NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus Hawaii screwed up my order

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-15, 08:14 AM
CybrRdr
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phatm3
Spoke to the sales manager. We have to reorder. We wanted the meteor blue with the flaxen interior. It will be a 2016 NX300H. Apparently, the Meteor Blue is discontinued for 2016. Lexus new color is Bright Blue.
Did a quick search for the that color, but only Ultrasonic blue comes up.

So the waiting game restarts. 3 months to go.
Sorry to hear about your issues. Too bad the color you wanted is no longer available. I assume that you went with "Bright Blue"? It would make me very nervous to reorder the car in a color I've never seen in person before. Hope it all works out for you! Good luck!
Old 08-03-15, 09:10 AM
phatm3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CybrRdr
Sorry to hear about your issues. Too bad the color you wanted is no longer available. I assume that you went with "Bright Blue"? It would make me very nervous to reorder the car in a color I've never seen in person before. Hope it all works out for you! Good luck!
Yes, ordered the bright blue with the flaxen interior. Wife is adamant to get the blue. We have had vehicles of the rest of the colors, just wanted something new, something blue.

I originally faxed in my order, it was very specific:
...2015 NX300H (Hybrid), Meteor blue Mica with flaxen interior. Choice B with Navigation package.

In Hawaii, for the 300H, you have two choices. basic Choice A doesn't have Nav, and choice B is with Nav and loaded pretty much with everything.

For Months, I kept calling, emailing, texting the salesman for an order receipt. Either he was on vacation, just got married or just had a surgery...if he gave me an order receipt, i would have caught the error very easily (300h to 200T).

This time, the sales manager was the one who filled out the order sheet, we checked and double checked, color codes, and options. He also wrote in the 2015 price, took off $1000. Then gave me a carbon copy of the order receipt.

Since its a 2016, he told me 3 -4 months, more like 4.
The original order was for our wedding anniversary, but it will be a wife bday gift instead, maybe xmas gift. The manager promised me a big red bow when the time comes.

I've already ordered sunshields, and mudguards, waiting for weathertech to start making the floor mats.

Last edited by phatm3; 08-03-15 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-03-15, 09:54 AM
phatm3
Driver

I hoping that bright blue mica would be close to this color
Attached Thumbnails Lexus Hawaii screwed up my order-image.jpg  
Old 08-07-15, 08:59 PM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Mbm nx

Originally Posted by phatm3
Yes, ordered the bright blue with the flaxen interior. Wife is adamant to get the blue. We have had vehicles of the rest of the colors, just wanted something new, something blue.

I originally faxed in my order, it was very specific:
...2015 NX300H (Hybrid), Meteor blue Mica with flaxen interior. Choice B with Navigation package.

In Hawaii, for the 300H, you have two choices. basic Choice A doesn't have Nav, and choice B is with Nav and loaded pretty much with everything.

For Months, I kept calling, emailing, texting the salesman for an order receipt. Either he was on vacation, just got married or just had a surgery...if he gave me an order receipt, i would have caught the error very easily (300h to 200T).

This time, the sales manager was the one who filled out the order sheet, we checked and double checked, color codes, and options. He also wrote in the 2015 price, took off $1000. Then gave me a carbon copy of the order receipt.

Since its a 2016, he told me 3 -4 months, more like 4.
The original order was for our wedding anniversary, but it will be a wife bday gift instead, maybe xmas gift. The manager promised me a big red bow when the time comes.

I've already ordered sunshields, and mudguards, waiting for weathertech to start making the floor mats.
I was in for service and saw "your car" I wanted a MBM NX and was told they were not bringing any in besides the one on Maui. ( whoever orders doesn't want/ like the blue.)

I had a Meteor/ Flaxen GS on the mainland. Without a doubt, a stunning combo.

They wouldn't deal on an NX so I ended up getting RX. I wasn't paying retail and getting beat to death on my trade. I have had 20 Lexus' and never paid anything close to retail (but I was on the Mainland).
Living here you can't go to the mainland and bring one in, Servco has the right to not provide warranty service....

Send me a PM if you want more info...
Old 08-07-15, 11:21 PM
phatm3
Driver

Originally Posted by GrdnRxR
I was in for service and saw "your car" I wanted a MBM NX and was told they were not bringing any in besides the one on Maui. ( whoever orders doesn't want/ like the blue.)

I had a Meteor/ Flaxen GS on the mainland. Without a doubt, a stunning combo.

They wouldn't deal on an NX so I ended up getting RX. I wasn't paying retail and getting beat to death on my trade. I have had 20 Lexus' and never paid anything close to retail (but I was on the Mainland).
Living here you can't go to the mainland and bring one in, Servco has the right to not provide warranty service....

Send me a PM if you want more info...
Yeah, will play the waiting game. Gave me time to sell my "trade in car", which is probably good, since they were going to low ball my car anyway. At least i got closer to blue book on it.
This is my first Lexus, have had an ML350 (not reliable), E46 M3 convertible, that was a blast, but showing age and very expensive parts and labor. Wanting a more reliable Japanese car again, so far all my friends who'se had Lexus' were pretty happy.