NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus Hawaii screwed up my order

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-15, 11:43 PM
phatm3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Hawaii screwed up my order

so I ordered my NX300H with flaxen interior, Meteor Blue Mica. With Nav, LED headlights, the works. This was back in May 15.
I got an email this Wednesday saying that the car actually got here early. My salesman sent me a picture tonight, I was so excited!

Looking at the picture sent, my heart dropped. At first i noticed the headlights were not the LEDs, then I noticed that the front badge wasn't blue like a hybrid. Also, no side badge saying hybrid.

I called my salesman and told him I think he took a picture of a blue 200T and not a 300H...

He called me back blaming the purchasing people and that they made a mistake. He told me that his manager will offer $1000 off on the same NX or any NX in the lot....thats when I lost it. I told him if I wanted another color combo, then I would have bought one already three months ago, also, We wanted a hybrid, he is trying to sell me an NX200T....I will be at the dealership in the morning, raising hell and I demand to see the manager...

This would have been my first Lexus...but the big mistake at Servco Lexus Hawaii is mind boggling....

Last edited by phatm3; 08-01-15 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-01-15, 02:33 AM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by phatm3
so I ordered my NX300H with flaxen interior, Meteor Blue Mica. With Nav, LED headlights, the works. This was back in May 15.
I got an email this Wednesday saying that the car actually got here early. My salesman sent me a picture tonight, I was so excited!

Looking at the picture sent, my heart dropped. At first i noticed the headlights were not the LEDs, then I noticed that the front badge wasn't blue like a hybrid. Also, no side badge saying hybrid.

I called my salesman and told him I think he took a picture of a blue 200T and not a 300H...

He called me back blaming the purchasing people and that they made a mistake. He told me that his manager will offer $1000 off on the same NX or any NX in the lot....thats when I lost it. I told him if I wanted another color combo, then I would have bought one already three months ago, also, We wanted a hybrid, he is trying to sell me an NX200T....I will be at the dealership in the morning, raising hell and I demand to see the manager...

This would have been my first Lexus...but the incompetence at Servco Lexus Hawaii is mind boggling....
Chill bro... I totally get your frustration... but everyone makes mistakes. I would encourage you to speak to the manager to see what can be done, but please, don't have it in your mind to be raising hell right from the get go.

What I mean to say is, it's not set in stone that hell has to be raised, although I do admit, that is a strong possibility, but just saying, be open to other possibilities as well...
Old 08-01-15, 03:04 AM
DBCOM
Driver School Candidate

I can understand your frustration, but through personal experience, unless you feel they're taking advantage, I've managed to get more out of a dealership by being civilized and fair, than I have from acting like a douche... If you look at this from the other side of the coin and someone's treating you like *****, odds are you won't want to help them as much, at least that would be the case with me... my 2 cents... good luck!
Old 08-01-15, 03:25 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes - it stinks but keep it in perspective. After all, it's only a car. Try not to get too upset.

I wouldn't be surprised if you find out that your car is still on order, with the correct colors and options but a sales person or manager may be trying to squeeze one more sale into their month for a volume bonus or to bump their commission. They really have nothing to lose by 'offering' you anothe rNX on the lot and discounting it by a meager $1000 if that bumps heir month end number over a certain goal.

Not saying that's 100% the issue but don't be surprised if you find that your order may be in soon anyway. . . .

Please keep us posted and again, don't stress too much. Most people on this board understand the frustration of waiting for a car - we waited all of this time to be able to get our NX's too
Old 08-01-15, 05:25 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

It's too bad and I understand your sentiments when you're excited and waiting for a while... only to be faced with such a glaring mistake.

When I ordered my IS 2 years ago, my dealer dropped the ball on the tints I ordered through them. The delivery manager who took my order at the time failed to do basic due diligence. She did not verify tint availability and follow through with the manufacturer, and let me know that tint was not available any longer prior to delivery. In short, at time of delivery, my car was not tinted, my sales rep and sales manager apologized profusely while not only giving me a similar tint next day, but reduced my lease payment by almost 20$/month over 4 years. The delivery manager was no longer there later that year. I heard she dropped the ball on other situations. Coincidence she's gone? There are mistakes everywhere, they will happen, and although mine is minor compared to yours, it worked out even better since my dealer fixed the issue and I have a lower payment. Go in there, show your disappointment and displeasure, ask them how they will fix this for you so you can still give them a 10 on the coveted dealer survey, and work on that. They will move if they know you're waiting on that survey...Keep it professional and you will get more out of it than storming in.
Old 08-01-15, 06:18 AM
phatm3
Driver

Thank you all for the advice, I have calmed down alot since last night. I just hope that this Lexus dealer would make it right. One problem is that they are not part of Lexus USA, they're independent dealer and the lone dealer in the entire islands.
Of course I will be civilized, I can raise hell and still be a gentleman. I'll update later
Old 08-01-15, 06:22 AM
phatm3
Driver

Originally Posted by DigMyM35x
Yes - it stinks but keep it in perspective. After all, it's only a car. Try not to get too upset.

I wouldn't be surprised if you find out that your car is still on order, with the correct colors and options but a sales person or manager may be trying to squeeze one more sale into their month for a volume bonus or to bump their commission. They really have nothing to lose by 'offering' you anothe rNX on the lot and discounting it by a meager $1000 if that bumps heir month end number over a certain goal.

Not saying that's 100% the issue but don't be surprised if you find that your order may be in soon anyway. . . .

Please keep us posted and again, don't stress too much. Most people on this board understand the frustration of waiting for a car - we waited all of this time to be able to get our NX's too
I was really hoping that this was the case, that my correct order was still coming and everything will be right in the world...but was told last night that, this was my order and that the purchasing dept really made this mistake. I may have to reorder and wait another 2 and half months

If I am going to wait that long again, maybe Lexus will change in 2016 and offer hybrid Fsport in the US, wishful thinking....

Last edited by phatm3; 08-01-15 at 06:31 AM.
Old 08-01-15, 09:30 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

sorry to hear about your situation. I was in Hawaii in July and saw 1 NX in Waikiki. Your situation is different from many of ours since the dealer can't easily trade vehicles with a nearby dealer since there are none. Even if there was it may be on another island like Maui which would require putting a car on a ship which costs money.

With the plethora of Japanese on Oahu maybe they can easily sell the bait and switch vehicle they offered you and get you the right vehicle.
Old 08-01-15, 10:28 AM
phatm3
Driver

Originally Posted by wildeklave
sorry to hear about your situation. I was in Hawaii in July and saw 1 NX in Waikiki. Your situation is different from many of ours since the dealer can't easily trade vehicles with a nearby dealer since there are none. Even if there was it may be on another island like Maui which would require putting a car on a ship which costs money.

With the plethora of Japanese on Oahu maybe they can easily sell the bait and switch vehicle they offered you and get you the right vehicle.
They also own the Maui dealership. They have one MBM in Maui, but with the parchment/cream interior which we specifically did not want due to my wife being a Realtor, it will get dirty asap. You've been to Hawaii, you know that our red dirt can stain and would not come off.
Old 08-01-15, 01:04 PM
phatm3
Driver

Spoke to the sales manager. We have to reorder. We wanted the meteor blue with the flaxen interior. It will be a 2016 NX300H. Apparently, the Meteor Blue is discontinued for 2016. Lexus new color is Bright Blue.
Did a quick search for the that color, but only Ultrasonic blue comes up.

So the waiting game restarts. 3 months to go.
Old 08-01-15, 01:41 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,209 Likes on 956 Posts

Spoke to the sales manager. We have to reorder. We wanted the meteor blue with the flaxen interior. It will be a 2016 NX300H. Apparently, the Meteor Blue is discontinued for 2016. Lexus new color is Bright Blue.
Did a quick search for the that color, but only Ultrasonic blue comes up.

So the waiting game restarts. 3 months to go.
So what is the dealer doing to mitigate the long wait? Are you at the very least getting the 2016 for the 2015 price? Free scheduled maintenance service for the life of the warranty?
Old 08-01-15, 03:23 PM
phatm3
Driver

Originally Posted by swfla
So what is the dealer doing to mitigate the long wait? Are you at the very least getting the 2016 for the 2015 price? Free scheduled maintenance service for the life of the warranty?
They offered $1000 off the 2015 price for the 2016 model. I can't get anymore. ...like I said, only one on the islands.
Old 08-01-15, 03:40 PM
phatm3
Driver

They offered $1000 off the 2015 price for the 2016 model. I can't get anymore. ...like I said, only one on the islands.
Free scheduled maintenance for the life of the warranty....I would have to ask about that. Or even a discount on the extended warranty
Old 08-03-15, 12:16 AM
Supra4100
Rookie

Kind of stinks being the only outlet. They can act like they're doing you a favor discounting it $1k. The dealer in Tulsa, close to me was pretty firm on msrp. For some reason they can't keep them on the lot. I went down to OKC where mine was discounted a little over $2k. If it helps, it's a great vehicle & cause for many compliments & conversations. Well worth the wait.
Old 08-03-15, 05:31 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ugh, sorry to hear about their error. I can understand your frustration.

Would be even worse if you were leasing and had a hard turn in date.

I'm guessing the 'they're the only one in HI' is the cost of living in the beautiful islands. I would guess you guys get screwed in a lot of ways over there. But on balance, what a great place to live!!

Try not to stress too much. You'll love the NX once you get it regardless of this experience.

By the way, I agree on the parchment interior. It was way too light for us as well. We were disappointed we couldn't get the flaxen interior on the luxury package - it isn't available in leather. Not sure if they've changed that but I would doubt it. If you are ordering the luxury package with leather seats, make sure they check if available with flaxen. My guess is that it still is not. No sense putting off potential repeat frustration for later.

Best of luck!!

Quick Reply: Lexus Hawaii screwed up my order