALTANX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cb80923
WeatherTech (who is severly behind the power curve and has very snippy customer service people when you want to ask questions) says they are in "design now for NX200T and there is no release date scheduled as of yet."

woefully slow campany.....
Thanks for the update CB. I agree, really wish they would get their ish together. What would be even better would be if Lexus increased the coverage of their all weather mats to include the sides of the floors to prevent dirt and such from being trapped along the edges of the mat. Although now I'm just being picky so I'll step down from the soap box now...
Old 02-06-15, 11:49 AM
jalford999
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got a response from Weather tech today and they should have the new all weather mats out around the end of Feb or first of March. Assume wind deflectors also coming out about same time.

Quick Reply: Official NX Roof Rack Options (Merged Threads)